Lebron James better than Michael Jordan?

• Thread starter RicardoInciarte
  • Start date
RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can't compare these players. But I like Jordan more.

I agree with this. LeBron has a pass first mentality. He is really more of a point guard or "power guard/point forward" than he is a small forward. He likes to facilitate the ball more and create plays instead of finishing. But he can also score at will because of his size, strength and athletic ability. He is more comparable to Magic Johnson than anybody.

Michael Jordan was a pure scorer. He made up his mind that he wanted to score and there was nothing anyone could do about it. He is more comparable to Kobe.

The debate should be done when LBJ is retired as he still has a ways to go in his career.

I disagree with your last point LBJ is bigger, stronger and faster than MJ the physical game would suited him more than the new finesse game.. He would have dominated in any era he played in just like MJ would.

Competition was much less than it is now LBJ would have probably have more rings if he played back then. No Spurs, no big 3 in Boston, no GSW.

LBJ has 3 rings and to get them he had to beat OKC with 3 future MVP, Spurs the most successful team in the last 20 years with the best coach of the era, GSW who happened to win the most games (73-9) in a season that season.

I agree with this as well. LeBron is a freak of nature once in a generation player that came into the game as an 18 year old kid dominating grown men. There's no question he would have annihilated the league in Jordan's time (imo). He would have simply been too big, fast and strong for guys in the 80s and 90s. Not to even mention his insane basketball IQ.

Ok, we can't compares James and Jordan, 2 kinds of game styles so, nothing to compares.
BUT,
Is possible that Lebron James takes GOAT title?
I think NOT, is not possible, Jordan is and will be the GOAT.

Good luck to James :D

This is just the reality when it comes down to it. Both are different players and both are great. We are lucky to have witnessed both of them on the basketball court.

As for GOAT title? Ehhh, that depends on what you're taking into consideration. Championships? MJ obviously. Overall career statistics and achievements? LBJ for sure.

With them being such different players, choosing between the two to start a franchise around would boil down to what you're looking for in a player. Are you looking for a scorer? Go with MJ. Are you looking for a facilitator? Go with Bron.

Just my two cents! :)

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
100% agree
I agree with this. LeBron has a pass first mentality. He is really more of a point guard or "power guard/point forward" than he is a small forward. He likes to facilitate the ball more and create plays instead of finishing. But he can also score at will because of his size, strength and athletic ability. He is more comparable to Magic Johnson than anybody.

Michael Jordan was a pure scorer. He made up his mind that he wanted to score and there was nothing anyone could do about it. He is more comparable to Kobe.

I agree with this as well. LeBron is a freak of nature once in a generation player that came into the game as an 18 year old kid dominating grown men. There's no question he would have annihilated the league in Jordan's time (imo). He would have simply been too big, fast and strong for guys in the 80s and 90s. Not to even mention his insane basketball IQ.

This is just the reality when it comes down to it. Both are different players and both are great. We are lucky to have witnessed both of them on the basketball court.

As for GOAT title? Ehhh, that depends on what you're taking into consideration. Championships? MJ obviously. Overall career statistics and achievements? LBJ for sure.

With them being such different players, choosing between the two to start a franchise around would boil down to what you're looking for in a player. Are you looking for a scorer? Go with MJ. Are you looking for a facilitator? Go with Bron.

Just my two cents! :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to compare them, the NBA has changed a lot since then. Some records may be overwhelmed by Lebron, but I think in the public mind, Jordan is always better off than Lebron.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
MJ the largest in history by far unmatched by any other

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different players that play different positions and style both amazing and forsure right at the top of the best all time lists .

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Never ... I had the good fortune to see Michael Jordan playing in his best times ... I'll just say he was a player from another planet ... a very colorful player who always surprised with spectacular plays ... Lebron James is one of the best players there have been ... but never equal or better than his majesty Jordan ..!

M

Max Grondman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Michael Jordan is legend. Who is better Koby O Bryant or Lebron James?

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think MJ is all the best and will. He is a ****ing legend! Lebron is really good too but MJ is the real goat

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you really comparing teams? Look at the teams the year after lebron leaves... look at the year mj played baseball... how this is still even a topic is beyond me. For the majority it's all based on nostalgia. And if you're comparing la, then look at the wizards when mj went there...
Yes, but look at LeBron teammates. He played with D-Wade and Bosh in Miami and with Irving and Love in Cavs. He joined to great team in poor east. Now, he play for LA and they've a little chance to advanced to west finals.

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take Jordan on my team all day. But Lebron probably wins one on one

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me Michael Jordan is the best...

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If James is the best basketball player of all time, then Jordan himself is basketball ..

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This comparisons between players who played in different periods of time and against different players ia always hard as the comparisons between Pele against either Maradona or Messi or CR7...

Both até Monsters and top of their generations but they dos not played against each other nor with oulr against same players!

You canal compare Messi and CR7 or Maradona and Zico or Nadal and Federer but not LeBron and Jordan!

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lebron is King his time

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron James is the more complete defensive player, better passer, better shooter, and he is bigger, and stronger than MJ.
And HE IS CLUTCH!
It was more different in the 80s. MJ would have a very hard time playing in 2018.

Jordan would have a hard time??? The league is easier than ever for scorers. Jordan might average 40 if he played in 2018 in his prime

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
While we know that Lebron James is breaking many records in the NBA is necessary to compare it with Michael Jordan? What I'm saying is that there is no point of comparison when we know that at the time of Jordan the league was more defensive much more physical and strong than it is now, Lebron James is in good time but I do not think he will do the same if he were in Air Jordan times

Lebron James and Crack and from another planet, plus I think Michael Jordan best player, Michael Jordan is the Pele type will be difficult to overcome them

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope to rise again Lakers in the old days, during the street from Bryant Kobe .. unquestionably classy basketball.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you compare them when league has changed so much.
Ps. Bill Russell is goat

Sliva603ynwa

Sliva603ynwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it from opera who is cooler than John Rambo or terminator? The correct answer is: everyone is cool in his own way.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lebron James is an awesome player , no discussion about that , one of the best .

But who is the best player of all time , I firmly believe it's Michael Jordan , his unique style and achievements are to be remembered for ever . I admired him when I was a kid or a teen , he was my sports idol , I still believe he is one of the kind . Michael Respect for ever :)

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lebron James is an awesome player , no discussion about that , one of the best .

But who is the best player of all time , I firmly believe it's Michael Jordan , his unique style and achievements are to be remembered for ever . I admired him when I was a kid or a teen , he was my sports idol , I still believe he is one of the kind . Michael Respect for ever :)

Well said it, I feel the same like you. MJ is my idol and always will be

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different players and different generations. No comparison can be fairly made. Lebron is a beast for sure but you can't deny that Jordan dominated the NBA.

The game is different today than it was in late 80's and 90's. Just like football is different now than it was then.

I would pick MJ just because I grew up watching him and am biased. :rolleyes: