Joe Burrow most NFL ready

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who said he doesnt? I didn't say he didnt, I compared it to a healthy tua. I suppose just about every draft expert is wrong too right?

As for the comparison, who can you compare him to that was somewhat recently drafted? Goff? He is on a loaded team, which he can't win with ironically, so it's not a fair comparison. Darnold has that same skill set minus some athleticism, and is on a comparable team to the bengals.

I already said I watched every snap he had. I was 195-81 in ncaaf betting games this year, and every play was documented here in the ncaaf thread. If you're unaware of sports betting, 4 percent of "professional" sports bettors hit 56 percent in a season. 0.1 percent hit 66 percent. I hit over 70 percent with a large volume of bets. I know football, it's my job, I study it. As I said not being holier than thou, but I doubt you have put a percent of the time I have into it. I'm documented at 159-71 in the Nfl. That's 69 percent and change, so it's not like I don't know how players translate.

Auto correct changes words to things said more often. I've definitely typed William burrows more times than Joe burrow... like that has any meaning here. You come off like a kid.

Neither of you have added anything of substance here besides saying nuh huh. If you feel a way, explain it. It's not difficult and wouldn't make you come off like a douche calling names and what not.

Darnold was a 2 read college QB stop making this laughable comparison, Darnold is also not near the athlete Burrow is ...

The irony of you saying we have added nothing while repeating the same laughable crap over and over is honestly peak hilarity ...

Thanks for the lols for the night

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tua is way more accurate, and I don't see a difference in their arm. Tua simply has a touch that's not been seen perhaps ever in college.

Who said he doesnt? I didn't say he didnt, I compared it to a healthy tua. I suppose just about every draft expert is wrong too right?
Apparently I don't know talent when I see it or how to read anymore. I do believe I also already gave you my stats and numbers but you will probably say something along the lines of it's not just about stats and numbers after yourself saying you have logged all those snaps blah blah and your bets are at 70% so what? You want to call us childish? Nuh huh we aren't the ones sitting here patting ourselves on the back to make our argument.

Ohh and a LOADED TEAM? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong I know this doesn't have a lot to do with accuracy and touch other than timing with those teammates but Tua doesn't get a little help from his teammates?

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not a big fan of reading huh? Do you undrstand what a skill set is? Also, I said he wasn't as athletic. Burrow could be the Messiah or a bust. Neither of us know. You can only look at skill set, and make a educated guess on how that will translate to the pros. Given that he likely will be behind the ball on a bad team with green maybe not even being there, or not being the green of old, his confidence is most likely going to take a beating. Is his skill set so high he can overcome that? Goff is on a team saturated with talent, and he can't get it done. Darnold is on a mediocre team at best, and hasn't gotten it done but they did look good in the latter half of the year. Pick either one of those qbs to compare, who have his skill set, and was touted as highly. Goff got to at sb, but he is on at all pro team, who collapsed this year, and Darnold has done next to nothing. That's the spectrum on both sides at in the talent around them. I'd definitely say burrow is more Goff like than he is to Darnold but the talent discrepancy burrow will have around him doesn't make for a fair comparison.
Darnold was a 2 read college QB stop making this laughable comparison, Darnold is also not near the athlete Burrow is ...

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently I don't know talent when I see it or how to read anymore. I do believe I also already gave you my stats and numbers but you will probably say something along the lines of it's not just about stats and numbers after yourself saying you have logged all those snaps blah blah and your bets are at 70% so what? You want to call us childish? Nuh huh we aren't the ones sitting here patting ourselves on the back to make our argument.

Ohh and a LOADED TEAM? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong I know this doesn't have a lot to do with accuracy and touch but Tua doesn't get a little help from his teammates?

Tua literally playing with 3 guys who will be first round pick WRs in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith and a 4th guy in Waddle who is a first round grade but only a frosh. That doesn't count, only Burrow's teamates count looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not a big fan of reading huh? Do you undrstand what a skill set is? Also, I said he wasn't as athletic. Burrow could be the Messiah or a bust. Neither of us know. You can only look at skill set, and make a educated guess on how that will translate to the pros. Given that he likely will be behind the ball on a bad team with green maybe not even being there, or not being the green of old, his confidence is most likely going to take a beating. Is his skill set so high he can overcome that? Goff is on a team saturated with talent, and he can't get it done. Darnold is on a mediocre team at best, and hasn't gotten it done but they did look good in the latter half of the year. Pick either one of those qbs to compare, who have his skill set, and was touted as highly. Goff got to at sb, but he is on at all pro team, who collapsed this year, and Darnold has done next to nothing. That's the spectrum on both sides at in the talent around them. I'd definitely say burrow is more Goff like than he is to Darnold but the talent discrepancy burrow will have around him doesn't make for a fair comparison.

Do you realize that ability to process is part of the SKILL SET ? Dude you are so laughably bad at this lol

Goff literally played in the SB last year loooooooooooool

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not patting myself on the back, it's valid information that shows I'm not speaking as just a casual fan.

Loaded team is in reference to where he was... a loaded lsu team.. to where he is going... a terrible terrible staffed team. Wasn't a reference to him and tua.

You seem to ignore that I'm saying he is talented. You're taking me saying his touch or arm (which every draft expert agrees with) isn't on a healthy tuas level as if I'm saying it's not good at all. Burrow is a top 3 qb prospect of the last 5 years.

Ohh and a LOADED TEAM? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong I know this doesn't have a lot to do with accuracy and touch other than timing with those teammates but Tua doesn't get a little help from his teammates?

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When did this become the argument and what was being talked about? We are talking about Joe Burrow being the most NFL ready QB in this class of QBs. You are straying away from what we are talking about. Not if he will be successful behind the team but if he is the most NFL ready QB. I have said a couple of things about his success base on some of your comparisons but this is not what the thread is about.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill set is physical, football iq is the mental. They are broken down I to separate categories at the combine... I wonder why...

You clearly aren't reading what I say past a line or two or I'll quit replying to you if you're not going to.
Do you realize that ability to process is part of the SKILL SET ? Dude you are so laughably bad at this lol

Goff literally played in the SB last year loooooooooooool

Last edited:
JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill set is physical, football is is the mental. They are broken down I to separate categories at the combine... I wonder why...

You clearly aren't reading what I say past a line or two or I'll quit replying to you if you're not going to.

No they are not ... you are so wrong about so much stuff lol

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you read further up, I'm not who detracted from the topic originally...

If he is the most ready or not depends on factors we don't have yet. One of which is tuas health, which in my opinion won't be what it was but you never know. He was never expected to play again after that hip exploded, and now suddenly he is fit enough to go top 5. Which he isnt, but his potential is that high.... because... if he is indeed healthy, he is the most ready QB for the nfl, and not just for this year. I've already stated I'd take burrow as a QB first, and I'd take chase young as the best nfl prospect overall.
When did this become the argument and what was being talked about? We are talking about Joe Burrow being the most NFL ready QB in this class of QBs. You are straying away from what we are talking about. Not if he will be successful behind the team but if he is the most NFL ready QB. I have said a couple of things about his success base on some of your comparisons but this is not what the thread is about.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point and great insight... why bother even replying with something like this?

They do indeed, they literally have days called for each...
No they are not ... you are so wrong about so much stuff lol

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look I want to watch or read something on all these guys saying Tua is better than Burrow because everyone I am seeing is saying the opposite. Find me something to read or watch towards the end of this college football season with one of these top experts and I'll give you your credit but the only thing I have seen saying Tua was a better QB comes from half way through the season. Finebaum is a Burrow guy, who are the Tua guys and give me something to read or watch not just most of the experts.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youre on the aspect of it being how Tua is perceived to be due to the injury. Just Google up on comparisons based on how healthy Tua is expected to be, or just Google recent expectations on tua. They will give you the potential, and the likely (if injury never allows 100 percent). Watch any college shows on ESPN on the weekends. There is a wealth of opinions on insights. If you heard them say different than your opinion would you change yours? If you would, that kind of sucks. That's the beauty of opinions you can believe in things true or not based just on your own views. Nothing wrong with discussion.
Look I want to watch or read something on all these guys saying Tua is better than Burrow because everyone I am seeing is saying the opposite. Find me something to read or watch towards the end of this college football season with one of these top experts and I'll give you your credit but the only thing I have seen saying Tua was a better QB comes from half way through the season. Finebaum is a Burrow guy, who are the Tua guys and give me something to read or watch not just most of the experts.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

+1 most the experts that I see that were actual NFL scouts, have Burrow ahead of Tua

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ohh and they are talking about the skill sets and being a better QB and not just because of injury, wanted to make sure I added that.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe Burrow is a cinderella story for sure

3rd string QB at OSU to starting QB at LSU

take the team to win the national championship

definitely #1 overall pick in the NFL draft

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm... of course they are including injury to it. You have to. That's why I have burrow ahead of him myself.

You can find whatever you're looking for. You can say his stats were better (even injured last year, Tua rated 7 above burrow) without looking that he had like 200 more attempts to get them. Alabama doesn't run up scores. Lsu this last year was much more like osu as in they ran it up and left starters in way longer regardless of score. Yeah his starts are impressive, but he rated 200. Tua rated 207 as a injured qb, who was injured further multiple times.

As I said further above, I think that Tua has a rg3 career, which sucks for fans because he was beyond special. Keep in mind burrows was a average qb last year, but he got new tools to help him out. Tua was amazing from the jump, natural.

You think burrow has better talent than a healthy tua. Cool. The way you're going about it isn't so cool though, though your last replys aren't so bad. The other guy just comes off rather immature and deflecting. Fact is is that Tua is projected as a top 5 after having a injury that took out arguably the best athlete the NFL ever saw. That should hold weight to your opinion.
Ohh and they are talking about the skill sets and being a better QB and not just because of injury, wanted to make sure I added that.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look it feels like at this point you think JJP and I have no clue about football or qbs at all and we are some kind of mental midgets and we somehow don't understand that Tua was injured this year and that injuries effect play. We are not on that and that's what you aren't getting. I have googled what you asked and I am still not seeing it. I am not looking up or looking for anything with any type of Bias just searching Burrow vs Tua. All I ask is that you actually find me something saying Tua is better than Burrow of someone of halfway decent reputation. A few of the articles talk about how he had a better winning percentage than Burrow but anything that you look for comparing Burrow to Tua as far a QB talent is concerned has Burrow in front. Look I don't know what you know exactly about football and I am sure you are good at whatever sports related job you have but here is what I know: Burrow sat the bench for three years before going to LSU, and came into a new system, yes the playbook was built for Burrow but that is not the same as having the same names for plays, checks, reads, ect, not to mention most of the receivers Burrow had to throw to last year were not great and believe it or not that plays a huge role in his performance. Which once again also goes back to Tua and his excellent numbers. My original point was about your statement to the comment on Tua being way more accurate and having better touch specifically touch perhaps unseen in college football and I am just trying to point that with the receiving corp that he had in that first year and the receiving corp that Burrow had across the two years you are using as a comparison to Tua there is no way you can say "Tua is way more accurate." JJP and I know that you are not saying that Joe doesn't have touch or he is not talented but your arrogance comes through in the words you use and what you say on here whether you mean them to or not. Touch is hitting receivers in stride, throwing the ball over defenders to receivers, throwing the ball out in front of receivers before they are even open, and putting the ball where only the receiver can catch it. According to several experts I've watched and articles I've read nobody is better in those regards than Burrow. Ohh and by the way before you say something about looking all this up I won't be too vague about my job. Its not elite level, college, pro, or some high paid analyst, I am not an expert or anything but I am a teacher and a high school football coach so I do know a little. Not trying to be an ass just saying I am just trying to point out that I am not just a casual fan either that I have an understanding of this game.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This detailed in a hurry Ha. I stand by what I said. If Tua was in any way shape or form lightyears ahead of Burrow , Tua even with injury would be picked #1 overall. When you're literally Banking on an NFL franchise QB teams throw out moat injury data an go by sheer stats and performance overall. Burrow is the better option , even over a "healthy" Tua I'd still take Burrow. Not saying Tua would be a bust or is a shitty QB , Tua however is not better IMO than burrow. Burrow to the Bungles and yes that's a "u" is pretty lethal. Line or No line burrow has made some pretty lethal throws under pressure. Plus he will be locking down with Joe Mixon who has had a pretty decent career under a shitty bungles line. I actually see Green staying if and when the bungles take Burrow , and that trio (if green is healthy of course) will be an entertaining watch

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's fair. Someone with the Bo Jackson injury being taken top 5 kind of says it all though. Burrow is the hot topic at the moment so I get it.

Not sure on green though. You think he is loyal to cincy, or is a win first guy over the money? Having a long stay away from injury, when people come back and perform they tend to ship out quick. As with tua though, who says green will even be himself. Will have to sit back and see. He won't have the release he had though regardless, and that was the key to the lsu recieving core. That td to chase in the corner in the championship, he released 3 yards with 1 step on Clemsons top db.... that's crazy. I'm curious to see how burrow does without that much of a advantage to throw to. They should probably keep him away from dalton... that's some tutoring he would be better off without.
This detailed in a hurry Ha. I stand by what I said. If Tua was in any way shape or form lightyears ahead of Burrow , Tua even with injury would be picked #1 overall. When you're literally Banking on an NFL franchise QB teams throw out moat injury data an go by sheer stats and performance overall. Burrow is the better option , even over a "healthy" Tua I'd still take Burrow. Not saying Tua would be a bust or is a shitty QB , Tua however is not better IMO than burrow. Burrow to the Bungles and yes that's a "u" is pretty lethal. Line or No line burrow has made some pretty lethal throws under pressure. Plus he will be locking down with Joe Mixon who has had a pretty decent career under a shitty bungles line. I actually see Green staying if and when the bungles take Burrow , and that trio (if green is healthy of course) will be an entertaining watch

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um... wasn't it you or him that said someone must not know anything about football repetitively? You sound like a whiny marshmallow teen doing something, then blaming others for the exact thing.

Go look on nfl.com latest mock draft. It says right there that burrows doesn't have elite arm strength, yet both of you are saying he has this cannon. Go look at yac. You can look at a million things man. You like burrow. Cool.

Burrow didn't sit 3 years... and he played all last year, as a average qb. He didn't get better by the week either which would imply he had a slow start due to learning a system if he did improve week to week. They got a kick ass oc trio who let those wrs shine and burrow to sling it to them. And it paid off, and one of those already got a new job. Think like lane did at Alabama with hurts.

It's nothing to do with arrogance. I didn't say I'm god or anything, or mention my job until you 2 started being immature and saying I don't know anything because my opinion differs from yours. I brought my experience up for the same reason you brought yours up. The difference is I respect your opinion about it though my own differs. I mean come on you two were so immature you were talking about spelling and such...

We differ on who we think has better talent at 100 percent, yet you say before he got a major major injury people did say it. That was like 3 games ago or so. You think those 3 games were a deal maker for burrow? With the injury to Tua, burrow would have gone first to the Bengals even if he went .500 and lost in the conference championship. The injury to Tua is why he is going 1st. It's not even a debate. Though I understand you feel differently on it, that's what it is. Burrow should go first. He is pretty accurate, has good touch, can make plays on the run, has good size and isn't injury prone. He is a quality qb and a great prospect for the bengals. Tua is a lotto ticket. I think it takes balls for Miami to take him 5th if indeed they do. Chase would go first if it were a team that didn't need a particular thing heavily like the Bengals do. We differ, I'm fine with that, you two were just a bit childish about it, more so the other guy.
Look it feels like at this point you think JJP and I have no clue about football or qbs at all and we are some kind of mental midgets and we somehow don't understand that Tua was injured this year and that injuries effect play. We are not on that and that's what you aren't getting. I have googled what you asked and I am still not seeing it. I am not looking up or looking for anything with any type of Bias just searching Burrow vs Tua. All I ask is that you actually find me something saying Tua is better than Burrow of someone of halfway decent reputation. A few of the articles talk about how he had a better winning percentage than Burrow but anything that you look for comparing Burrow to Tua as far a QB talent is concerned has Burrow in front. Look I don't know what you know exactly about football and I am sure you are good at whatever sports related job you have but here is what I know: Burrow sat the bench for three years before going to LSU, and came into a new system, yes the playbook was built for Burrow but that is not the same as having the same names for plays, checks, reads, ect, not to mention most of the receivers Burrow had to throw to last year were not great and believe it or not that plays a huge role in his performance. Which once again also goes back to Tua and his excellent numbers. My original point was about your statement to the comment on Tua being way more accurate and having better touch specifically touch perhaps unseen in college football and I am just trying to point that with the receiving corp that he had in that first year and the receiving corp that Burrow had across the two years you are using as a comparison to Tua there is no way you can say "Tua is way more accurate." JJP and I know that you are not saying that Joe doesn't have touch or he is not talented but your arrogance comes through in the words you use and what you say on here whether you mean them to or not. Touch is hitting receivers in stride, throwing the ball over defenders to receivers, throwing the ball out in front of receivers before they are even open, and putting the ball where only the receiver can catch it. According to several experts I've watched and articles I've read nobody is better in those regards than Burrow. Ohh and by the way before you say something about looking all this up I won't be too vague about my job. Its not elite level, college, pro, or some high paid analyst, I am not an expert or anything but I am a teacher and a high school football coach so I do know a little. Not trying to be an ass just saying I am just trying to point out that I am not just a casual fan either that I have an understanding of this game.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever man, you are putting words in my text that I am not even saying. I never said anything about arm strength and I am pretty sure being red shirted plus being a backup at Ohio State for the next two years makes a total of 3. Burrows receivers last year had a bunch of drops and a hard time getting open is the point I am trying to make. Should he have improved a little more than he did based on the numbers throughout the course of last year, yeah I’ll give you that one. My argument was never about arm strength just accuracy and touch and that you cannot say based on this year that there is a huge gap like you are making it out to be in those two things. You’re not going to change your mind and I respect that, but calling us childish is a bit ridiculous with all your name calling.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say you're acting a way after this and it's "all your name calling"???? I will say, and did say you were the more mature of the 2, and perhaps I shouldnt lump you both together as I did but honestly it would have taken 8 moons to reply to both of you over and over. My apologies on that, but you both were indeed the ones saying I didn't know anything which started this whole aggressive bs.

Yeah he had a red shirt, the way you seemed to imply it was that he was a back up sitting get there for 3. Misunderstanding there.

The point about that is he had a whole year at lsu, and did nothing, then a stud oc from the saints came there and everything changed. He has 5 NFL people to throw to, the wr, the tight end (freaking randy moss' son of all people) and that ridiculously under rated hb. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he is a product of what was around him, aND around third of his stats came when most other teams would have been sitting starters. I'm not saying he is good, I'm saying he is getting too much credit. His arm is ok, his touch is good, his awareness is above average, his football iq is hard to determine due to the parts around him, and that killer oc trio setting him up for success. His athleticism is above average for a qb, but I'm not sure if he could be a dual threat in the nfl (I kind of see it like rodgers, which isn't bad). He is going to a team that does have offensive weapons, more so if everything is good with green, so if he is truly great we should be able to see it this year, but if he stumbles are you going to make excuses for it? He should go first given Bengals need a qb. Agreed. He is a great prospect. Agreed. Name me a 1 hot season college qb who has made it in the NFL the player who is considered by most to be the best college qb ever couldn't even make it in the nfl. There is a difference and people are overlooking that are lot of what made burrow so good to the eye is the scheme and ridiculous receiving talent from everyone on the field who is eligible to catch. No other team had that, no other team had a trio of oc's like that, and very few were aloud to be on the field that long in games they are up 4+ scores in. In tuas healthy year, he rarely saw more than a possession in second halves in games like that. He could have had 40 percent more stats put up, but that's not how Saban does things. What I'm saying is you can't go off the stats (tebow proves that), not purely. As I said above, Tua had a 200 in 18, while barely touching second halfs. Burrow had a 200 this year. While injured Tua had a 207 this year. In my opinion if Tua was in that same system, he would hwve put up more. Lsu would pass 20 times in a row at points, whIle being g up 30... Tua had perhaps the best touch ever in college. He has elite arm strength, his td to pick ratio shows he makes smart choices, he was athletic, but was smart about when to run. He was as good as you can get at throwing on the run. Had the best long ball maybe ever in college. Etc... he was better than burrow, and likely never will be again, but until the combine, we won't have a clue how any of these players can really be. You don't think Tua had any of those things on burrow level, which is strange to me, but cool. We disagree. I hope he is a great nfl qb.
Whatever man, you are putting words in my text that I am not even saying. I never said anything about arm strength and I am pretty sure being red shirted plus being a backup at Ohio State for the next two years makes a total of 3. Burrows receivers last year had a bunch of drops and a hard time getting open is the point I am trying to make. Should he have improved a little more than he did based on the numbers throughout the course of last year, yeah I’ll give you that one. My argument was never about arm strength just accuracy and touch and that you cannot say based on this year that there is a huge gap like you are making it out to be in those two things. You’re not going to change your mind and I respect that, but calling us childish is a bit ridiculous with all your name calling.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say you're acting a way after this and it's "all your name calling"???? I will say, and did say you were the more mature of the 2, and perhaps I shouldnt lump you both together as I did but honestly it would have taken 8 moons to reply to both of you over and over. My apologies on that, but you both were indeed the ones saying I didn't know anything which started this whole aggressive bs.

Yeah he had a red shirt, the way you seemed to imply it was that he was a back up sitting get there for 3. Misunderstanding there.

The point about that is he had a whole year at lsu, and did nothing, then a stud oc from the saints came there and everything changed. He has 5 NFL people to throw to, the wr, the tight end (freaking randy moss' son of all people) and that ridiculously under rated hb. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he is a product of what was around him, aND around third of his stats came when most other teams would have been sitting starters. I'm not saying he is good, I'm saying he is getting too much credit. His arm is ok, his touch is good, his awareness is above average, his football iq is hard to determine due to the parts around him, and that killer oc trio setting him up for success. His athleticism is above average for a qb, but I'm not sure if he could be a dual threat in the nfl (I kind of see it like rodgers, which isn't bad). He is going to a team that does have offensive weapons, more so if everything is good with green, so if he is truly great we should be able to see it this year, but if he stumbles are you going to make excuses for it? He should go first given Bengals need a qb. Agreed. He is a great prospect. Agreed. Name me a 1 hot season college qb who has made it in the NFL the player who is considered by most to be the best college qb ever couldn't even make it in the nfl. There is a difference and people are overlooking that are lot of what made burrow so good to the eye is the scheme and ridiculous receiving talent from everyone on the field who is eligible to catch. No other team had that, no other team had a trio of oc's like that, and very few were aloud to be on the field that long in games they are up 4+ scores in. In tuas healthy year, he rarely saw more than a possession in second halves in games like that. He could have had 40 percent more stats put up, but that's not how Saban does things. What I'm saying is you can't go off the stats (tebow proves that), not purely. As I said above, Tua had a 200 in 18, while barely touching second halfs. Burrow had a 200 this year. While injured Tua had a 207 this year. In my opinion if Tua was in that same system, he would hwve put up more. Lsu would pass 20 times in a row at points, whIle being g up 30... Tua had perhaps the best touch ever in college. He has elite arm strength, his td to pick ratio shows he makes smart choices, he was athletic, but was smart about when to run. He was as good as you can get at throwing on the run. Had the best long ball maybe ever in college. Etc... he was better than burrow, and likely never will be again, but until the combine, we won't have a clue how any of these players can really be. You don't think Tua had any of those things on burrow level, which is strange to me, but cool. We disagree. I hope he is a great nfl qb.
Thank you, this is more along the lines of what I was asking for. What JJP and I are also trying to point out to you though is that yes, could Tua's stats have been better last year absolutely if left in games but does your argument for why Burrow to you is not as good as some people think also not apply to Tua? When has he had a terrible receiving corp or running back? We are in agreement with you if you go back and look that Tua has a better arm. To me the touch and accuracy of the two are simply tit for tat. You were also stating earlier that the experts were saying that a healthy Tua is without question better. What JJP and I were trying to point out was that that is no longer the case in the eyes of what most experts were saying, does Tua have a better arm? No doubt. Is Tua a hell of a lot more consistent? Hell yeah. Normally two things that scouts salivate over especially with the level at which Tua is displaying that consistency. Man I get it, NFL teams don't like taking chances on guys with one good season but this is no ordinary one good season and I know you get that too. My only arguments were about accuracy and touch until you threw in the thing about experts which I am just trying to point out you cannot find anymore. I am one of those people who watches ESPN, Sports Center, College Gameday, and Sunday NFL Countdown like its religion and it sounds like you probably do to. I was admittedly frustrated and didn't do a great job in just trying to point out that from those shows I hadn't heard or seen what you were saying since halfway through the college football season. I thought I had said something along the lines of halfway through the season but couldn't go back and find it. The comparisons I was seeing where most of the experts still had Tua in front came before the LSU Bama game which if you include that game Joe still had 7 more games to show off (and yes I realize that's when Tua was coming back off an injury). My point earlier about the three games was supposed to be how those games were on a national scale more heavily watched and you could see that he is an extraordinary talent. Since the National Championship though you have been seeing comparisons between a healthy Tua and Joe, not just the season but overall ability. Like you have pointed out several times alot of the throwing the football side of things goes to Tua, but not all. Now what I believe JJP was trying to point out is that the scouts believe that Joe has some things that he does better than Tua which for whatever reason includes going through his progressions, leading receivers, and pre and post snap reads. Now I can definitely see an argument for Tua being better and that not being a problem for him at all, especially the reads, hell it's echoed by you earlier talking about his interceptions.

I think all this trying to guess how great a quarterback will be in the NFL stuff is really just a waste of time anyway. If that floats your boat have fun with it but I don't think anyone ever really projected Tebow as being a great NFL QB but nobody thought Prescott would be worth a crap and he may not be the best QB in the league but I don't think anyone thought he would come close to what he's done either being drafted 135th overall. Then there's the man that is being considered one of the best, if not the best, NFL QB of all time who was drafted 199th overall, Mr Tom Brady.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think burrow changed anyone's mind at that point, Tua just lost spot light, and it went to burrow. And it should have gone to him at that point for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with him only. Do you ever hear anyone say that burrow could be the greatest college qb of all time? No, they say he had one of the best seasons of all time. That's not what they said of tua. You can go back and look at a million things on that. Look at it like a race where you have 2 people head and shoulders above the rest, but 1 of the 2 is over the other comfortably. You don't hear anything about the second unless the first one crashes, which is what happened. I feel burrow was largely a product of the surroundings. That doesn't mean I think he is a fraud or a bum, I just think the praise is overlooking a ton of factors.

It's for sure a mute point for any opinion right now as you said. A lot of things happen at the combine. This is probably the most excited I've been in a while for the next NFL season. With all these crazy prospects (mostly defensive) and the changing of powers. Should be a entertaining year.