Joe Burrow most NFL ready

P

PapesOnlyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe Burrow is the most NFL ready quarter back with the most talent..... change my mind

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has ridiculous talent he is throwing to that don't get hyped as much as him. A healthy Tua is the best pro prospect in a long long time. I don't think he will ever be fully healthy though. We've not seen burrows deal with adversity yet, which he will no doubt have next year on a bad NFL team. If I were the first team to take a qb in the draft, I'd take burrows because of tuas health, and him being prone to injury. Both are studs, and both are really the best pure passers college have seen in a long time. Shame we couldnt have seen them both healthy against each other.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Burrow is better than Tua. Now both are in really good systems. So it will be something to watch if burrow can pass in bengals lackluster Oline situation. Tua is a risk now that he keeps eating bench time. Burrows throws are more accurate than Tuas and he has a better arm.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tua is way more accurate, and I don't see a difference in their arm. Tua simply has a touch that's not been seen perhaps ever in college. Maybe you've looked too much at his games he was injured on. The plus for burrow, and it's a huge plus at this point, is that he isn't injury prone like Tua has become. Burrow is a top talent and the real deal, but Tua was a generational talent, perhaps even more than that before his lower body turned to glass. I'd take burrows over tua, but if tua fell in my lap and I needed a qb in a few years, I'd take the chance on him and rehabilitate him past when I thought he was 100 percent. I've watched every snap both of them have taken in college. People know tua is more than just special, and he will have his shot, but I don't think he can recover to what he was. That's some serious injuries for a qb to have. Time will tell, but let's say he does get to 100 percent, and avoids major injuires thereafter, he will be a all time great. Burrows will just be a top 5 guy in the leauge if he reaches his potential.

Who does tua remind you of? A more accurate, better touch Steve young. Who does burrows remind you of? Darnold(scary how close, they even resemble each other)
Burrow is better than Tua. Now both are in really good systems. So it will be something to watch if burrow can pass in bengals lackluster Oline situation. Tua is a risk now that he keeps eating bench time. Burrows throws are more accurate than Tuas and he has a better arm.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tua is way more accurate, and I don't see a difference in their arm. Tua simply has a touch that's not been seen perhaps ever in college. Maybe you've looked too much at his games he was injured on.
Don't know where you are getting this form, last year yes but this year no. Once you take into account that Joe also had a very short time to get the playbook down and work with and get to know his teammates last year I think that is excusable. Tua this year was at 71% completion rate (180 for 252: 33 TDs) while Burrow finished the year at an incredible 76% completion rate (402 for 527: 60 TDs). Burrow was intercepted 6 times and Tua was only intercepted 3 times but when you also look at the fact that Burrow threw over twice as many passes Burrow has the better percentage for that also. There is a reason he won Heisman it's because with that many passes he put the team on his back and had one of the best years, perhaps the best year, in college football history. Did injury play a part in Tua's season/stats, absolutely but more accurate/better touch? Don't know about that one.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has all the conditions but the NFL is very difficult, there are plenty of examples where players especially quarterbacks who were a star in college football and failed in the NFL, example: Robert Griffin III (for injuries could not with the NFL game) Andrew Luck (another who had a good couple of years, injuries also took him out of the NFL), Johnny Manziel and the list goes on. Burrow has all the conditions but until I see him a convincing campaign with the Cincinnati Bengals who must be the one to select him in the Draft nobody can assure that he is ready for the NFL

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tua has been hurt for a year, on his plant leg... I don't figure I need to go into more depth in what that means. He shouldn't have even played the end of last year, nor should he have played this year in the lsu game after having a surgery that serious just weeks prior. You basically said what I did, when healthy Tua is better... I'm really surprised Saban let him play in those spots.

As for burrows having to learn a playbook, that oc revolved it around burrows. He didn't have to learn anything outside of typical study all players have. I'm not saying burrows isn't good. He is one of the best prospects in recent years, but he will likely have a darnold like career. They literally have the same skill set except burrows is a better runner. You don't find it strange how experts say Tua was one of the best college players ever, when he really only had a little less than a year of healthy play? It's because he is a generational talent and it is obvious, on a totally different level than the college elite. Burrows never gets talked about like that, they instead say he had one of the best years ever. Guess who else did, tebow, and a long line of players who sucked in the nfl. Burrows should go number 2, or 1 if someone trades up to secure him. Chase young should go 1. Is he going to be great? I think he could be a quality qb but he will probably be just another darnold. Tua probably never recovers fully and will be nagged with injuries and have a career like rg3 unfortunately. If you're talking talent though, from them both 100 percent healthy, it's Tua hands down, though as I said I doubt he ever even sees 80 percent again.
Don't know where you are getting this form, last year yes but this year no. Once you take into account that Joe also had a very short time to get the playbook down and work with and get to know his teammates last year I think that is excusable. Tua this year was at 71% completion rate (180 for 252: 33 TDs) while Burrow finished the year at an incredible 76% completion rate (402 for 527: 60 TDs). Burrow was intercepted 6 times and Tua was only intercepted 3 times but when you also look at the fact that Burrow threw over twice as many passes Burrow has the better percentage for that also. There is a reason he won Heisman it's because with that many passes he put the team on his back and had one of the best years, perhaps the best year, in college football history. Did injury play a part in Tua's season/stats, absolutely but more accurate/better touch? Don't know about that one.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not changing your mind, I agree. If he's not the #1 pick then the gm should be fired.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tua has been hurt for a year, on his plant leg... I don't figure I need to go into more depth in what that means. He shouldn't have even played the end of last year, nor should he have played this year in the lsu game after having a surgery that serious just weeks prior. You basically said what I did, when healthy Tua is better... I'm really surprised Saban let him play in those spots.

As for burrows having to learn a playbook, that oc revolved it around burrows. He didn't have to learn anything outside of typical study all players have. I'm not saying burrows isn't good. He is one of the best prospects in recent years, but he will likely have a darnold like career. They literally have the same skill set except burrows is a better runner. You don't find it strange how experts say Tua was one of the best college players ever, when he really only had a little less than a year of healthy play? It's because he is a generational talent and it is obvious, on a totally different level than the college elite. Burrows never gets talked about like that, they instead say he had one of the best years ever. Guess who else did, tebow, and a long line of players who sucked in the nfl. Burrows should go number 2, or 1 if someone trades up to secure him. Chase young should go 1. Is he going to be great? I think he could be a quality qb but he will probably be just another darnold. Tua probably never recovers fully and will be nagged with injuries and have a career like rg3 unfortunately. If you're talking talent though, from them both 100 percent healthy, it's Tua hands down, though as I said I doubt he ever even sees 80 percent again.
Look I am not trying to get in any kind of argument here but we will have to agree to disagree I guess and I definitely didn't say when healthy Tua is better. I am just simply trying to point out I don't understand an argument for way more accurate than 76%. I have watched both quarterbacks and I am simply trying to say I don't think there is much of a gap between the two QBs at all.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Burrow is the most NFL ready mentally 100%, the LSU system is by far one of the most NFL like and Burrow was going thru 4 + reads on some plays. Burrow does have a slight lack of arm strength that could bite him here or there in the NFL but he is the most NFL ready. He will be the #1 pick

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QB

Have to agree with you that is should be the #1 pick and the best QB available in the upcoming draft. Looks like he will remain being a tiger since if I am correct Cinn has the 1st overall pick.

Cheers :cheers:

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NFL is a way different league. A success in College does not garantee the same as PRO. It open doors and great oportunities but lets see and wait to became real.
Tom Brady wasn´t that big on College and look how he became the best QB of all times on NFL.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a forum, which is for discussion. If discussion means argument to you you might want to reevaluate which threads to use. It's just discussion man.

You can have 50 percent completion and be more accurate of a passer than a guy with 80 percent. The only thing in your control is throwing it where it needs to be. If it gets caught is on the receiver actually catching it, and them running the correct route ideally to be where they are supposed to be to catch it. Touch doesn't even have a stat. Tua has been injured over a year straight now, and had a catastrophic injury just months back now and is going to be drafted most likely in the top 5. Have you ever heard of a scenario like that? Why would someone draft someone like that? His ceiling is so high that people will risk it. It would be like drafting a running back who tore his acl completely and broke both legs 2 months ago in the top 10. You seem to be more concerned with just stats, and I can understand that. On paper you can compare them, but he has a higher tier ceiling. Would I gamble it if I were an NFL owner with potentially 100s of millions of dollars on the line? Probably not. Burrows is the safe pick to be the first qb selected. Chase young is the best player in the draft but the Bengals need to replace Dalton soon, so they have to go with burrows. As I said above burrows is a good prospect, but so was darnold. They have rhe same exact skill set, same throw motion, same release, and so on and so on. Burrows can be a quality qb in the nfl. That's it. How about this... if burrows had the same injury as tua, at the same time, where do you think he would be drafted?
Look I am not trying to get in any kind of argument here but we will have to agree to disagree I guess and I definitely didn't say when healthy Tua is better. I am just simply trying to point out I don't understand an argument for way more accurate than 76%. I have watched both quarterbacks and I am simply trying to say I don't think there is much of a gap between the two QBs at all.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a forum, which is for discussion. If discussion means argument to you you might want to reevaluate which threads to use. It's just discussion man.

You can have 50 percent completion and be more accurate of a passer than a guy with 80 percent. The only thing in your control is throwing it where it needs to be. If it gets caught is on the receiver actually catching it, and them running the correct route ideally to be where they are supposed to be to catch it. Touch doesn't even have a stat. Tua has been injured over a year straight now, and had a catastrophic injury just months back now and is going to be drafted most likely in the top 5. Have you ever heard of a scenario like that? Why would someone draft someone like that? His ceiling is so high that people will risk it. It would be like drafting a running back who tore his acl completely and broke both legs 2 months ago in the top 10. You seem to be more concerned with just stats, and I can understand that. On paper you can compare them, but he has a higher tier ceiling. Would I gamble it if I were an NFL owner with potentially 100s of millions of dollars on the line? Probably not. Burrows is the safe pick to be the first qb selected. Chase young is the best player in the draft but the Bengals need to replace Dalton soon, so they have to go with burrows. As I said above burrows is a good prospect, but so was darnold. They have rhe same exact skill set, same throw motion, same release, and so on and so on. Burrows can be a quality qb in the nfl. That's it. How about this... if burrows had the same injury as tua, at the same time, where do you think he would be drafted?

Darnold was not on Burrows level mentally in college. Darnold was not in a 4+ read designed offense. Bad comparison tbh

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big Bengals fan, who lives in Cincy. Myself and the whole town are pumped for Burrow to be on our team. Burrow was actually in town this weekend looking for houses, and he stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings. That pretty much says he knows he will be the #1 pick

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill set has nothing to do with that. Darnold also didn't have the level of receiving core burrows had. It's a valid comparison, a day will most likely be apparent in apparent year or 2.
Darnold was not on Burrows level mentally in college. Darnold was not in a 4+ read designed offense. Bad comparison tbh

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hope you have a great QB in the NFL. But all conditions were given to him at LSU. If you really go to the Cincinnati Bengals, you will have a very difficult first year in the NFL. (I really hope the first pick holder changes)

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly doubt they trade down. They will take burrows. The top 4-6 picks are close to a lock at this point. The only incentive to trade up is to get chase young, but given the Bengals have to have at qb, that move would be pointlees.
I really hope you have a great QB in the NFL. But all conditions were given to him at LSU. If you really go to the Cincinnati Bengals, you will have a very difficult first year in the NFL. (I really hope the first pick holder changes)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill set has nothing to do with that. Darnold also didn't have the level of receiving core burrows had. It's a valid comparison, a day will most likely be apparent in apparent year or 2.

It's not a valid comparison lol ... you clearly don't know much about football

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PS it's Burrow not Burrows genius ... lol

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize that I don't babysit my auto correct. You're opinion is fine, but I don't recall acting like a child toward you. I'm not a holier than thou type, but I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you. It's my job. It's fine to disagree, but keep it civil. What are your expectations for him this coming year?
PS it's Burrow not Burrows genius ... lol

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I apologize that I don't babysit my auto correct. You're opinion is fine, but I don't recall acting like a child toward you. I'm not a holier than thou type, but I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you. It's my job. It's fine to disagree, but keep it civil. What are your expectations for him this coming year?

It's pretty obv you do not ... lol

Auto correct doesn't correct Burrow to Burrows ... lol

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently you know more than everyone else though. Your arguments are laughable at best. Joe Burrow not having "near" the touch or accuracy that Tua has is still hilarious. Don't think you can lay the ball in much better than some of the throws in the last 3 games than Burrow did. It kinda looks like you have an opinion about Tua and haven't actually watched a lot of the games that Burrow played this year. You cannot have a year like Burrow had this year without extraordinary touch and accuracy. Whether or not he pans out in the NFL specifically this year will largely dependent on the Bengals and who they surround him with, more specifically on the offensive line.

Last edited:
JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently you know more than everyone else though. Your arguments are laughable at best. Joe Burrow not having "near" the touch or accuracy that Tua has is still hilarious. Don't think you can lay the ball in much better than some of the throws in the last 3 games than Burrow did. It kinda looks like you have an opinion about Tua and haven't actually watched a lot of the games that Burrow played this year.

+1 funny shit ITT

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who said he doesnt? I didn't say he didnt, I compared it to a healthy tua. I suppose just about every draft expert is wrong too right?

As for the comparison, who can you compare him to that was somewhat recently drafted? Goff? He is on a loaded team, which he can't win with ironically, so it's not a fair comparison. Darnold has that same skill set minus some athleticism, and is on a comparable team to the bengals.

I already said I watched every snap he had. I was 195-81 in ncaaf betting games this year, and every play was documented here in the ncaaf thread. If you're unaware of sports betting, 4 percent of "professional" sports bettors hit 56 percent in a season. 0.1 percent hit 66 percent. I hit over 70 percent with a large volume of bets. I know football, it's my job, I study it. As I said not being holier than thou, but I doubt you have put a percent of the time I have into it. I'm documented at 159-71 in the Nfl. That's 69 percent and change, so it's not like I don't know how players translate.

Auto correct changes words to things said more often. I've definitely typed William burrows more times than Joe burrow... like that has any meaning here. You come off like a kid.

Neither of you have added anything of substance here besides saying nuh huh. If you feel a way, explain it. It's not difficult and wouldn't make you come off like a douche calling names and what not.
Apparently you know more than everyone else though. Your arguments are laughable at best. Joe Burrow not having "near" the touch or accuracy that Tua has is still hilarious. Don't think you can lay the ball in much better than some of the throws in the last 3 games than Burrow did. It kinda looks like you have an opinion about Tua and haven't actually watched a lot of the games that Burrow played this year. You cannot have a year like Burrow had this year without extraordinary touch and accuracy. Whether or not he pans out in the NFL specifically this year will largely dependent on the Bengals and who they surround him with, more specifically on the offensive line.

Last edited: