Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Phil didn't even make the cut. Not sure what his problem is, he hasn't played well since The Masters. It remains to be seen if Tiger has his old game back - even if he does, the competition is stiffer than ever.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Phil didn't even make the cut. Not sure what his problem is, he hasn't played well since The Masters. It remains to be seen if Tiger has his old game back - even if he does, the competition is stiffer than ever.

Sorry couldn't resist:eek:

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger will hold on to the number one spot, and next year he will dominate, now that his divorce is final. He will have a clear head and extra time to practice.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, dawg. If Tiger wants to get his game back, he just needs to regrip his shaft and get his balls washed often.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, dawg. If Tiger wants to get his game back, he just needs to regrip his shaft and get his balls washed often.

Lol. And to quote Caddyshack..."I always wanted to be a golfer";)

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, the best golfer in the world right now is Dustin Johnson. How many times has he been in contention on Sunday this year? He's up to #12 in the world, with a bullet. Would be in the top ten easy except for the late penalty at Whistling Straits. You pit him against Tiger and right now and I bet he wins 7 or 8 out of 10 rounds. Still waiting for Tiger to justify his #1 ranking.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, the best golfer in the world right now is Dustin Johnson. How many times has he been in contention on Sunday this year? He's up to #12 in the world, with a bullet. Would be in the top ten easy except for the late penalty at Whistling Straits. You pit him against Tiger and right now and I bet he wins 7 or 8 out of 10 rounds. Still waiting for Tiger to justify his #1 ranking.

It takes a little more than being in contention. No offense to Dustin Johnson, but he did choke and blow a huge lead in the final round of a major this year. He has to finish, which he didn't.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes a little more than being in contention. No offense to Dustin Johnson, but he did choke and blow a huge lead in the final round of a major this year. He has to finish, which he didn't.

Golf isn't one of those sports where you go undefeated on the season. Not even Tiger Woods could, or ever did do that. When I say DJohnson is the best golfer in the world, I mean that he is the steadiest golfer in the current season. He has been in contention a lot this year. I don't count 3 or 4 seasons ago like the 'World Golf Rankings'. Woods is still #1 in the world according to that, despite not even being included in this year's Tour Championship, which was won by Jim Furyk.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mickelson has fallen to No.4, Woods remains at No.1. But it's a virtual logjam from 1-4. I'm looking forward to next year's majors like never before. We're sure to see a new number one next year, barring a renewal of Tiger Woods' golf game.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mickelson has fallen to No.4, Woods remains at No.1. But it's a virtual logjam from 1-4. I'm looking forward to next year's majors like never before. We're sure to see a new number one next year, barring a renewal of Tiger Woods' golf game.

Just think a whole year of no results and still on top. I would not worry about first all the rest are competing for second. Sad but brutally true.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought the Bleacher Report article hit the nail on the head. Finally, an honest assessment of golf's world ranking system. If you happen to like it, it's probably because you happen to like whomever is on top.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To date, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson only tread water, and the result is that the cream of the crop has passed them by. If they don't make a move soon, if they don't re-start the winning ways, they could be yesterday's news. But there is always the next major, and the two are hardly old yet.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Mickelson is back after winning the Shell Houston Open. This makes him the instant favorite in this week's Masters at Augusta, plus he made a leap up in the World Rankings, now at #3. He's finally put some distance between himself and Tiger Woods - but amazingly, Woods is still the bookmakers 2nd favorite if you want to take those odds. Would be great to see the two of them contending Sunday. As betting goes, you can get decent odds on other golfers now. Some of my picks to bet on at Augusta(due to decent odds): Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Padraig Harrington. http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/home/default.sps

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My picks for top 3 in contention on Sunday: Phil, Dustin and K.J

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yea, Masters Golf Will Be INTERESTING !

Wish we had a "pool" of some kind so we could bet on the Master's outcome. Anyone up to it? WINNER Charlie Sheen?

Course is wet and soft with all the rain.

My best, Wally

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because tiger is the best in the world

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lee Westwood skips The Heritage @ Hilton Head, but registers a win in Indonesia to retain World #1 (Tiger should take this angle too). Luke Donald came within a hair of winning in Hilton Head. Should be a great battle coming up for the top spot. Tiger sits out, remains in the top ten - maybe his best move yet. Mickelson also skipped Hilton Head. The Heritage is in trouble, and it doesn't help when the biggest names sit out or play in other tournaments.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All Westwood has to do now is win a major. At 38, time is running out for him.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lee Westwood to sit out 2011 TPC

All Westwood has to do now is win a major. At 38, time is running out for him.

Amazingly, he's sitting out of this week's TPC. He just won two tournaments in a row, and he's ranked #1 in the world. The TPC is actually not considered a 'major', but I say close enough.
Interesting and pertinent article here: http://www.linkslifegolf.com/2011/01/20/westwood-says-no-to-players-championship/
It's admirable for him to support the European Tour, but his presence will be missed at Sawgrass.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very sad about the loss of Seve. He was one of the greatest, most charismatic players of all time.

:cool: