Correct to remove Russia from international sport?

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think, is it fair to want to deprive Russian sports of the right to play at the World Cup and Russian clubs threaten to forget about European competition forever?

I think that sports should not be intertwined with politics, why should we suffer innocent citizens. why they want to deprive us of these emotions, I remember the doping scandal is all nonsense, even the last case with Kamila Valieva is simply awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a delicate and very unfair issue because most athletes only want to compete and demonstrate in their respective sports that they are the best and unfortunately the way to put pressure on this type of action is simply by placing sanctions on innocent athletes that in most cases do not follow the political current of their country and are the victim of a dirty and corrupt system that benefits from their achievements is totally unfortunate but that is how ruthless politics is :(

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with the banning of Russia from all international competitions and also with all sanctions imposed and that may come to be.

It is unacceptable to accept that a nation acts committing atrocities.

Any form of pressure to stop this is fair. And sport is not just a competition between athletes, politicians appropriate the passion of the people to win votes, to be well-regarded with other countries, to be well with public opinion...

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What do you think, is it fair to want to deprive Russian sports of the right to play at the World Cup and Russian clubs threaten to forget about European competition forever?
Is it fair that there are Russian tanks rolling across Ukraine, one filmed intentionally changing course to crush a civilian car with a civilian occupant?

How about the jets, helicopters, artillery and missiles?

Is it fair that they are in Ukraine?

What are your thoughts on the columns of Russian soldiers and armoured vehicles pouring into Ukraine?

Is that fair? :icon_scra

Oh, you want to talk about the disgusting tragedy of Russia losing the football world cup and not having their athletes welcome at international sporting events instead?

My word, you're right! That is an absolute disgrace!

How can we stop this terrible injustice immediately and allow Russian athletes back into competitions as soon as possible?! :eek:

/sarcasm

You're hilarious.

Are there many talented comedians in Russia?

Not seen much Russian stand-up comedy, looks like I've been missing out! :(

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Btw wasn't Yugoslavia kicked off from EUROS like 30 years ago for similar reasons :hmmmm2:
So yes it is more than enough fair specially as these actions are only temporary ones not forever like you said ...

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, it's not fair. But life itself isn't fair.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's meant to hurt,,, (get out of the Ukraine,,,)

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
kick the russians out period , not just a token flag but all athletes

european soccer competitions... no russian teams, the olympics, track + field meets , tennis tourneys, etc no russian individual competitors . dont let russian passport players into US for wsop either !

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a delicate and very unfair issue because most athletes only want to compete and demonstrate in their respective sports that they are the best and unfortunately the way to put pressure on this type of action is simply by placing sanctions on innocent athletes that in most cases do not follow the political current of their country and are the victim of a dirty and corrupt system that benefits from their achievements is totally unfortunate but that is how ruthless politics is :(
agree with you. it's just that there are people who believe that this is fair and equate our athletes with politicians.

I agree with the banning of Russia from all international competitions and also with all sanctions imposed and that may come to be.

It is unacceptable to accept that a nation acts committing atrocities.

Any form of pressure to stop this is fair. And sport is not just a competition between athletes, politicians appropriate the passion of the people to win votes, to be well-regarded with other countries, to be well with public opinion...
Why do you think we suffer ordinary people, what are we to blame for? We are just fans and what do we have to do with this?

Btw wasn't Yugoslavia kicked off from EUROS like 30 years ago for similar reasons :hmmmm2:
So yes it is more than enough fair specially as these actions are only temporary ones not forever like you said ...
why are you so angry with us? that’s not what innocent fans suffer from, politicians don’t care about sports, they have their own goals, and this only achieves the hatred of ordinary people

european soccer competitions... no russian teams, the olympics, track + field meets , tennis tourneys, etc no russian individual competitors . dont let russian passport players into US for WSOP either !
what do athletes have to do with it at all? why are you silent when the United States overturns regimes, bombs countries, hangs presidents, at least once punished the Americans somehow? they are the only ones in the world who have used nuclear weapons and still haven’t even apologized even once, do you think it’s fair?

I understand one thing, Russophobia is thriving in the world, you are zombified by propaganda, there is nothing human left. sport is sport, politics is politics, and it’s not how it should be dealt with. we are on the verge of a third world war, people come to their senses, be more humane compassion if and then the war will continue the end of the world think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
why are you so angry with us? that’s not what innocent fans suffer from, politicians don’t care about sports, they have their own goals, and this only achieves the hatred of ordinary people

Do you honestly think most people would like to see russian athletes competing right now? Obvious answer is NO.

Ofc you could let them compete but this way it would be guaranteed that they are greeted with all kind of (inappropriate) phrases-songs etc and i doubt it would be any better

Sschafell

Sschafell

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's fair, yes, not for the athletes but for their country, I don't know how much they could influence and pressure their government to give up this war.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I really don't think all Russian share the views of their leader just like i don't share the opinions of our moms boy that is trying to lead this country so we should just lighten up and just try and to get a long with each other.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you honestly think most people would like to see russian athletes competing right now? Obvious answer is NO.

Ofc you could let them compete but this way it would be guaranteed that they are greeted with all kind of (inappropriate) phrases-songs etc and i doubt it would be any better
I am seriously at a loss as to why the whole world is so set up. I seriously believe that sports should not be intertwined with politics. We were not brought up that way.

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, The control of the stadiums will get out of hand for the security officers

I agree with Russia's ban from all international competitions and also with all sanctions imposed and that may come to be.

It is unacceptable to accept that a nation acts by committing atrocities.

Any form of pressure to stop this is fair. And sport is not only a competition between athletes, politicians appropriate the passion of the people to win votes, to be well seen with other countries, to be well with public opinion...

Yes, it is a temporary ban. Just imagining the public shouting, insulting will not let the meetings begin. And the Security officers will get out of hand the situation and the Control. There will be trouble from the Entrance to the Exit.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not correct, but it is a measure of pressure so that the Russian government rethinks its internal policies that affect the international community and that unfortunately claim many innocent civilian and military lives.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think about FIFA & IOC ban on Russia

Russia will not take part in sporting events organised by FIFA, UEFA, IOC, etc, a shocking decision awaiting for an appeal by Russia at TAS/CAS, which has 99,99% to be overturned by the Court of Arbitration for sport, taking into consideration the many countries that have or had on going wars, invasion of other countries, cases of paedophilia, corruption, human right abuse, human traffic,etc to cite but few, St Kitten, Zimbabwe, france, U.A.E, Haiti, Laos, U.S.A, Israel, China, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, Cyprus , etc.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
All this is terrible, the sport will simply die, many athletes have already left their teams in basketball. Football, of course, is expected to have a crisis after the end of the championship.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't care the slightest about most sports, but collective punishment is always wrong. And very hypocritical as well, because many countries commit or have committed atrocities and I don't see the presence of their athletes being questioned.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not agree. We must bring it close and not push away and banish innocent people who are not waging war. This kind of attitude only serves to give Russia more reasons for not wanting to dialogue with the West and seeing war as the only way.

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it´s not correct. We should distiguish between sports and politic. An athlete can do nothing against his goverment or against the war.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it´s not correct. We should distiguish between sports and politic. An athlete can do nothing against his goverment or against the war.

You are so wrong.

Athlete is a public person, considered a role model by many. Lots of regular people would listen to them.
Many of athletes (even russians) stand up against the war, making public statements.

Athletes die in this war defending their country:
https://nypost.com/2022/03/02/ukrainian-biathlete-yevhen-maylshev-dies-in-war-with-russia/

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it's not correct for the players! They don't have nothing to do with this.

All foreign players from Ukraine have came to Romanian Football Federation!
They are safe!