College Football Thread 2019/2020

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything that has to do with College Football can be posted in this thread! Any questions or games you want to discuss? Put them in the thread! I will post week to week my progress betting on these games as well. Good luck all!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last Saturday, I had the Florida Gators (-7) vs Miami Hurricanes and came up short. A very sloppy game to say the least.

ribby (0-1) -$100 or 1.0 unit

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firing away tonight! Let's Gooo! Overall (0-1) -1.0 Units(-$100)

UCLA +2.5
Clemson -37
Tulane -3
Texas A & M -33
BYU +6.5

1 Unit($100) each game

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firing away tonight! Let's Gooo! Overall (0-1) -1.0 Units(-$100)

UCLA +2.5
Clemson -37
Tulane -3
Texas A & M -33
BYU +6.5

1 Unit($100) each game

Clemson, A&M and Tulane cover but UCLA and BYU get beat up (3-2) +100

Yesterday (3-2) +100 Overall (3-3) Even

Today -

Nevada +11 - I like the dog here. Nevada a good team at home.

1 Unit - $100

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Russia attitude to College or University football teams is not so serious and it's almost impossible to make a good career in this sphere while playing in college or university. But as far as I know you have another situation, haven't you?

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Russia attitude to College or University football teams is not so serious and it's almost impossible to make a good career in this sphere while playing in college or university. But as far as I know you have another situation, haven't you?

I am sorry but I do not understand this question.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Today -

1 Unit - $100

Yesterday (1-0) +100 Overall (4-3) +100(+1.0) Nevada big time come from behind to win the game!

Today -

Oregon +4 - Herbert the difference here in this game. Maybe a shootout?

Wyoming +17 - Cowboys pretty tough @ home - like the dog here

Washington State -31.5 - Should roll on New mexico State late at night in Washington

1 Unit each @ $100

Enjoy the games this Saturday! Tailgate today!:D

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 3 you won were juiced, how did you end up +100? Should be +70 at the most.

I'm looking at the auburn game now, I agree Oregon has the edge with their qb... but every time one of these high scoring west coast teams play an sec team in an opener, they get smoked. I was hoping r he line was going to reverse right when it came out, but it's slowly been pushed to auburn more and more. If auburn didn't have a true freshman at qb, I'd be all over them, but I think I'm going to sit that game out, or maybe a tease with georgia.

Today -

1 Unit - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got finished watching Oregon/Auburn - missed chip shot by the Ducks really hurt the line - Wyoming played good and Washington State starting 1st half well while I am typing this.

My good friend/bookie is letting me go juice free for College Football only. All my NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL plays will be taxed. We have been doing business for 20 years and he knows I suck at picking College ball. :)

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The auburn game was all auburn after that first quarter. Looks like Oregon is overrated. They will win games out west, but the hype of them having a huge year is over already.

A few others like that. I was underwhelmed with Ohio state, Texas a and m, Michigan, and nebraska. All over rated, and should have good lines due to their performance. A few others slipping my mind I'm sure, like south carolina and Tennessee, though I didn't expect much from them.

Teams I were impressed with were Alabama after that first quarter of rust. They looked amazing after that. Maryland put up 79-0. That's impressive regardless who you're playing. Lsu looked really impressive, as did wisconsisn. Everyone else kind of looked as expected. Clemson looked ok, but their qb didn't play even close to Heisman level as people expected. He flat out played bad.

All of those upsets and under performing games should make for some softer lines this week.

I'm going to be on Oklahoma tonight. First half and full game. I just can't get Houston getting thumped 70 to 14 by army in their bowl game last season. Oklahoma is a style point team, so I see them trying to run it up as much as possible. Hurts is a really underrated qb, and he will want to put on a show in his first game there. If Oklahoma play a cover 3 hybrid most of the time, it should limit Houston big plays. Oklahoma isn't exactly good at defence, but I think Houston is even worse on that side. Everything in this game is an advantage for Oklahoma in what should be at fast paced game, I think giving at td a quarter is value.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oklahoma lines are -13.5 first half, and -23.5 full game.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a brutal first half loss.... they dominate the whole time, up 21 to 3, then hurts fumbles it and Houston score off it... Oklahoma get it with 30 seconds left and go right down the field for a gimme field goal and he misses it... would have won the first half for me. He missed earlier too. Oklahoma look good though besides that one fumble. I'm going to get on them second half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this will be an 0-2 day, both due to a stupid fumble. That second fumble was rediculous, the guy just took the ball from the rb, no hit. I'm lucky the 2nd half was too high, it was outside of the range I thought they would win by, so I passed.

Jalen hurts has to be the early Heisman frontrunner after that game though, over 500 yards, 6 td's.

JoeKampman

JoeKampman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BOOMER SOONER

While they had far from a perfect game on Sunday, the Sooners Defense looked like it actually had potential. Jalen Hurts did a great job leading the offense. 3 Heisman winners in a row???

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday (1-0) +100 Overall (4-3) +100(+1.0) Nevada big time come from behind to win the game!

Today -

Oregon +4 - Herbert the difference here in this game. Maybe a shootout?

Wyoming +17 - Cowboys pretty tough @ home - like the dog here

Washington State -31.5 - Should roll on New Mexico State late at night in Washington

1 Unit each @ $100

Enjoy the games this Saturday! Tailgate today!:D

Real close to 3-0 but Oregon let it slip away to 2-1

Saturday (2-1) +100 Overall (6-4) +200 (+2.0)

Labor Day -

Notre Dame -18.5 * Louisville rebuilding with 1st year head coach Satterfield - Notre Dame may be better than last year - let's find out

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they looked a lot better on defence. That one series where the same guy kept giving them a free first down on 3rd and long kinda sucked, but besides that they were alright. That game wasn't even remotely as close as the score was. Too bad I couldn't cash on it. I'm curious to see if Jalen can maintain that level of play.
While they had far from a perfect game on Sunday, the Sooners Defense looked like it actually had potential. Jalen Hurts did a great job leading the offense. 3 Heisman winners in a row???

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on ND also, have them in a parlay with Alabama and georgia. Pays +596. I may hedge it a bit since it's the last in the parlay.
Real close to 3-0 but Oregon let it slip away to 2-1

Saturday (2-1) +100 Overall (6-4) +200 (+2.0)

Labor Day -

Notre Dame -18.5 * Louisville rebuilding with 1st year head coach Satterfield - Notre Dame may be better than last year - let's find out

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking ahead at next week lines. A few look off. Vandy vs purdue line seems strange given their performances. I figured it would be close to a pickem, or -3.5 on the extreme end for purdue, but it's -8.

After Maryland 79 to 0 outburst, they are only -2.5 dogs to Syracuse. I may keep an eye on it for a underdog ml parlay.

Missouri line seems generious given their loss to Wyoming.

Texas a&m line has gone up 3 points since their week 1 game ended. Guess people weren't impressed with them the same way I wasnt.

Speaking of wyoming, they are only laying 6.5 to Texas state.

Nevada laying 23.5 to Oregon seems a bit high. I'll get on it if it goes past 24.

Tulsa only laying 6 to San Jose state.

Yikes, Alabama is -54. That's a lot to cover for a team that doesn't run up the score and won't have any starters in after 1 series in the 3rd quarter. Looks good in a sweetheart teaser though, and 1st half line will probably be a play if it's under 35.

Michigan state line seems off, would be good in a teaser also.

Just some lines that stick out at first glance.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to make a early teaser of Wisconsin, Ohio state, and utah. All are on key numbers at the moment, but I expect all of those lines to jump.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alabama looking strong again !!!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the 1st quarter, where Alabama had 4 starters sitting out for discipline reasons, Alabama was the most impressive team to me week 1. The problem with betting them is you get back doored a lot because sabin couldn't care less for style points and he gets the starters out way earlier than most teams do in blowouts. That's also why they are great year in and year out though because their backups actually get quality minutes played.
Alabama looking strong again !!!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to add notre damn team total over 36.5. Louisville gave up over 50 points in 7 games last year, 5 in a row to end the season. Book was second only to Tua in percentage last year, and has all but one of his targets back. ND should be able to put up 40 plus here.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes the defense looked good in the first half...but the 2nd half has me wondering...I SOOOO wish OU would finally get back to having a dominate defense...I'm an OU fan through and through but the defense makes me cringe...Please please have a good defensive squad this season...maybe we can finally win the championship if they do... :)

T

timeforachange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight my team is finally playing, and after the opening drive awesomeness we give up a drive right back then go 3 and out. It is hard to be an irish fan because we need to do a better job of beating down the weaker teams, and when we dont we r not in the conversation for playoffs.. gl irish!! lets win 41-7 haha we have Georgia in two weeks in georgia we need to come in there playing inspired and dominating to have even a shot at a chance!

Last edited: