Champions League 19/20

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That one team who surely qualifies did make worst perfomance of the night right. Looks like Debrecen atleast scored vs Torino and Honved probably were too tired after playing 150 minutes cause they converted just 1 penalty in penalty shootout ...

Yeah all three teams got eliminated. I dont know what MOL Vidi did (because I watched the Honved's match), but that match was a huge suprise.

Honved's match was appealed by Honved. This match was a scandal. At the 119 minute the referee got injured by a sound-grenade. The match continued half an hour later (the police told that if the referee decide to cancel the match and give it to Honved with 3-0, then they wouldnt be able to evac them and the hungarian team safely). After then Univ. Craiova (Romania) won with penalty kicks. So it's not over yet, but I think the result wont change.

Now only Ferencváros left. They are still in the qualifying matches of Champion's League.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday the first matches 3 qualified the round were held. the victory of Karabakh over APOEL. in other couples more and more the emphasis surprised but also will be solved secondly games. I will watch the match Krasnodar against Porto today. of course Porto is the main contender for the group stage of Champions League. but Krasnodar has the good team which progresses the last years and hope for the sensation.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Now only Ferencváros left. They are still in the qualifying matches of Champion's League.

Not sure how big surprise it was but 1:1 draw away vs Dinamo Zagreb is probably quite decent result so let's see now can they can finish the job at home or not ...

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how big surprise it was but 1:1 draw away vs Dinamo Zagreb is probably quite decent result so let's see now can they can finish the job at home or not ...

It was a big suprise. I watched the match. Fradi was very lucky in some situations especially in the last 15 minutes. The defense isnt good sometimes. I'm curious about the return match at home.

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight big surprise in Basel, when the local team after making a good match against PSV, they lost against Linz 1-2. Other result where normal in my opinion and i hope that romanian team Cluj will over pass Celtic after 1-1 in first leg.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Tonight big surprise in Basel, when the local team after making a good match against PSV, they lost against Linz 1-2. Other result where normal in my opinion and i hope that romanian team Cluj will over pass Celtic after 1-1 in first leg.

Cluj to beat Celtic in Scotland? Yeah it'd like to see that going to happen :cool:
Even if other results were normal for you then it's still quite strange that from 10 games on TUE-WED only 1 home team won and Club Brugge weren't even that magnificent either vs Kiev as they won just 1:0 ...
Well return legs will be intresting anyway cause teams like APOEL, Crvena Zvezda, Dinamo Zagreb and Basel need to start scoring goals on the road(aswell as Kiev at home) if they want to stay in CL ...

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope youll see next week how Cluj will win in Scotland and qualify for ucl playoff:p

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It was a big suprise. I watched the match. Fradi was very lucky in some situations especially in the last 15 minutes. The defense isnt good sometimes. I'm curious about the return match at home.

0:3 down with 30+ minutes to go ... looks like EL 4th round is coming ...

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cluj to beat Celtic in Scotland? Yeah it'd like to see that going to happen :cool:
Even if other results were normal for you then it's still quite strange that from 10 games on TUE-WED only 1 home team won and Club Brugge weren't even that magnificent either vs Kiev as they won just 1:0 ...
Well return legs will be intresting anyway cause teams like APOEL, Crvena Zvezda, Dinamo Zagreb and Basel need to start scoring goals on the road(aswell as Kiev at home) if they want to stay in CL ...

What you were saying mate? A huge win in Scotland for the Romanian team.:D

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What you were saying mate? A huge win in Scotland for the Romanian team.:D

So are you from Romania right ...
Yes or no i still doubt that even you expected Cluj to be like first(?) team in this decade/century who visits Scotland and then scores 4 vs Celtic lol ...

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main sensation of the 3 qualification round is the departure of Porto, a regular participant in the Champions League. as I wrote above, Krasnodar has a good team, which progresses every year.I hope Krasnodar will continue its success against Olympiokos.Basel did not expect the departure, but they lost to the Austrians twice.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is a pity that BATE finished the current performance in the Champions League... Now for me there is only the Europa League.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It is a pity that BATE finished the current performance in the Champions League... Now for me there is only the Europa League.

Yeah it's kinda strange that since BATE bought estonian LB they haven't reached CL groupstage at all although prior to that they reached it like 5+ consecutive seasons or so lol ...

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool will take another trophy. Chelsea have little chance in the Super Bowl

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations to all Russian fans on moving further than the Krasnodar bulls. I didn’t write anything last week I was afraid to frighten off the victory, I hope three Russian clubs will be represented in the Champions League.

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So are you from Romania right ...
Yes or no i still doubt that even you expected Cluj to be like first(?) team in this decade/century who visits Scotland and then scores 4 vs Celtic lol ...
I'm from Cluj thats why i had those expectations. Celtic made a poor first half and a wery good start on second half, but they didnt look like a team who wants to qualify in group stages.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Congratulations to all Russian fans on moving further than the Krasnodar bulls. I didn’t write anything last week I was afraid to frighten off the victory, I hope three Russian clubs will be represented in the Champions League.

Even if Krasnodar dont make it i still think that 1-2 russian clubs should be presented there anyway and i'm pretty sure that all top sides would like to avoid taking long flight to east in september/october lol ...

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fc porto getting knocked out was a little bit of shock

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Congrats all and Dynamo Kyiv is so disappointing again. They fired their head coach finally.
P.S. Liverpool-Chelsea 1-1 so far.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if Krasnodar dont make it i still think that 1-2 russian clubs should be presented there anyway and i'm pretty sure that all top sides would like to avoid taking long flight to east in september/october lol ...
two clubs come out right away, the third is selected. We are competing with portugal in the UEFA table and this victory was important. And due to the cold in October, in Krasnodar it is very warm all year round this south look at geography before writing we have a big country where it is cold and somewhere heat.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does any body knows how's Tottenham doing?

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that this competion is still in the very early stages with new season(as groupstage will be drawn in the last few days in august) but as first qualifying round was drawn today then i guess it's probably better to open this thread now so we'd have better chance to see whether any club starting from first qualifying round manages to do unthinkable and actually reach CL groupstage

CL first qualifying round(games to played 9/10 & 16/17 july):

Nõmme Kalju (EST) vs Shkendija (MKD)
Suduva (LTU) vs Crvena Zvezda (SRB)
Ararat-Armenia (ARM) vs AIK (SWE)
Astana (KAZ) vs Cluj (ROU)
Ludogorets (BUL) vs Ferencvaros (HUN)

Celtic (SCO) vs Sarajevo (BIH)
Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA) vs Saburtalo (GEO)
Dudelange (LUX) vs Valletta (MLT)
Partizani (ALB) vs Qarabag (AZE)
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) vs Sutjeska (MNE)

Linfield (NIR) vs Rosenborg (NOR)
Valur Reykjavik (ISL) vs Maribor (SVN)
Dundalk (IRL) vs Riga (LVA)
The New Saints (WAL) vs winners of premilinary round
HJK (FIN) vs Torshavn (FRO)
BATE (BLR) vs Piast Gliwice (POL)

The Last sentence reminds me the movie I watched.

In jail the guy behind bars calling a cop stupid and the cop responds to him idiot lol!

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
So 12 teams will battle for that CL groupstage(draw 29.08) place with games taking place 20-21 and 27-28 august ...

Cluj vs Slavia
APOEL vs Ajax
LASK vs Club Brugge
Dinamo Zagreb vs Rosenborg
Young Boys vs Crvena Zvezda
Olympiakos vs Krasnodar

It'd be nice if in all these pairs it's still something to play for in second leg ... :cool: