Boxing: Mayweather VS Pacquaio Who wins?

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Pac man, no sir you did not win. I really like the guy too but he just didn't bring what he needed to for the W.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean... did he actually think that, or was he just laying the groundwork for a rematch the second the first fight ended?

"I totes won the first fight, I was robbed, he didn't do anything!"
"Oh no you didn't win... and just to prove it, let's do it again... and this time IT'S PERSONAL"​
Money-PacMan 2, The Redundant-ing, coming to PPV September 2015 :p

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought there might be some form of controversy to set up a rematch? Not bothering watching it as most people said it was boring. I was on a 6 hour coach trip to watch Preston North End play Colchester, that too was boring as ditchwater too

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forgot to say I hope neither go on to fight amir khan as that'll be boring too

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean... did he actually think that, or was he just laying the groundwork for a rematch the second the first fight ended?

"Oh no you didn't win... and just to prove it, let's do it again... and this time IT'S PERSONAL"​
You sound almost as cynical as myself! :eek: But you would wonder, wouldn't ya? :stupido2:

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I actually enjoyed the fight. It was basically the type of fight I expected to watch between them.

I wanted Pacquiao to win but didn't have much hope. Mayweather is just too fast, too good.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Pac man, no sir you did not win. I really like the guy too but he just didn't bring what he needed to for the W.

He need a finish or an overwhelming performance for a win. Everyone knew there waa next to no chance for pac to win if it went to the judges.

I look at mayweathers style as a very unentertaining rope a dope. He can't bob and weave like Ali but running away seems to be quite effective for him.

I wish he was dumb enough to fight rousey. When hugging your opponent ends in broken ribs what would he do then lol.

Is it true hes giving up his belts and hes done?

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I really don't think there will be any rematch.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't think there will be any rematch.

*shrugs*

Sure, there's no sporting reason to have one. But there's a few hundred million financial reasons for one, and they don't call this the fight business for nothing.

I mean there wasn't really a lot of sporting reason that I can see for Mayweather-Maidana 2, but that fight happened...

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
N'yeah... you can certainly argue that this fight was boring. You can argue that all Mayweather fights are boring.

But to suggest that the entire sport of boxing is dying? Erm, not so much. Here's an article with a few facts and figures to the contrary. Boxing on the whole is doing just fine.

The article says: "It cannot be denied that national public interest in the sport has taken a considerable hit as the decades have passed by"

So boxing IS dying.

You have to be really dumb if u think that when someone says that boxing is dying it means the sport is going to stop existing. You cannot take words that litterally. Boxing is not dead, but is going to somekind of a limbo, where it has some fans but the average public does not give a damn about it.

pokerdemon11

pokerdemon11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going for Floyd from the whole way I think we are witnessing a fighter that we will never see again in terms of his undefeated record. Yes his out of the ring stuff is nothing to be proud of but he is good at what he does and to take home $100 million for one fight is awesome. Also while watching the fight I had the bought scored at 116-112 in favor of Floyd which was pretty close to the 3 judges scores of 118-110, 116-112, and 116-112

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*shrugs*

Sure, there's no sporting reason to have one. But there's a few hundred million financial reasons for one, and they don't call this the fight business for nothing.

I mean there wasn't really a lot of sporting reason that I can see for Mayweather-Maidana 2, but that fight happened...

yeah I heard that it was in the contract they signed. I believe that if Floyd lost he had a rematch clause but if won he had a no rematch clause. He doesn't want to fight him again.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going for Floyd from the whole way I think we are witnessing a fighter that we will never see again in terms of his undefeated record. Yes his out of the ring stuff is nothing to be proud of but he is good at what he does and to take home $100 million for one fight is awesome. Also while watching the fight I had the bought scored at 116-112 in favor of Floyd which was pretty close to the 3 judges scores of 118-110, 116-112, and 116-112

Sorry... "nothing to be proud of"? Nothing to be proud of?!?!?!? His record of violence against women outside of the ring is something to be downright f&*king ashamed of. He's an awful human being who by rights should have received far greater punishment than the few slaps over the wrist he's received over the years. People were never going to see him take a beating in this fight, but they were right to want it.

As for being someone we'll never see again in terms of his undefeated record... I wouldn't go that far. As Hillbilly said above, this is an age of inflated records. Here's just one article ranking the top 25 pound for pound fighters in the world: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...for-pound-boxers-after-mayweather-vs-pacquiao

It doesn't really matter if you agree with the order or who's on the list or not, the point is seven of the 25 fighters not named Floyd Mayweather have perfect undefeated records. There's a 26-0, 25-0, 30-0, Golovkin with 32-0 and an insane 29 KOs, Gonzalez at 42-0 with 36 KOs... I think in the future we'll see quite a few fighters finish their careers with undefeated records that look as good or better than Mayweather's.

Does that make them better boxers? I dunno. But purely in terms of records, we'll definitely see his like again.

yeah I heard that it was in the contract they signed. I believe that if Floyd lost he had a rematch clause but if won he had a no rematch clause. He doesn't want to fight him again.

True, the contract didn't guarantee Pacman a rematch if he lost. That doesn't mean they can't just make a new contract for another fight.

Mayweather has said he's gonna fight one more time. If the past few years are any guide, he'll want to fight someone a: he knows he can beat that will b: generate lots and lots of money for him.

He already knows he can beat Pacquiao. And I don't think there's any other fight he could take that would generate as much money as a rematch with Pacquiao, even if it doesn't quite reach the income levels of the first fight.

The question is if not Pacquiao, then who?

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sums it up

Attachments

• 11038252_10205219987433911_5353600124919270164_n.jpg
    11038252_10205219987433911_5353600124919270164_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 30
pokerdemon11

pokerdemon11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry... "nothing to be proud of"? Nothing to be proud of?!?!?!? His record of violence against women outside of the ring is something to be downright f&*king ashamed of. He's an awful human being who by rights should have received far greater punishment than the few slaps over the wrist he's received over the years. People were never going to see him take a beating in this fight, but they were right to want it.

As for being someone we'll never see again in terms of his undefeated record... I wouldn't go that far. As Hillbilly said above, this is an age of inflated records. Here's just one article ranking the top 25 pound for pound fighters in the world: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...for-pound-boxers-after-mayweather-vs-pacquiao

It doesn't really matter if you agree with the order or who's on the list or not, the point is seven of the 25 fighters not named Floyd Mayweather have perfect undefeated records. There's a 26-0, 25-0, 30-0, Golovkin with 32-0 and an insane 29 KOs, Gonzalez at 42-0 with 36 KOs... I think in the future we'll see quite a few fighters finish their careers with undefeated records that look as good or better than Mayweather's.

Does that make them better boxers? I dunno. But purely in terms of records, we'll definitely see his like again.

I think it is down right hilarious all the people who hate on him for what he did. I think a lot of the hate is aimmed toward him out of jealousy. None of us will ever make $100 million dollars for 1 nights work and thus we bash on him. He served his time, more then I can say for a lot of other athletes, (ie greg hardy, Ray Rice and many more). Therefore get over it and stop using his out of ring mishaps as an excuse to hide your jealousy. I am mad enough to admit I am jealous as hell that in his profession he can make $100 million for 1 nights work.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mayweather is NOT a good guy. Supposedly he said that if he won he was going to take some of his winnings a bail Suge Knight out a jail. Have you seen his murder video? Yeah, that's the type of quality friends Money runs with. I guess he hasn't come through on that promise just yet so maybe he decided it wasn't the greatest PR move after all.

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol pokerdemon

Disliking someone on a personal level because they have a terrible history of doing monumentally shitty things and being 'jealous' of their ability to make a **** tonne of money in a night for punching someone aren't mutually exclusive

I'm very biased but would like to see a Mayweather v Kell Brook fight, think by the time Brook is fully recovered/ready that ship will have sailed though

Last edited:
G

gabrielrr33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I'm not a boxing fan, I did not like the fight. Pacquiao had to win because they defended more in the ring and looked what the other NO; that is to a great fight because for that was that they pay so much money to give a show that is never seen, but it was all rubbish ... Better stay with my sport POKER

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tbh i would like to see a rematch but ofc mayweather will NEVER fight pacman again so yea oh well ..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Injury to Pacquiao destroying the timeline aside, I don't see why he wouldn't fight him again. He knows he's got nothing to fear from Pacman now, which is just how he likes his opponents :p

I guess to some extent it doesn't matter who he fights though, because "Floyd's Last Fight Ever" pretty much sells itself...

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what ive read - boxing was the loser :(

I didnt watch the match but I have heard the same. It was very boring...so I didnt watch the replay later. I didnt miss anything. :)

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt watch the match but I have heard the same. It was very boring...so I didnt watch the replay later. I didnt miss anything. :)

Correct, it was just a repeat of every other Mayweather I have ever seen. Not worth the hype of the price of payperview imo.