Boxing: Mayweather VS Pacquaio Who wins?

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rooting for Pacman. :boxing:Wish I could watch it. :(

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gogogo

Attachments

• pacman-official-team-tee-frsh-04.jpg
    pacman-official-team-tee-frsh-04.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 82
XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mayweather, because it is May :D

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
no way mayweather wins he will be knocked out hands down!!

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn, didn't see the fight, but heard the result. Not impressed!:boxing:
Clear who the crowd supported before the fight, by the cheers for Pacquiao & Jeers for Mayweather.....Oh well, i guess this is what we all expected, if not what we had hoped. I just wish Mayweather hadn't run scared from this fight for so long, oh well, I hope his hundreds of millions keep him warm at night.:rolleyes:
Just heard a great soundbite from former referee Joe Cortez; The money was with Mayweather, but the the hearts were with Pacquiao!

Last edited:
Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disagree with the result.
Pacquiao deserves to win.

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
manny came to fight mayweather used his reach and ran/wrapped up when things got hot

I don't like the decision if anything I'd call it a draw but the winner was obviously decided before the fight even began

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mayweather hugged Manny more times than my girlfriend has hugged me in my whole life. :icon_scra :eviltongu :dontknow: :hmmmm2:

:hmmmm2:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I think Mayweather is a vile human being...

But Pacquiao suggesting after the fight that he thought he won because Mayweather didn't "do" anything? Did he not see how Mayweather won most of his other fights in recent years?

I won a couple of bets on Mayweather by decision, so naturally I'm OK with the outcome :p

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I think Mayweather is a vile human being...
Indeed he is... From what I've seen & heard anyway.
But Pacquiao suggesting after the fight that he thought he won because Mayweather didn't "do" anything? Did he not see how Mayweather won most of his other fights in recent years?
I didn't see the fight, but seen all the stats & watched the interviews afterwards. When Pacquiao stated that he thought he won you could see the shock on the interviewers face & the tone of his voice left me in no doubt of his opinion. Whilst Pacquiao didn't actually say anything disrespectful, his reaction to the decision did seem a little out of character. But that being said, I don't think I can remember seeing an interview with The Pacman after he had lost a fight before.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well in the end mayweather got his money undeserved as it is !
shame they didn't just say it like it was a draw !

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what ive read - boxing was the loser :(

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt order the fight, i find mayweather to be boring as heck to watch. Im not suprised by the outcome either. To anyone who watched was the fight even entertaining? Most everyone knew how floyd would fight and most assumed the outcome. I have a hard time believing thatt the fight lived up to the hype..

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I'm glad I didn't pay for it and it was very, very far from 'exciting', but (a) it was an absolute masterclass from Mayweather and (b) to suggest it was a draw or Pac deserved to win is ludicrous.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fight was pretty much what everyone expected it to be, Manny trying to slug it out and Mayweather running around. After watching 5 rounds, I realized why Mayweather always wins even though his fights are boring. He's a strategic fighter, he's fighting by the books, he's fighting to win points not looking to knock-out his opponents. He throws a lot of punches and lands a lot of them even if they are weakly thrown because he knows that's what judges look for, then he runs away so you can't land any punches. It all comes down to stats to determine a winner, if you were to judge a fight based on numbers like this and not seeing the fight who would you say won?:

200 punches thrown/150 landed
vs
110 punches thrown/60 landed

I never liked Mayweather but he got my respect as a boxer last night.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was rooting for PacMan but i bet on Maywather.. At the end i thought it will be a closer decision . Maywather deserved to win but i hope for a rematch.

Last edited:
KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fight was pretty much what everyone expected it to be, Manny trying to slug it out and Mayweather running around. After watching 5 rounds, I realized why Mayweather always wins even though his fights are boring. He's a strategic fighter, he's fighting by the books, he's fighting to win points not looking to knock-out his opponents. He throws a lot of punches and lands a lot of them even if they are weakly thrown because he knows that's what judges look for, then he runs away so you can't land any punches. It all comes down to stats to determine a winner, if you were to judge a fight based on numbers like this and not seeing the fight who would you say won?:

200 punches thrown/150 landed
vs
110 punches thrown/60 landed

I never liked Mayweather but he got my respect as a boxer last night.

I agree with you except for the last part.
Mayweather style is the end of boxing.
The only effective punches he lands are when he hits women.
One fighter came to fight and the other was waiting until the fight was over. That`s why boxing is freaking dying, super boring.

It was a smart move to wait until Manny got old so Floyd could run away. 5 years ago, Manny could`ve KO`ed him.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put some money on Mayweather so I'm glad he won last night :)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's all about the rematch :cool:

Mayweather hugged Manny more times than my girlfriend has hugged me in my whole life. :icon_scra :eviltongu :dontknow: :hmmmm2:

:hmmmm2:

yes but each one of her hugs is a guaranteed knock out ;)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That`s why boxing is freaking dying, super boring.

N'yeah... you can certainly argue that this fight was boring. You can argue that all Mayweather fights are boring.

But to suggest that the entire sport of boxing is dying? Erm, not so much. Here's an article with a few facts and figures to the contrary. Boxing on the whole is doing just fine.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
N'yeah... you can certainly argue that this fight was boring. You can argue that all Mayweather fights are boring.

But to suggest that the entire sport of boxing is dying? Erm, not so much. Here's an article with a few facts and figures to the contrary. Boxing on the whole is doing just fine.
Agreed the sports not dying, I mean last night was the biggest money fight ever, but you got to admit it's not much fun to watch any more. Most fighters aren't willing to fight the best competition so they get these meaningless, inflated 40-0 records facing chumps while their only real test is fighting their own chumps to inflate their own records. I didn't watch last night and didn't want to. Mayweather fights are generally boring and Pac just isn't the same fighter he was a few years ago. Anyone who thought last nights' fight was going to be some exciting slugfest was just suffering from wishful thinking.