Boxing: Mayweather VS Pacquaio Who wins?

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this fight is finally happening. What are your predictions? I feel If Pacquaio doesn't take Mayweather out within 6 rounds that Floyd will make adjustments and win by boring decision.

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been waiting a long time for this fight, Its finally happening. This should be an exciting fight unlike most of Floyds fights. Im picking Floyd, I really wanna see him go 50-0.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe it's finally going down!

I've been waiting for this for years now!

My friend Kevin is having a party for this fight. I can't wait to see the fireworks finally happen!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is anyone concerned that the outcome of this might be less than legit?

I mean if Mayweather loses it sets up a trilogy bout, which would make dumptrucks full of cash for everyone involved...

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I know more fights means more money. But there is no way Floyd will lose on purpose. He in no way will want to tarnish his undefeated record. He is too focussed on being known as the greatest of all time. Which I do not think he is. Bit ofcourse there is a rematch clause in case he does lose.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's already a lock to be considered one of the greatest of all time, one loss against another legend of the sport right at the end of his run isn't really gonna change that.

And let's be honest, his undefeated record is only really worth anything while he's still fighting - it's one of the selling points for his otherwise largely-dull matches. He's very close to retirement. What if Manny is the last guy he ever fights? Floyd-Manny 2 sells itself, no unbeaten record required.

I'm not saying this is how it's going to go down, I'm just wondering aloud if anyone is at least a little concerned that the outcome might not be on the level...

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm trying not to think about that lol. The reason being, I've been looking forward to this fight for ages & I have my hopes high that it will be one of the best boxing matches I've ever seen.

I'm just wondering aloud if anyone is at least a little concerned that the outcome might not be on the level...

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Umm Floyd is a great fighter for sure. But I don't put him on greatest of all time at all really. Thing is when you are at the top of the game, you have the power to pick who you want to fight, and when. So he has been very smart at picking his fights that are tailored for him to win at the right times. Yes he is multi division champion. But not too credible when its againast a guy like Arturo Gatti or Carlos Baldomir. If were talking prime for prime he has nothing on a guy like Roy Jones Jr. Floyd is a excellent boxer, but will and has never been able to do the things a prime Roy ever did.
But still big respect for Floyd for his accomplishments. Just never someone I would think back. wow that guy was a beast..

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hope Mayweather loses - dont like him, always liked Pacquaio but fear he may be past his best.

Please win Manny :boxing:

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The smart money says Pacquaio but you never know

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going for Mayweather, he seems to be at the top of his game whereas Pac seems to be going against journeymen in comparison

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hope Mayweather loses - dont like him, always liked Pacquaio but fear he may be past his best.

Please win Manny :boxing:
You took the words out of my mouth. I love Pacquaio, he is a true gentleman aswell as one of the greatest boxers of my lifetime, he does so much for his community back in The Philippines.rather than just looking after number one like alot of these big name sportsmen.
It's a petty, in fact it's a damn shame, this fight didn't happen back in 2009-2010, but hopefully The Pacman still has it in him to embarrass Maywheather in the ring.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want Pacquiao to win, but I think Mayweather will win a decision. He will use his quickness and defense to take out Manny.

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Paxquiao wins mayweather was scared to fight him for a reason (cause he will get beat)

i really want mayweather to get beat hahah

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope pacman beats the shite ootae Floyd.....if anyone can do it then its manny.....gooooooooooan saaaaan

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Head says Mayweather, heart wants Pacquaio... most neutrals in the boxing world seem to feel the same way.

I mean if Mayweather loses it sets up a trilogy bout, which would make dumptrucks full of cash for everyone involved...

There is always a chance that any top professional sporting event is less than legit in many ways. Guessing the exact ill-legitimacy and outcome is impossible in my opinion and not worth concern e.g. there could be an equal chance both fighters are using illegitimate substances because they both legitimately want to win, and an infinite amount of other possibilities...

To be blatantly honest, if Mayweather aimed to lose I doubt he would've waited til this time to fight Manny and hosted the fight in Vegas. I would actually think any ill-legitimacy would be more probable to be on the other side as Manny has nothing to lose regardless of the outcome. I think Mayweather can always capitalize on a win and make it in his interests.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Mayweather will win. He's just too talented and skilled. He's like Ronaldo in football: very good sportman but has some behavioural defects...

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Mayweather will win. He's just too talented and skilled. He's like Ronaldo in football: very good sportman but has some behavioural defects...

pac is the messi :)

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they go toe-to-toe pacman got this fight but being that mayweather likes to dance around and avoid going toe-to-toe, he may tire out pacquaio and go for the decision. I just hope it turns out to be a good fight

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GO fLYOD

Y\H ITS MAYEATHER ALL THE WAY , hopefully it takes place this tyme:icon_bigs