S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I forgot to add the standings last week but after this week The steelers beat The Jaguars which is ehhh...

They also got some help around the League as the Colts beat the Ravens and the Patriots stepped up and beat the Bengals, The browns won however and the AFC north is the only division to have all teams @ .500+

I said it earlier I'll say it again the AFC north is the toughest division this year.

Standings:

Bengals: 3-1, (1-0)
Ravens : 3-2, (2-1)
Steelers: 3-2, (1-1)
Browns : 2-2. (0-2)

Both Browns loses are divisional games.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In other news I said it earlier but it's getting ridiculous... The refs suck in both the NFL and the NCAA. There needs to be some penalties and accountability for bad calls and blown calls..

I can not stand when the NFL or NCAA issues apologies for bad calls... The apology does not change the outcome of the game or how it is written down in the history books...

It is ridiculous..

Also the amount of penalties are ruining the game, I can't remember the exact number but Defensive holding calls went from around 38 from last year to the 90's this year for Week 5...

It's amazingly shockingly awful...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is nothing compared to the rivalry with CLE(obv not much of a rivalry anymore bc we've sucked for the past 20 years) But we have waaaaaaaay more history together;)

Im a youngin.
Not claiming that you are old but I dont remember a steelers-browns rivalry so that for sure has to be ancient.:p 70s-80s maybe

Gotta love that extra division toughness in games tho.

The reasons Browns and Ravens have a rivalry (Other then being division rivals ofc) is because I believeeee that the Ravens use to be the Browns before they went off to Baltimore??

Still don't think anything is as good as Ravens Vs Steelers

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reasons Browns and Ravens have a rivalry (Other then being division rivals ofc) is because I believeeee that the Ravens use to be the Browns before they went off to Baltimore??

Still don't think anything is as good as Ravens Vs Steelers

Yes you are correct. The browns were sold to Baltimore. Again.. Pit. Vs Bal rivalry is peanuts compared to our rivalry. Just ask your parents or elders. Think our all time record vs each other is like 67-58 with you guys in front. Oh ya and sorry we handed it to you guys Sunday. We're just the better team this year:p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If they would fire Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley the Steelers would be 100x better...

I don't understand how they stull have jobs there...

What have they done to a superbowl caliber team... they made them an 8-8 team... Pathetic this is Pittsburgh we don't lose games we win seasons.

Todd Haleys strategy was to run the ball over and over again... In fact they ran more in that game in the 1st quarter then they have since 2004. The NFL is more pass heavy then ever but Todd Haley thinks it's still 1990.

Not only did he run the ball too much but when they were SUPPOSED to run the ball they passed..

They are terrible and they need to go... I'm considering starting a boycott of Heinz field in till they are fired they are that bad.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Also Dick L. The defensive coordinator, hate to say it but you may have to go as well... the defense4 is looking terrible I understand they are young and it takes awhile to learn the defense but I'm just not seeing enough results.

He invented the Line backer blitz and it worked so efficiently that everyone now uses it and since that happened everyone knows how to stop it... They need to figure out something new...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes you are correct. The browns were sold to Baltimore. Again.. Pit. Vs Bal rivalry is peanuts compared to our rivalry. Just ask your parents or elders. Think our all time record vs each other is like 67-58 with you guys in front. Oh ya and sorry we handed it to you guys Sunday. We're just the better team this year:p

The Steelers Ravens rivalry is the best in all of sports, just because browns fans hate the Ravens don't make it a rivalry lol.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck says...

Lol

I know this is an ALL STEELERS thread but what yall think bout dem boys?

Attachments

• the-cowboys-won-and-the-steelers-suck-cuz-i-said-so.jpg
    the-cowboys-won-and-the-steelers-suck-cuz-i-said-so.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 27
dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Steelers Ravens rivalry is the best in all of sports, just because browns fans hate the Ravens don't make it a rivalry lol.

I never said we had a rivalry with Baltimore. I said we have a rivalry with the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. And It's greater than BAL VS PIT's Rivalry.

Also, PIT BAL have only played 40 games together lol... We have over 120 games played vs PIT. PIT has 68 wins, Browns have 58 wins...All time.

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ah okay, Steelers Vs Ravens are still better though... hard hitting and USUALLY decided by 3 or less points.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Soo the Steelers won against the Texans on Monday night.

They scored 21 points in under 2 minutes 24 points in under 4 minutes...

They still almost blew it and only won by one TD...

If they win on Sunday against the Colts better watch out for the Steelers... They can't expect to get 3 TD in under 2 minutes every week though so they need to find another way to get on the board.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well they found another way to get on the board! lol

51 points for the Steelers today.

Ben Roethlisberger throwing for over 500 yards and beat his TD record of 5 with 6 TD passes.

He is also now the first QB to ever have more then one 500+ yard passing game. Which was against the Packers I remember that game it was amazing last second TD win.

Unlike today with a 51-34 victory at home against a very good Colts team on both sides of the ball - They were coming off a shut out of a good Bengals team last week.

Steelers fumbled the ball twice at the end of the game which almost led to a Colts comeback but a safety put the end to the worries..

I'll have to re watch the game to see more of what went well and what went badly but from memory the Steelers offensive line was incredible Ben Roethlisberger barely got touched all game and had all day to throw..

On the defensive side it started with a pick six but Cortez Allen needs some help or he needs to be benched.. He is the weak link on that defense and needs to be fixed quickly..

The coaching today I have no complaints except for a terrible call on a pooch kick that was blocked (Ben kicked it) on a 4th and 4 was a terrible call they should have just went for it, if the wind wasn't a factor maybe kick the FG but with a big lead and momentum going for it on 4th and 4 would of been the correct call IMO.

If they keep playing like this and fix a few more leaks which are fixable the Steelers will be a Super Bowl contender.

Also if they keep playing like this I may forgive Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin for the last two seasons but they better keep it up lol. '

Go Pitt

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Another great game

Harrison has seemed to have taught this Steelers defense how to be mean and with Cortez Allen out the defense doesn't have a obvious weak link to exploit.

The Steelers are on a roll and I'm calling it now Superbowl winners =p

Big Ben 300+ yards, 6 TD passes (again) 0 Int - that's 800+ yards 12 TD's and 0 INT's in two games.

Big ben the most under rated QB in the game is going to get a 3rd ring lol

As far as the Standings go Steelers move up to second in the division and 5th in the conference

Bengals - 4-2-1

Steelers - 6-3

Browns - 5-3

Ravens- 5-4

lol what a ridiculous division.

Alsooooo Tomlin, Haley keep it up and I won't be able to call for your job anymore lol, though when you have a talented team like this how can you lose?

Last edited:
D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another great game

Harrison has seemed to have taught this Steelers defense how to be mean and with Cortez Allen out the defense doesn't have a obvious weak link to exploit.

The Steelers are on a roll and I'm calling it now Superbowl winners =p

Big Ben 300+ yards, 6 TD passes (again) 0 Int - that's 800+ yards 12 TD's and 0 INT's in two games.

Big ben the most under rated QB in the game is going to get a 3rd ring lol

As far as the Standings go Steelers move up to second in the division and 5th in the conference

Bengals - 4-2-1

Steelers - 6-3

Browns - 5-3 :eek:

Ravens- 5-4

lol what a ridiculous division.

Alsooooo Tomlin, Haley keep it up and I won't be able to call for your job anymore lol, though when you have a talented team like this how can you lose?

Oh man Im waiting for dem damn steelers to do bad but I gotta ride the wagon with you.
Maybe another GB vs Steeler SB. would be great:cool:

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm thinking another Steelers Vs Cardinals super bowl

If GB gets there though revenge would be sweet

L

luciano26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a huge Steelers fan but this team isnt getting to the Super Bowl.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a huge Steelers fan but this team isnt getting to the Super Bowl.

Why's that?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that.

They are not the same team as they were earlier in the season, They have Bryant which frees up AB (The best WR in the game), They have Le'veon Bell one of the best RB in the game, he is probably the best all purpose RB in the game, and the other receivers are really starting to learn the offense and participate, all led by Ben Roethlisberger who is now having an amazing season.

Todd Haley is starting to dump his dink n dunk crap and realizing that Ben can air it out.

The new young Line backers are starting to learn the complicated Dick Lebeau defense. Cortez Allen got benched and his replacement is doing well.

The only thing they have to do is stay healthy. They went on fire last year around this time and looked like a super bowl team and almost came back from an 0-4 start to make the playoffs... They would have if AB didn't step out against the Dolphins lol.

the Colts and the Ravens both have good defenses and Steelers scored over 80 combined points, 12 TD's against them

I don't see any reason why they are not contenders if they stay healthy

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look what i found lol

Thought you might like this.
Was forced to use a certain grill set this summer.
I had to deal with it or let everyone starve. :rolleyes:
I chose wisely.
When I was done I came up with a bright idea.:p
Picture quality sucks on my phone but its a Steelers Grill set.

Attachments

• IMG_20130722_093708.jpg
    IMG_20130722_093708.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20130721_155454.jpg
    IMG_20130721_155454.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Green_Bay_Packers.jpg
    Green_Bay_Packers.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 10
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not impressed with the Steelers defense. Good thing they have Ben at qb, and LBell at rb. Bell is hitting stride, should give them a chance at success heading into the playoffs. Impressive night coming back vs the Titans, defense put them in a tight spot!

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not impressed with the Steelers defense.
actually, I was impressed with Tenn. O-line...now granted they got away with a few "NE Patriot" blocks (those are the ones were you tackle the rusher while the back judge looks the other way...oh look!..whistle!..shiiiiiiiny), but over all they did a decent job of picking up the blitz packages...
Good thing they have Ben at qb, and LBell at rb. Bell is hitting stride, should give them a chance at success heading into the playoffs. Impressive night coming back vs the Titans, defense put them in a tight spot!
...the optional plays called in the huddle and audibling to a run away from the overloads was down right impressive :)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The refs were terrible last night. They were hugging AB and they were never calling it, there was a face guarding that didn't get called in the end zone..

Ben was off in the first half, Gay got a nice pick six but then bit on the underneath route and got beat deep for a TD at the end of the 2nd qtr.

The o line was goo din the 4th qtr maybe it was their strategy to do nothing the first 3 qtrs. so they wouldn't be tired and could push them around in the 4th qtr.

Heath Miller did awesome like always

Also the refs didn't call a lot of hands to the face calls on the Titans was upsetting me.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they may be winning but there not covering the spread :~(

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers dropped Blount, apparently he was whining about not getting any carries in the Titans game and left the field during the game and got in street clothes.

They also said he was bringing down Le'veon Bell and getting him in trouble