All Steelers Thread

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats my home town team, live 20 mins from pitt..

When they win the superbowl its like christ came back, the whole city goes nuts

Btw if any of you pittsburghians ever has home games feel free to msg me!!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here we gooooo!! Start of the Steelers season

Week 1 VS browns

I predict a huge game for Ben Rothlisberger the most under rated QB in the game

Tom Brady - Play off Record: 18-8 , Super bowl Record : 3-2

Peyton Manning - Playoff Record: 11-12 , Super Bowl record: 1-2

Drew Brees - Play off Record : 6-5 , super bowl record: 1-0

Aaron Rodgers - Play off Record 5-4 , super bowl record : 1-0

Ben Roethlisberger play off record: 10-4. super bowl record 2-1

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Alright frist half of the game was a great performance, the second half was pathetic and some one needs to be fired lol

Pitt beats the Browns 30-27

Bengals beat the Ravens 23-16

Steelers - 1-0, (1-0)
Bengals - 1-0, (1-0)
xRavens- 0-1, (0-1)
xBrowns- 0-1, (0-1)

Thursday night Steelers VS Ravens (which I believe to be the best rivalry in all of sports, and with the Ravens down a game in both games and in conference I expect it to be even better.

If Steelers played like they did in the second half they don't have a chance. Usually this game is decided by 3 points and a last second game winning score.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you ask me I think the Steelers are going to kick the Ravens in the face! Then run through em'

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ask me I think the Steelers are going to kick the Ravens in the face! Then run through em'

This was such a dirty move! So funny we almost came back and won:p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This was such a dirty move! So funny we almost came back and won:p

lol wasn't dirty it was an accident he was trying to hurdle the kicker... He of course didn't need to hurdle the kicker he could of ran to the right and got a TD.

I think he was going for the Ultra highlight reel and then ended up on "C'mon man" reel instead.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He of course didn't need to hurdle the kicker he could of ran to the right and got a TD.

Exactly! Or he could've ran right through em hehe:D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
7 Hours till game time.. I can't wait fast forward the clock

Let's go Steelers!!

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I should probably find a old blanket and place it under the bench by the dinning room table...
...'cause that's where my poor dog will wind up when my wife and I start yelling at the tv screen :D

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes! though I am not a steeler fan I love the steelers ravens rivalry. Always a great game. I see pittburgh winning this 1 with all the ray rice stuff going on plus its a short week. Hopefully they dont play a hlaf like the 2nd vs the browns.

GB- 0-1 got the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS on Sunday! :cool:

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
steelers ravens rivalry.

This is nothing compared to the rivalry with CLE(obv not much of a rivalry anymore bc we've sucked for the past 20 years) But we have waaaaaaaay more history together;)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers were pathetic tonight...

When they will fire Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin idk...

They just aren't the Steel curtain I grew up watching the last few years...

If they don't pick it up =(

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hate the Steelers...

Yes I am a life long Raiders fan and as a Raiders fan I have always hated the Steelers and I always will. They absolutely make me sick and I feel sorry for all you Steeler fans especially the ones in Pittsburgh..... Sorry, couldn't help myself...

moses59

moses59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya steelers suck go browns woof woof =)

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is nothing compared to the rivalry with CLE(obv not much of a rivalry anymore bc we've sucked for the past 20 years) But we have waaaaaaaay more history together;)

Im a youngin.
Not claiming that you are old but I dont remember a steelers-browns rivalry so that for sure has to be ancient.:p 70s-80s maybe

Gotta love that extra division toughness in games tho.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers Vs Panthers

This is going to be a tough game and tonight we find out what the Steelers will become if they win they are a legitimate team (in my mind)

If they get blown out then =(

Hopefully I can come back to this thread after the game and retract what I said about the Steelers last week instead of having to complain on how bad this dynasty has become because of the staff... =o

Go Steelers

Prediction - 28-24 Steelers or 35-14 Steelers

=p

Idc if my prediction score is wrong just as long as Steelers winnnn

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actual score 37-19

Steelers did great today better then expected!

Unfortunately, a lot of injures on the defense side of the ball for the Steelers and some injuries for the Panthers as well.

Including Steelers Linebacker and Corner back

I'm not the biggest fan of Ike Taylor as I believe I've said before in this post the guy can't catch and gets beat or gives up penalties too often but you never want to see a guy get injured - He broke his arm and you could see it wobble.

He will probably be out for a couple of months (Isn't that crazy break your arm and playing in months... (Depending on the surgery and healing) but bones tend to heal quickly.

The Steelers were putting pressure on the QB and even got their FIRST turnover of the season Via QB fumble (During passing motion)

On the pther side of the ball the Steelers were moving I was upset at first with the dink n dunk Todd Haly offense but it started to work when combined with the spread and down field passing that I like seeing Ben Roethlisberger do.

He had a great scramble side arm lob throw to Brown in the corner of the end zone for a TD

Both Steelers RB Bell and Blount had over 100 yards rushing and the run game looked good.

With the Ravens winning against the Browns (In a close game) and the Bengals winning going undefeated they both will be ahead of the Steelers in division.

The AFC North looks like it could be the toughest division in football this year.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Week 3 Standings:

Bengals: 3-0, (2-0)

Ravens : 2-1, (2-1)

Steelers: 2-1, (1-1)

Browns : 1-2, (0-2)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers pick up James Harrison who comes out of retirement =o

I don't know if this will be good or bad... It is clearly needed however since the Steelers lost 2 Line Backers in the Panther game due to injury

Also James Harrison was known as a pass rusher and having that for the Steelers could be good since good pass rushing leads to interceptions and fumbles or sacks.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really disappointed at my Panthers over losing to the Steelers like that. But... big win for the Steelers early in the season. I do think the pickup of James Harrison will help going forward. Would be surprised if they don't make the playoffs. Hey kid...catch!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers lose to Tampa Bay in a pathetic fashion...

At the end of the game where Tampa scored a TD to win you could clearly hear a fan shouting "Tomlin you suck!"

It's true.. I've said it before I'll say it again the Steelers are an undisciplined team... over 100 yards in penalties...

I won't blame all that on their discipline though because the refs also suck and not just in this game but in every game across the NFL.. Games are being decided by refs they are on the field so much I know them all by name now... It's ridiculous and it is ruining the game...

I personally think that refs should be fined for bad calls or missed calls, I'm not sure if I said this before or not on CC... If your going to strike for a raise you better be damn near perfect in games..

Same goes for Every sport if your going to be a ref and you screw up you should be penalized. It's a Multi billion dollar industry you shouldn't be allowed to screw up.

Same goes to judges in MMA fights.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant believe they lost. I turned it off when Steelers got the ball back(with the lead) with less than 2 minutes to go. Figured they were going to close it out. Being a Browns fan, I was pissed.