S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My beloved Steelers are... (0-4) The Steelers have not been 0-4 since 1968, to get a little better understanding on that, the Steelers have not been 0-4 since a YEAR before we went to the moon in 1969.

The Steelers have many problems and I will mention the ones that I think are the biggest and were going to go ahead and start at the head of the beast.
"Mike Tomlin" The Pittsburgh Steelers Head coach, I'm not saying he's a bad coach though he does have huge shoes to fill following the great Bill Cowher. but he doesn't seem (to me) to be much of a discipliner, obviously I am NOT comparing his discipline to Cowhers because.. Well how could I? But I'm more referring to the fact that the Steelers are not as disciplined as they should be or as disciplined as a NFL team should be.

(Example) Le'veon Bell the 21 year old rookie RB from Michigan State who missed the first 3 games due to a foot injury, scored his first NFL rushing TD but it's the fashion he did it in. Which was a front flip into the corner of the End Zone. Now I can understand your first NFL Touch Down can be exciting and you want it to be memorable, but it's inexcusable behavior especially for some one playing for a team who was "at the time" 0-3 and were down 10-0. (I dare a player to do this with Bill Cowher as the head coach) Bell wasn't the only one showing non disciplined behavior and shouldn't be singled out (but will be)

Discipline is one of the most important aspects to not only having a winning football team but to having an amazing Franchise, which the Steelers have had both in the past with six Super Bowl wins (Most in NFL history) and even more Super Bowl appearances. and guess what they had then they don't have now... "Discipline" Another example of discipline creating a winning team and amazing Franchise The New England Patriots a very disciplined team.

Next in line for one of my Steelers failure reasons, Steelers Offensive Tackle Mike, Adams to me is one of the Steelers biggest problems on offense the 23 year old 6-7" 323 pound LT from Ohio State is to slow off of the line and is getting beat, pushed around, and out played far, far to often and is the reason Ben Roethlisburger (QB) is getting sacked and not getting any time in the pocket. Which is causing Fumbles, Interceptions, bad throws, and a uncomfortable QB. I would guess (not actual stats) he is the reason for 80% of Ben's sacks and a leading factor to the Steelers losses an 0-4 start.

Defense! The once unmovable object with multiple previous ratings of #1 Defense in the NFL which is nick named "The steel curtain" is HORRENDOUS this year so far with ZERO that's right, zero turn overs in to week 4. They are currently the only team in the NFL without a defensive turn over. The closest thing the Steelers had to a turn over was in the loss to the 0-3 now 1-3 Vikings last night where Matt Cassel (Vikings 2nd string QB) fumbled the ball on 3rd down the ball bounced forward where Vikings recovered it for a first down. So what could of been the Steelers first turn over of the season or could of been 4th down ended up being a first down for the Vikings for a 10 yard gain.

Turn overs are not the only problem for the Steelers Defense, they can't seem to make a tackle and are giving up big plays in the secondary and not getting enough pressure on the QB.

Last but DEFINATELY not least in fact probably the biggest factor to the Steelers losing streak (IMO) Offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who has the "Dink N Dunk" style of offense which are 80% (not actual stat) bubble screens or run plays that are NOT working. It was no secret that Ben Roethlisberger (QB)was not happy about Todd Haley becoming his Offensive Coordinator when he first came in 2012 Todd Haley was fired from the Kansas City Chiefs after a record of 5-8 since Todd Haley's firing the Chiefs are now 4-0 in this season and since the hiring of Todd Haley the Steelers are 0-4. The Steelers offense in the 2012 season ran to the left end a combined 4% of all rushes, and 7% of all combined rushes went to the left tackle. An astounding 71% of all the Steelers rushes went in between the two right guards and is repeating the same pattern as last year. (actual statistics) Now this wouldn't be a problem if these runs worked but they do not.

Good going Todd Haley nothing like letting the defense know where you are going to run the ball 71% of the time. If this wasn't bad enough the defenses also know where Todd Haley is going to have Ben Roethlisburger throw the ball a huge majority of the time..
It seems the only time the Steelers march down the field and look good on offense is when they do no huddle and Ben calls the plays or when Ben calls an audible.

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With All of that being said do NOT give up hope on the Pittsburgh Steelers and a post season, season yet!! Though only 1 team in NFL history has started off 0-4 and made the post season (Chargers) in 1992. The Steelers have a shot. A victory over the Vikings would have been huge but it was not meant to be. and before the day started it would of been a necessity, however two unlikely things happened last night.. The Baltimore Ravens lost to the Bills and the Bengals lost to the Browns, leaving them both with a record of 2-2 leaving the 0-4 Steelers only 2 games behind.

The Steelers still get to play the Ravens 2 games this year and the Bengals one more time leaving them with a chance.

And as fate would have it the Steelers may even get luckier because during their Bye Week next week it gives them time to get their act together but also next week, the Ravens play the (4-0) Dolphins at Miami and the Bengals play the (4-0) Patriots both being potential losses giving the Steelers a chance to only be one game behind.

So don't call it a comeback but let's pray for one =)

Last edited:
J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a steelers fan as well...fan to fan...give up hope. I don't even recognize them out there.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
im a steelers fan as well...fan to fan...give up hope. I don't even recognize them out there.
I never give up on the Steelers. In fact last year when the play offs started and the Steelers didn't make it (due to injuries) I still didn't give up hope, I thought maybe one of the AFC Wild card teams will come down with a crazy flu and will need a replacement team =)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chiefs fan here, Todd Haley was a genuinely bad head coach, looks like He is still over his skis.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
going tobe a long hard season in pitt

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Update: Browns win VS Bills 3-2
CIN beats the patriots and move to 3-2 (3 games ahead of the Steelers)

Ravens are currently tied 23 all with 5 mins left in the 4th quarter against MIA

Update: Baltimore beats MIA and move to 3-2

Bad week for the Steelers

Last edited:
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Steelers always have played better under pressure, I think they will come back from this bye week regrouped and ready to go.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AFC North - (Week 5)

CIN --------3-2 - (1-1)
Ravens ----3-2 - (1-0)
Browns -- -3-2 - (1-1)
PIT --------0-4 - (0-1)

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
(Week 6) Updates Half Time updates

Steelers are (up?) 9-6 VS NYJ,
CIN is beating Buffalo 17-10,
Baltimore down to GB 0-6
CLE beating DET 17-7

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Week 6 Final scores:

Steelers win! 19-6 VS NYJ
Baltimore lose 17-19 VS GB
Browns lose 17-31 VS DET
CIN wins 27-24 VS Bills in OT

Standings week 6

CIN- 4-2 (1-1)
BLT- 3-3 (1-0)
CLE- 3-3 (1-1)
PIT- 1-4 (0-1)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
quote=S3mper;2194437]
\"Mike Tomlin" The Pittsburgh Steelers Head coach, I'm not saying he's a bad coach though he does have huge shoes to fill following the great Bill Cowher. but he doesn't seem (to me) to be much of a discipliner, obviously I am NOT comparing his discipline to Cowhers because.. Well how could I? But I'm more referring to the fact that the Steelers are not as disciplined as they should be or as disciplined as a NFL team should be.

(Example) Le'veon Bell the 21 year old rookie RB from Michigan State who missed the first 3 games due to a foot injury, scored his first NFL rushing TD but it's the fashion he did it in. Which was a front flip into the corner of the End Zone.[/quote]

Mike Tomlin bans front flips in the End Zone and calls them "silly" and that "they could lead to injury"

Okay that is a step In the right direction. However I would choose a different word then "silly" such as "stupid" "idiotic" "ridiculous" or how about "unbecoming of a super bowl franchise team"

Also the reason behind banning them I would of put differently yes its true they can cause injuries it wouldn't of been the reason I would of highlighted I would of went more with the reason of "we look like a bunch of undisciplined dumb asses"

Mike Tomlin is young for a coach, but he needs to be much more assertive with his players and not their buddies..

here is a picture of what a NFL coach should be like

BC 2

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers beat the ravens with a FG at the end 19-16 this was a must win game and they did it unfortunately the Bengals beat Detroit, 2-4 still hope

will update final scores and standings once GB and CLE finish up

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers beat Ravens 19-16 @ Pitt
CIN beats Detroit 27-24
CLE loses to GB 13-31
Ravens lose to PIT 16-19

AFC North (Week 7)

CIN- 5-2 (1-1)
BLT- 3-4 (1-1)
CLE- 3-4 (1-1)
PIT - 2-4 (1-1)

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUGE WIN WHAT UP.
lol I know its a longshot but if the steelers win next week theyare tied with the ravens (they on a bye week I belive)
a long shot but lets see what happens.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers VS Oakland 2ma if Steelers win thy will have a tied record with Baltimore, if they lose that's pretty much the season...

Be nice if the Bengals would lose as well as a Steelers victory

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No confidence in the steelers this year they fumble the ball and make so many mental errors,not winning football

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What time is it? Football time!! Not soccer either good ol' fashioned hard hitting concussion bringing no flopping around AMERICAN Football!!

Don't know why I stopped this thread with the Oakland loss last year lol

They were one game from play offs and should have gone to the play offs if Kansas would of beat San Diego... OF course Kansas didn't play ANY of there starters and got robbed at the end of regulation when the refs missed an illegal formation penalty on the FG

Then made a terrible call on a fumble that was returned for a winning touchdown that didn't get called or got over turned (Can't remember now)

Any Ways That was last year this is this year!!!

Steelers have a lot of work to do.. I still think they should get rid of Tomlin and Todd Haley... Tomlin turns a 12-4 team into an 8-8 team
Todd Haley turns a 12-4 team into a 4-12 team..

I'll give them both half the year before I beat the shit out of them both... Well maybe not Tomlin because he is black (JK JK)

Seriously though stop wasting an Elite QB's youth

Game 1 - Starting it out with a conference match up against the Browns - I like it start it off with a team the Steelers historically beat specifically some one Ben Roethlisberger historically beats that is also a division game.

Steelers are favored to win by 6.5 (Which I thought I throw out there because I have a bet on the game lol)

Can't wait!!!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Week 0- The Teams

Steelers 0-0 ( 0-0)
Browns 0-0 (0-0)
Ravens 0-0 (0-0)
Bengals 0-0 (0-0)

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!
We get 1st crack at the SB Champs.
Looking forward to a shootout 35-31 GreenBay!
Go Pack Go.
#failmary #whynotusfluke #discountdoublechecked

Being born and raised in West Pa of course I grew up a Steeler fan!
Lost hope when I believe it was Mike Tomzak who threw 2 picks to a cowboy defender in the SB and i lost all hope.

Next year jumped on the Favre bandwagon and have not left since.
Aaron Rodgers has proven he can be that guy for a longtime.
I just hope Lacy stays healthy.

Feels good to have a 100yrd back with Aaron Rodgers. Looks to be a good Season
Sucks to lose Raji and our defense still needs improvement. Bunch of guys on IR aswell.
Preseason wasn't looking to well but maybe they can squeeze another wildcard Superbowl Win.:D :D (Pittsburgh that is)

Green Bay will always remain my fav team tho the steelers were 1st. I still watch all their games and my entire family (with exception to a few Eagle fans) are diehard fans.

So the SB win over them made it even better. hands down both teams in my opinion have the best franchises in History.

And not just all the tiltles which every steeler fan has that 1 argument.:rolleyes:

Yes yall have more SUPERBOWLS but GreenBay has won 9 championships(Only 4 SBs)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grew up about a half hour from Pittsburgh and am a die hard fan.
Lets go Steelers!!!!