John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good news...

^
https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/sunday-venom/ - sunday 1pm ET. buy-in is 630$ so search in a high stakes tournaments, but you can play in steps to this tournament. I play in a 0 step freeroll currently. ;)

I write here to say, that I tried to play on my linux - Ubuntu 16.04 and it works! I couldn't create an account, so I created it on my girlfriend PC with Windows. Then I logged on my Ubuntu and it works perfectly. One thing is that when I clicked on my avatar, in left-top corner appeared avatar variations and it don't disappear (screen attached). Everything is fine besides of that.
I use default configuration of WineHQ with Windows 10 imitation.

Glad to hear it works. I have been giving some serious thought to dumping Windows for linux OS. Have created a Ubuntu disk & playing with it to become familiar. Oct 2018 MS updates completely screwed up thousands of computers. Took me a couple of hours of online searches & recovery efforts to save my system. Not a word from MS. Best they could do was halt the update, split it in two & now the security half works but the optional half .Net does not. They combined them for the first time ever to trick users into downloading both.

Thank you for your post & God bless. Good to know poker is available w/o Windows.

:D :rolleyes: :cool:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyoneelse experiencing a lot of lag on the tables? I click to act and it takes 30 seconds to recognize my action and then autofolds me sometimes, cause it times out even though I bet. Happened 3x this week ( 3 DAYS MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY) and really bad right now. Thursday if I closed ACR to try to see if logging out and logging back in would work I couldn't get back in Try it on different computers too (same ISP and public IP) and same issue. Whish I wasn't in any sngs this blows

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyoneelse experiencing a lot of lag on the tables? I click to act and it takes 30 seconds to recognize my action and then autofolds me sometimes, cause it times out even though I bet. Happened 3x this week ( 3 DAYS MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY) and really bad right now. Thursday if I closed ACR to try to see if logging out and logging back in would work I couldn't get back in Try it on different computers too (same ISP and public IP) and same issue. Whish I wasn't in any sngs this blows

close to 7 am this popped up and shut ACR down,says its a server restart....

Attachments

• Screenshot (70).jpg
    Screenshot (70).jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 50
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. We do not charge any fees for crypto deposits/ withdrawals, most likely those fees were charged by your wallet. I suggest you to contact them directly for further details. Also, please take in consideration that the rate used for the conversion will be the one available at the moment the payout is processed. You will find more information here https://www.americascardroom.eu/bitcoin-poker/.

You guys sent it to me from HIT btc they charge a fee. My etherwallet does not. I am interested in getting comped a 10+1 ticket?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^
https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/sunday-venom/ - sunday 1pm ET. buy-in is 630$ so search in a high stakes tournaments, but you can play in steps to this tournament. I play in a 0 step freeroll currently. ;)

I write here to say, that I tried to play on my linux - Ubuntu 16.04 and it works! I couldn't create an account, so I created it on my girlfriend PC with Windows. Then I logged on my Ubuntu and it works perfectly. One thing is that when I clicked on my avatar, in left-top corner appeared avatar variations and it don't disappear (screen attached). Everything is fine besides of that.
I use default configuration of WineHQ with Windows 10 imitation.

I have two machines, one has Linux OS and the other is a laptop running Win 7 so I can play poker with. Would be nice to use Wine so I can dump the laptop.

Have you tried not showing Avatars via your settings. You can toggle those on/off. And if turned off, does that Avatar selection popup disappear?

I have my avatars set to not show. Quite frankly IMO, the avatars get boring after a while and are a distraction. Having them off allows you focus more on the player name.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two machines, one has Linux OS and the other is a laptop running Win 7 so I can play poker with. Would be nice to use Wine so I can dump the laptop.

Have you tried not showing Avatars via your settings. You can toggle those on/off. And if turned off, does that Avatar selection popup disappear?

I have my avatars set to not show. Quite frankly IMO, the avatars get boring after a while and are a distraction. Having them off allows you focus more on the player name.

When I turn off avatars it's still there. When it don't want to disappear, it's enough to close the table and sit again. Restarting client not always runs so smooth, always i have to kill 'wineserver' process via terminal, then when i run client again it often freeze or prompt an error. Restarting system or log out helps (sometimes i have to restart twice). Probably there's some other process still running after closing the client. Maybe some spyware like in pokerstars... ^^
I have always security warning on client start - screen above. Maybe ACR Rep could answer if it's something to worry about? I installed App from real ACR site i guess...

Attachments

• sec warn acr.png
    sec warn acr.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 48
A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When is the Venom Tournament scheduled and in which room ???

Hi, sorry for the late response. The Venom will be running every single Sunday at 1pm ET, with $1,000,000 guaranteed for a $2,650 buy-in. It will be ran in every WPN skin. Let me know if you have any other question so I can assist you.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Are you still having issues with our poker client? Let me know so I can help you out.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You guys sent it to me from HIT btc they charge a fee. My etherwallet does not. I am interested in getting comped a 10+1 ticket?

Hi, I apologize for the late response. I have checked it with our Payouts Department and noticed the charge. They have credited your account with a $10+$1 ticket. Let me know if you have any other issue or concern so I can assist you with it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there anyway for the tournaments not to go into hand-for-hand play until there is 1 spot left until the money instead of 3?

Seems like this adds a ton of time to the tourney and sitting paused at bubble you lose chances to steal blinds/antes.

Hand-for-Hand should start with 151 people left if 150 places pay not 153.

NO. For example in a live tournie hand-for-hand starts at 160 if 150 places pay.

So, 3 spots is ok. It does go more quickly if there are more tables.

Good luck !

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks, just personal preference then..gotcha!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I've been on Rake Back for so long that I forgot the reward system for non rake back players but IIRC there becomes a point where being a non rakeback player because more beneficial than rake back. Depending on how much you play/rake contributed.

You'd have to pull up the numbers and do the math to see for sure unless someone knows off the top of their head.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I've been on Rake Back for so long that I forgot the reward system for non rake back players but IIRC there becomes a point where being a non rakeback player because more beneficial than rake back. Depending on how much you play/rake contributed.

You'd have to pull up the numbers and do the math to see for sure unless someone knows off the top of their head.
I think it was was either Major or or entry level General? But the achieve the the status where it's worth it is ungodly I had completed the Captain phase and still self removed myself for the rakeback option. Then it took them over two months to actually make the change in the system. Also beware because they said your rewards would roll right over effective the day of the request even if the update hadn't taken place on the in game menu. Shocker they didn't and it's too big a pain to fight about it so I just let it go. But if your changing over make sure you keep track no matter what they say. Trying to get something accomplished though their customer service is I believe very similar to a frog trying to convince a rock to give it oral sex? Point being your just going to get stone walled so don't waste your time!

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online Tournament Results

Is there something wrong with the Online Tournament Results that you provide? There are two tournaments that I am looking for and both of them have not been released yet. Usually they appear the next morning, but so far there is nothing.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday Results Miissing as Well

Is there something wrong with the Online Tournament Results that you provide? There are two tournaments that I am looking for and both of them have not been released yet. Usually they appear the next morning, but so far there is nothing.

I looked up a tournament from Saturday and it has lead-in details such as who won, prize pool, date/time, etc. but the table for the results are blank.

It appears that something has been amiss for the last three days.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I turn off avatars it's still there. When it don't want to disappear, it's enough to close the table and sit again. Restarting client not always runs so smooth, always i have to kill 'wineserver' process via terminal, then when i run client again it often freeze or prompt an error. Restarting system or log out helps (sometimes i have to restart twice). Probably there's some other process still running after closing the client. Maybe some spyware like in Pokerstars... ^^
I have always security warning on client start - screen above. Maybe ACR Rep could answer if it's something to worry about? I installed app from real ACR site i guess...

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide me with the OS (operating system) of your computer? Do you get any error message? If you have any other detail that might be useful let me know, so that I can better help you.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I looked up a tournament from Saturday and it has lead-in details such as who won, prize pool, date/time, etc. but the table for the results are blank.

It appears that something has been amiss for the last three days.

Hi Shady Slim. Could you please provide with the tournaments ID or names? You can send it via private message if you would like to. Let me know so I can take a look into it.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide me with the OS (operating system) of your computer? Do you get any error message? If you have any other detail that might be useful let me know, so that I can better help you.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 and play via Wine software. I know it's not officially supported but it works for me. Error message is in the screen i attached to the post you quoted. "[...]certificate is issued by unknown or untrusted publisher.".

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Shady Slim. Could you please provide with the tournaments ID or names? You can send it via private message if you would like to. Let me know so I can take a look into it.

PM sent. Patiently waiting.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the jump from 50 cent on demands to 5 dollar on demands is a big one,
can you think about adding a 1,2,2.50, etc.
from .50 to 5 .00 is a canyon leap not a ladder step

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have Ubuntu 16.04 and play via Wine software. I know it's not officially supported but it works for me. Error message is in the screen i attached to the post you quoted. "[...]certificate is issued by unknown or untrusted publisher.".

I am glad to see that you are able to run it even though it is not supported by us yet, as you mentioned. I would recommend you to use a Windows computer, in case you have one so you can take advantage of all the features without any issue. However, I have sent the feedback to our developers so that they could implement it in the future. Let me know if you have any other question.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beast double points ends Friday at Americas Cardroom

Americas Cardroom has been running a promotion the last few weeks and we want to remind you that there’s just a few days left.

You get double Beast points by playing 6 Plus Hold’em Cash Games through this Friday, November 9th.

This is great timing with the Beast Daily Rake Race running through the end of November.

You can win up to $500 each day, plus a satellite ticket that could turn into an $8,340 Cage Live package to Costa Rica.

Click here for full details on the Beast Daily Rake Race.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget about Function keys F1 F2 and F3 (Fold, Call, Raise)

I only recently noticed you can press F1 F2 and F3, Fold, Call and Raise for hot keys.

Just thought I'd share if anyone wasn't aware.

This is for WPN skins.

ACR/True/Black etc

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has any1 ever won the Jackpot tournaments at any $2,$10,$40??

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom runs non-stop promotions throughout the year.

One of the recent ones was the Online Super Series that had $3.5 Million in guarantees, including a Million Dollar Sunday.

Another was the $1.5 Million High Five Tournament Series that lets players “smoke the competition”.

Did you play in either of these series? If so, comment and let us know which one you prefer.

KlBPFeH.jpg

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom runs non-stop promotions throughout the year.

One of the recent ones was the Online Super Series that had $3.5 Million in guarantees, including a Million Dollar Sunday.

Another was the $1.5 Million High Five Tournament Series that lets players “smoke the competition”.

Did you play in either of these series? If so, comment and let us know which one you prefer.

Personally I did not play any of these. But if I may offer a suggestion, maybe you should make another post with a poll in it here at CC. Easier to see which way people are leaning and you will get a lot more responses. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.