What do you do while playing poker?

J

jimmy62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An old proverb (music calms the savage beast).It also helps me personally focus on the task at hand,winning.Although it doesnt always work, (tilt mode),I always get a more harmonius outcome.

S

sousacampos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ocassionaly I listen music. And read/listen about poker.

C

corrupted15

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't listen to music at all. Too distracting. I need 100% focus, especially multitabling. Maybe something like Jazz isn't bad for me as it keeps me in a calm mood. I need 100% focus to concentrate on my decisions, as mistakes can be costly.
But I do take really small breaks to stand up and do some stretching and stuff.

R

Remko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to relaxing piano music. It helps me to not get as emotionally involved as I normally would be when the decisions get tougher.

T

Tumoqpeu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two monitors, so on 1 I play poker and on the other I try to focus myself by listening to or watching something relaxing.

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus on playing cards, other stuff is a distraction.

SloPowers

SloPowers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will often catch up on a tv show while playing online. Sometimes I multi-table but generally the 2nd game is only a diversion and will suffer as a result!

But my style is tight, aggressive and for that you need patience! If I am card dead for a period of time, I find these diversions help me to stay patient and just hit the 'fold' button rather than trying to make something happen!

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if im playing low stakes im probably drinking, if im playing for big money, I am fully conctrating on my game. If your getting bored than multi table or put on some music, or move up in stakes but only if your winning and bored at your level

G

gipetto541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i like to do...

i like to watch sports and smoke weed

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I listen music but rarely.

I prefer just to be focus on poker: take notes, search for other players of my table results, understand my opponents style of play Reading their hands when I'm not envolved in the pot...

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I listen music but rarely.

I prefer just to be focus on poker: take notes, search for other players of my table results, understand my opponents style of play Reading their hands when I'm not envolved in the pot...

And you cant do that while listening music?

Huwww

Huwww

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just listen to music, I found if I ever started to browse the web watch videos etc. my game would deteriorate.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do while playing poker?

Nothing, I play poker....

F

FreshFeeling99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watching some other players play on twitch

G

gipetto541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch sports

i think you have to do something to keep your attention while lags in tourneys or waiting for cash games, otherwise its easy to get burnt out. watch tv, read, listen to music.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm already sitting at my computer I try to use that time to go through emails or surf the internet. Helps me stay patient.

vvanns

vvanns

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
focus on the games, so no youtube or tv or whatever, really -EV guys! I just listen to music, reggea , to sooth me in case of bad beats :p

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much spending time in poker forums and reading blogs (both poker and other) while playing.

I also have a Spotify playlist which I listen during playing. Just songs without words, so I can concentrate to play more and keep my feelings up.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to concentrate as much as
possible on game I listen not
to a loud music and to
anybody I don't talk

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch TV, mainly soccer or a good movie. Sometimes I listen to music. :) I also like eating delicious food while I'm playing poker. :p

C

crystalakeyd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually have some music on,
sometimes I also watch some Youtube videos but usually music,