black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?
In my opinion, chess is a more difficult game. Poker also cannot be called an easy game, but chess, which has been played for hundreds of years, is a deeper, more strategic and more serious game.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think poker is more difficult, because you always have to analyze the players, we don't always have good hands and we have to play on technique.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what do you mean? "What is harder?" To learn? to master?> To win? To get rank points?
Two completely different things.

Which is harder? Chemistry or Physics?
Which is harder, Terraforming Mars or exceeding limits of chemical propulsion?

Overall, the rules of play are relatively simple in both. In the end though, you can play a perfect game in poker and lose. When you play a perfect game in Chess the worst you should expect is a draw.

That said, an 1800 ranked chess player is going to beat a 600 rank player every game.
In poker, anyone can beat anyone in a single game...thought the odds are still in the favour of the pro.

So harder/easier isn't really a useful qualifier.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It's very silly to compare poker and chess! Chess is skill and talent, poker is just luck and luck)) In terms of difficulty and skill, poker is far behind chess
Poker is luck and luck? Lmao, tell me you’re not good at poker without telling me you’re not good at poker.

kishamania

kishamania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
chess does not tolerate mistakes
poker is more loyal, since there is His Majesty's bluff

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is way harder. My bluffs never get through.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is luck and luck? Lmao, tell me you’re not good at poker without telling me you’re not good at poker.
U are answering to a 3.5 year old post and that member u are answering to has not been active since 3 years 🥲

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very different games, hard to compare.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's difficult in both areas

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, in my opinion chess is much harder to play than poker, for the following reasons:
It is much easier to win in MTT poker than in chess.
If you play 50 hands of poker against the best in the world, you will win at least once, but in chess, if you play 50 games against Magnus Carlsen, you will certainly not win one.
After learning the theory of poker, which on average takes 1 year, it is already possible to make money playing micro limits. In chess, it takes years to learn the theory, openings, variations and subvariations, which is much more difficult.
In poker, you can make a few mistakes and still win money or win an MTT, in chess, if you make a mistake playing against the chess elite, you will most likely lose the game.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe chess is the harder one to master. You see many people transition from chess to poker and do well but not so much the other way around.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is more difficult, but poker is more profitable)

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Comparing chess and poker in terms of difficulty depends on the criteria you use. Chess is purely a game of skill with complete information and deterministic outcomes based on player moves, making it complex in strategy and requiring deep analytical thinking. Poker, however, involves both skill and elements of luck, with incomplete information and a significant psychological component. Poker requires understanding probabilities, reading opponents, and managing risk. Each game has its own complexities: chess in strategic depth and poker in psychological and probabilistic nuances. Which is harder varies by individual strengths and preferences.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
În my opinion poker îs way harder then chess, because involve very much the factor of LUCK 😂😂😂.. never lucky 😅

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's clearly chess. There is no luck in chess. Poker is riddled with luck.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course Poker. Because you need to be a good player and also count on luck too.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't compare the two games but,
you can be the best in chess and win all your games.
in poker, you can be the best and it still guarantees nothing. :oops:

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?
I think chess is a more difficult game. Let me explain. For example, a beginner can be taught to play poker, that is, to understand the basics for an elementary game, in just 1-2 hours. That is, 1-2 hours is enough to just start playing poker. As for chess, it takes much more time for preliminary training, to understand and start playing.