What's Harder Chess or Poker?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sorry for answering a question with a question. And I’m just wondering what you think is more difficult: running or swimming :ROFLMAO:

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?
In general, I would not compare chess and poker, as these are different games that are not related to each other in any way. But for me personally, chess is more difficult than poker. Why? Because in poker there are different ways to success: it's patience, it's playing on your opponent's mistakes, it's luck in the end. :unsure:

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because poker involve randomness, I think that it is harder to master it.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
harder to win? so my pick would be poker is harder to win the main prize, when you figure you are competing against sometimes hundreds to become first , the odds are against you. In chess , you have one opponent and if you are good at predicting 3 or 4 moves ahead your chances of winning are greater than in poker.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Completely different games. Chess a game of skill and intellect. Poker a game of bullies, luck, scumbags and lowlife.

I love both equally.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Chess is harder for me, reason:I have less experience playing chess.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You can foresee in chess; in poker you can only take risks and assume)

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I’ve been playing chess for quiet a while, and it is very difficult to become a master; there is no luck to save you. I don’t have a lot experience in poker, but I´ve read quiet a few books. I can say that both games are difficult to master. Which one is harder? I don’t know yet.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You have tried to win chess based on luck only. You can't do it.
There is an element of luck in chess, usually when a player over-estimates the value of winning the exchange or something of that nature, but overwhelmingly the better player (on the day) wins.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its harder on poker because you have much more decisions than in chess

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They're two mind sports! Complicated...
I think chess is more difficult.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
chess will be much more difficult than poker, you need to think for 4-7 moves to know how to play poker is much easier to know what kind of opponent he is and learn him by playing against him, but in poker you can make a lot of money that you can't make money playing chess

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Chess is not a game of chance. You can make mistakes in poker and win, but can't win in chess.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i've played both and i think it's hard to compare the two. if I had to choose I would say poker but only because there's an aspect of luck/randomness that is not really there in Chess

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
chess is more difficult than poker.In chess, you have to think several moves ahead and several options at once, and keep them all in mind. in poker, you always play one specific hand))) in poker, there is nothing that needs to be thought out several cards in advance, but in a specific hand, think with a range. and if you have thrown off the cards, then you do not need to think about the passing hand at all))

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, chess is more difficult - it is a game of exceptional intelligence and skill and only without any amount of randomness and luck. Here no one will “twist” the fools so that they can defeat grandmasters without knowing the slightest basics of defense, classical gambits, otherwise “they will leave and will no longer bring money here” (I think you all understand the analogy)

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are both equally easy to learn and difficult to master. Success depends your opponent.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No matter which one we look at, continuous training and learning is essential for both of them.
It's pointless to compare, you have to invest a lot of time in each of them if you want to enter the history books.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker in the most depends on luck and chess depends on skills and planing. It's difficult compare those games but i think poker is much easier to learn and play.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that without a doubt the game of chess is more difficult than the game of poker, and more demanding on the skills of the player. If in poker you have a chance to win relying only on luck, then in chess you do not have such a chance.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, chess is more difficult, I think I am not very prepared to play a game with someone who knows at least something. In poker I do have experience and I am more prepared, but everything is the study of the game and that's it.