Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?
In my opinion, poker is quite a difficult game, but chess is definitely more difficult. Personally, chess has always been a very difficult game for me, I took a long time to learn how to play it, and to be honest, I never really learned it :)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
poker because when you play against several players at the same time and there is luck or variance which does not exist in chess

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess, off course.....

However I prefer poker

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?
My mind works better with Poker, however I see a lot of Chess players telling Poker is harder! Is just a matter of mindset!

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I consider chess to be more varied or comprehensive. I believe that the essence of each is very different.
In poker, the problem I see is that you have to play with little information, deduce, and make decisions based on conjecture.
In chess, you can see everything; the problem lies in whether or not you're capable of seeing it.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One a game who utilizes brain other luck so easy choice.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't really know how to respond to this one. Both games are deep but one has many more variables while the other the best player mostly will win. I think it might be chess but who knows.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think both are easy to understand, but chess requires more strategy/skill then poker. Poker you have to rely on luck and not in chess. There no "one time" in chess. ;)

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
as you get past a certain age in poker you can still get better , but in chess you begin to forget so much you already had learned .its just impossible to remember all the main lines of play . there is no chance to forestall getting older !

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Chess is definitely more difficult, I know from my own experience that knowledge, skills and memory are useful in both games, but chess is definitely at the forefront of all "games".

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is much more difficult. To win at chess, you just need to play chess better than your opponent, be smarter, more experienced than him. This is not enough for poker - you need to read your opponent’s thoughts and hide your own.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's very silly to compare poker and chess! Chess is skill and talent, poker is just luck and luck)) In terms of difficulty and skill, poker is far behind chess!
Well, if you think that poker is all about luck and fortune, then you simply don’t know anything about poker.

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Poker is harder.
People stated before in this post that poker is based on luck, i would say that if you are playing the luck game you never really played poker before.

Now the luck factor is what makes poker harder. In chess if you play better than your oponent, you will win. In the long run, poker is exactly like that, but in individual hands, poker is a game that you can do the right play and still lose.

Chess is litterally black and white, while poker is not.
Finally someone talking some sense and there is also money on the line, chess if you loose you loose, poker you can do everything right as you said and loose and you have to accept it, that's harder in my opinion to accept than accepting I lost to someone with a higher rating its an objectifiable thing. Chess skill is easily measured, and if you measure poker in the short term as being easier you might just be playing for fun, not actually trying to succeed in it i.e. becoming a winning player or even making a career out of it. Its very clear who are the more capable players just judging by the answers given to this particular question hahahaha. Of course its a game at the end of the day enjoy it or take it as serious as you will ! Challenge me in chess if you like also, or HU poker I'm down also !

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I think chess is more difficult than poker.
I think you're right in a sense regarding the game like the cards vs the pieces but poker involves much more like the mind, phschology intimidation, things embedded in human nature, its much more multifaceted than chess, that's why I prefer poker to chess!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A few many years ago, on my birthday, I got a chess game from my son, a stone board (marble type) with glass pieces, it's still in the box and well kept, I didn't learn how to play, to tell the truth I didn't try, the only thing I learned is that the horse walks in L shape

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I have not seen any of the other comments so my answer is not influenced .chess is not a game of luck 🍀. So I would say that poker is harder.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, since I'm honestly a very limited person, poker is something simpler to have a certain understanding and resourcefulness than chess.
although for me the frustrations arising from variance are much more destructive and overwhelming than in chess, as I see it as something much more exact than poker.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I played a little bit of chess, and I think that chess is more difficult because winning takes a long time. Winning is at the end of the game, but in poker you can win with a few hands and not continue playing until the end.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's an interesting question.

In my experience chess is much more difficult to play. As many have stated above, there is no luck involved in Chess but there definitely is in Poker. Chess requires multidimensional thinking. You absolutely must think a number of steps ahead to be an advanced player. Whereas poker only requires focus on the here and now, maybe a step or two ahead, maybe.

I know young children who can play chess, and play it well yet wouldn't have a clue playing Texas Holdem. Perhaps that's because chess is very much rules based and poker is more people based.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I started playing chess at school, I learned the game but I didn't develop it and I didn't continue my evolution. I started playing poker in 2008, even though I play recreationally, I continue to play almost every day. In my opinion, I had more difficulty with chess, I think it's more difficult.