Poker Superstitions & Lucky Charms: Do you have any?

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i hace my lucky earrings my grandma give to me i use for things i may need some luck

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I don't believe in any of this I am fairly rational person however just in case before final table I pray to few pagan gods just to be on the safe side. Nothing is lost at least... at least that's what I believe.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, I don't have superstitions, I care to be in a condition as better as it can be, and play carefully and focused.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't have any particular item. I will use something that has enough heft to make it impossible to accidentally muck my cards. My favorite is a brass donkey. I have seen people watching me closely when I use as if they are trying to get a read on my play.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Someone told me you need to cross your finders and toes when you get it in with pocket 44's to win with them.

I am not particularly superstitious I don't have any routine or lucky charms. What I look for is what cards mostly pocket pairs that are hot on the day.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
2 things:

-When im running good i dont withdraw and dont send money to other player because i dont want to activate that famous cashout doomswitch.

-I normally deposit a small amount before playing any real money game(s). To activate that depositor rungood boost.

😉
i like your thinking !

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
my superstition is pocket kings seemingly losing way more than they should in tournaments .i cant make them work often enough no matter how i play ..... min raising , pot raising , limp reshoving .... something always seems to go awry . its driving me crazy .

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Well...I pray before sleeping.. Pray for health, luck and success.

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no superstitions, I don't believe in signs, rituals or amulets. The only thing I believe in is my skills, experience and patience, and although it doesn't always work, it's a realistic and adequate approach to the game :)

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I believe that luck and good fortune smile upon the champion.
Becoming a poker champion requires a positive mindset, preparation and practice, discipline , a conducive environment, calculated risks, intuition, and courage. If your lucky charm includes all of this, then you are a champion, or on the path to becoming one!

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
When I was racing cars it was considered bad luck to eat peanuts at the race track. I have carried that over to poker and I will not eat peanuts while playing poker.
Yes, peanuts on a race track is not good, as on the poker table.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Superstitions are prevalent in many aspects of life, including poker. Some players believe in rituals or behaviors that they think will bring them luck or avoid bad outcomes. While superstitions can provide psychological comfort or a sense of control, poker outcomes are ultimately determined by skill, strategy, and chance. Many successful players focus on these factors rather than superstitions to maintain a competitive edge.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't believe i have any superstitions and i don't have a lucky charm either i just play and hope for the best out come :D.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
None. I've run like the sun and know it's pure luck when the cards play themselves, but these are so few and far between that I just ride the wave when it's there.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't play live, but I have a failsafe good luck charm when I play online, my beautiful wife. Whenever I have a strong hand and am about to put a lot of money in the middle I call for her to join me in the room. She says a quick prayer just as I hit the bet button. It literally works every time. Try doing that live. My luck is miserable without her, in more ways than I can explain here.

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I don't play live, but I have a failsafe good luck charm when I play online, my beautiful wife. Whenever I have a strong hand and am about to put a lot of money in the middle I call for her to join me in the room. She says a quick prayer just as I hit the bet button. It literally works every time. Try doing that live. My luck is miserable without her, in more ways than I can explain here.
I wish you lots of luck!

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
not superstitious, there are no talismans... the only thing I believe in is that if you play well, the bankroll will grow at a distance))

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but we need to come up with)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't have any lucky charms and I don't believe in their supernatural power either. What I do believe in, though, is in mindset and materialization of our thoughts. So if someone feels luckier or more confident, when they have their lucky charm with them (or when they have done whatever their superstition is saying them to do), then I do believe it could be so. Or if someone got really upset that they lost, left or forgot their lucky charm, this can influence their mood and set their mindset on the negative "wave", and then they gonna be expecting bad luck or will explain otherwise pretty regular events as consequences of not having their lucky charm with them. I do believe in such things and in such influence, but the root is in the mindset, not in the lucky charm/superstition itself. I don't object people's lucky charms or superstitions - I'm all for whatever helps fellow humans to handle this life :)

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I'm not superstitious, but I know how to use superstition as a trick for another player when I notice that he follows my gestures at the table.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In general, I don't have any superstitions at the table, instead I have with me every time I play live, a lucky talisman received from my grandmother, that is a small crucifix that always takes care of me and I feel that it also brings me luck

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the past before Covid I played all my games with my Doylesroom gear! When I resume live play it will be with my Cardschat gear!!!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is the only precaution I keep. If you are unlucky, you need to take a break, otherwise there will be financial losses, time losses and, as a result, disappointment.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't believe in superstition and never have. but if people like to believe in it, then why not, it seems to me that self-consolation works more here