Poker Superstitions & Lucky Charms: Do you have any?

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I don't really have any superstitions. I don't believe much in good or bad luck. No one person is any luckier or unluckier then other in the long run specially in games like poker where there is plenty of skill involved.

I do however believe in good and bad karma. I do what I can to keep or build up good karma in the old karma bank.

Cheers!!!

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I used to have happy headphones that I have to put them on my head, which is not very convenient for me. Before playing, I changed my usual headphones to happy ones and immersed myself in the world of poker dreams:D. One day, a dog decided to taste the soft pads. :ROFLMAO:
Last night while I was struggling with the game for silver on the replay, I fixed my son's scooter, it was at a friend's house and two bison chewed every centimeter of the cable 🤣😀

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I used to have happy headphones that I have to put them on my head, which is not very convenient for me. Before playing, I changed my usual headphones to happy ones and immersed myself in the world of poker dreams:D. One day, a dog decided to taste the soft pads. :ROFLMAO:
I don't wear anything special and I don't use amulets or anything like that, but I know that I make great efforts too many times 🤣🤣🤣 to recover from an excess of soft drinks 😉 to at least be able to sit down to me to do my duty to my colleagues (I often do it with horror)..... so the only superstition I have is that I drink another beer or something and I won't recover. It happens to me once or twice times a week but exactly when it shouldn't.🥺

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No superstition no lucky objects for me . I never had and I LL me er believe in such things . It's just lucky cards , skill , read the opponents at the table and scammers/scamming methods and techniques )) nothing else can alter the outcome . Magic objects that increase your luck do not exist .

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Meditation is my only ritual that I have always followed for many years. Meditation is very good at helping me to stay focused and patient for long periods of time and it helps me to achieve good results.

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
No, I don't have any superstitions or any rituals that I follow at the moment. That doesn't mean though that I won't have any sentimental objects that I will carry with me when going to a live game in the future.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't believe in that. To succeed in a sport you have to work hard. Superstitions remain beliefs that have no impact on the outcome.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a superstition...and it's a strange one I'll admit.

Many years ago when bar poker was a big thing I played in a city league that had tournanemts 3 nights a week and ended up getting to 10 final tables, heads-up only once and lost it. So when the championship night came along, I was travelling back from work 2 hours away in a dress shirt and slacks and had to go directly to the venue for the tournament. I was the only one "dressed up" so to speak.

I took almost all of the chip leader's chips when he tried to bluff me on the river with a shove...after turning a full house
I limped to the final table of 10 when I doubled up twice - AA v AK, AK v AQ and then proceeded to knock out half the final table on my way to the only win I had that year.

So I started showing up at events dressed up :)

billibooo

billibooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am a superstitious or ritualistic person lol and I do have things I like to do too. I must always be in the same seat. I usually listen to the same songs or watch the same show :) and I have my poker mantra I like to repeat during important decisions.

This was a fun question to answer and to read what everyone else wrote. Nicely done CC and Mattiebumpo <3

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have a bracelet and a specific place where I play at home, I play with my phone and I have the facility to play in that specific place

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always wear a hoodie over my head in some online tournaments to feel focused like a live one! Even though I haven't played live yet... it's training okay

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I dont have any and dont believe in any superstitions. I just play poker using my skills and knowledge, and dont rely on spirituality or lucky items since those things are used by satan to initiate people unto his dark kingdom

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Nope, nothing here😜.. As long i have a decent meal for starting playing poker i am good to go 😁

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I do not believe in any superstitions, more precisely, I do not believe, but simply do not use it.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
None for me, I'm not the superstitious type. If others believe in them and can get some mental benefit then I'm all for it though.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, nothing like that.. Except that it would be more comfortable to put pillows on the sofa under my back and legs.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't believe in signs, superstitions, rituals or amulets. My "ritual" is to take a dose of my daily pills, which, after the heart attack, I will be taking for the rest of my life. Although I have a colleague who has a favourite T-shirt, and he only plays in it. Although to me, he looks like a shipwreck survivor in this shirt.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello, I think that they are just for personal peace of mind and do not bring real results.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Superstition or not, I don't know, but playing poker with a bad mood is not working fine for me so I don't play in such a condition.
Since poker is also a game of mental stability this can be named a superstition.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My ritual is drinking a cold beer while playing. Without beer, it's hard for me to play and even harder to play patiently and disciplined. I don't know about you, but beer has a very positive effect on me, I become calm, focused and patient enough to play a good game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To be honest I really don't have any superstitions I follow when playing poker. I do have 2 things I do fairly religiously before playing poker.

I tend to meditate prior to playing my session. I do this to relax and get into the right state of mind. The 2nd is more of a live think. I like to have a chocolate milk as I start playing or just before. I drink this throughout the tournament as well. Why? I t keeps me from getting hungry at the table and its good for me. :)

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont have amulets, but I have some rituals. I do breathing exercises before a tournament and I try to visualize myself with a good final result 😉 and I like to listen calm music that keeps me concentrated. 🙂

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play in PS a 4.40 tournament with late registration starting at 19.10 local time every day. Noticed that if I enter after 19.40, I`m always in money and often on the final table.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It seems strange, but I only play poker with my cockatiel.
every time I played without it I didn't get far.