What would you do when your hands are beaten every time?

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
leave the table, go home and cry in the shower.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have long followed a simple rule. If I see that the day is not my day, I just leave and do other important things. I would just get up and leave.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had exactly the same situation a couple of days ago in one of the freerolls, and unfortunately, I tilted and lost all my chips against him. It can be really frustrating, but I think the right decision is to avoid playing hands with him

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You're sitting at a cash game and this one player keeps beating you continuously, no matter what you have and no matter what he's holding. He has called your raises every time and beat your prime hands with any junk cards.
What should you do?

de04e848162c8b58feefb45345cf28fe.png

Leave the table? Stay out of his way? Or keep trying to get your money back from him?

Thanks to @najisami for this topic idea
There have been situations like this. this makes you very angry and you start not playing but going on tilt

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Leave the table and never come back , never play against this player . And put all other players at the table at the potential black list , as suspects for collision ( helping the big winner of the table ?? ) . That is what I would do . Live or online )))

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would take a break, stay out of the way.
Just today i lost my game to such a player in the freeroll.
Since it was a freeroll and a weekend, i don't have time to play much.
But yes any other time i would avoid such players..

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first, I would ask for a new deck and then if it continues, it’s just not my day. I would just come back another day or move to another table😎

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The question doesn't even need to be pondered. In such a situation, I would just get up and leave. Why keep losing money if you can avoid it :)

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Start playing smaller tournaments, go to the freeroll, I play recreationally, there are times when everything really goes wrong, but then, with patience and study, you will hit the nail on the head

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
understandably this is a psychological problem on your part, he beats you with a trash hand, you can wait and attack his wide range or you can leave and end the day is the last choice. I will do the first action "Fall where you double there"

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will get up from the table, playing angry and against a specific player is not a good idea, it is better to take a break and come back when you are calm.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's normal to be irritated by this situation, but I would understand it as a short-term variation, basically I would play tighter against him, looking to see the flop, without going ALL IN or RAISES before the pre-flop.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When things aren't going your way in this game, what you should do is get up and leave, another day will be better, that way you can take a break.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best solution is to leave the table. Such situations are a trap for those who have problems with discipline, self-control or patience. If you are able to get up and leave the table in such a situation, then everything is not so bad and the prospects are generally quite good :)

ms_attack

ms_attack

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Best to get up and find a new table as this will have an impact on my game. I would change my game to get this player back the money he took from me, but it won't work. So get up and leave.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If my hands lose for a certain period of time, I start to get nervous and lose control. And that's unacceptable! So I take a sit-out and go out to smoke a cigarette or do some breathing exercises to distract myself and calm down — a few minutes is enough. Then I start analyzing my mistakes and making adjustments to my playing style. If changes don't happen, I simply end the game with the feeling that it's better to stop such a streak than to continue slowly going on tilt. Hitting the walls or the device you're playing on is not an option; it doesn't work! I try to focus on the process, not the outcome.
And also, it's good that I live alone, and in moments when my hands lose for quite a long time - a wonderful and melodic curse (a set of swear words) at the top of my lungs helps, like a meditative practice!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would try to avoid him, even with AA!!! It happend to me online, wow very mad i was

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
in a cash game if i had lost that many hands already i would be long gone . its hard enough to overcome the rake as it is , and on an unlucky day i would not be able to think straight either .take some time off and battle a different day .... adios amigos .

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`ll use my time as a weapon. Slow play for a long period, after that fast and again slow.

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Leave the table.
It will be good for my health and for my finances. I think it would be a mistake to continue playing in this situation.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hopefully you need to be within hailing distance of my age to have this first reaction, I'd opt out of church school & give public education a try. o_O

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not leave the table or go after him but I would still play against him when I had a playable hand. He is getting lucky overall and we are running badly. As long as I am not tilting I would stay in the game. This is exactly the type of player we want calling our raises. Plays junk and over values his hands. While i would never chase my losses the +EV is way to good to stop playing him.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it is obvious that it is not your day. Just play the big blind and hope that your luck begins to change. Tomorrow is another day.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are running bad, get up and go. I gave up cash games years ago and have never regretted it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands