****Vinylspiros smashEMup@5NL***thread

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is something that i have never used ,so do you actually think it has improved your poker a lot or is it just a visual aid? me personally ive always liked the idea of beating a player man to man with no electronic aids ,but a lot of people are using them now so what do you actually think? good investment or just an aid to help remember how people play?

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My critique is that you should have resized the picture so it can be seen in full :D

As for the graph:
1) I think Zoom should be separate since it is quite different from normal ring games. This also helps you see if you should play it at all or maybe even focus on it more.
2) You should add EV line, since in my experience that is a big influence short term (example: yesterday I was 23$ below EV in 5NL over 1.5k hands (!) and ended the day with a loss of 22.8$, meaning I was actually "virtually" break even for the day).
3) If I was you I would try seeing if I changed anything after the good start (maybe you got ****y and started being too aggressive?).

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya and thats before we even think about how badly we played post flop ha

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vinyl, wtf happened after 10k hands???!!! :D

We need to find a 12 step program for you, the first thing I think you need to accept is that you are an aggrodonk at heart, then we'll find you a sponsor lmao! ;)

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My theory is that he started out normally (and in profit) and then reverted to aggrodonking :D

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dat blue line doe

imo vinyl that is not a swing. losing way to much when going to showdown. Although it is cool to have a red line like that you need to find a balance in your aggression!
Don't be afraid to give up on a pot now and then lol.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know, i know guys. guilty as charged. its crappy. LOL. its alright though. this is the most fun ive ever had with 25$ and also the lessons have been invaluable. its alearning process. for the first time after three years i bought a hud and have been using it for like 2 weeks and i already feel my game getting better. Gimme some time and ill make it rain on dem hoes.LOL.

In the meantime ive moved to 10NL. and i find it to be alot easier. i got 100 bucks and cant play at this limit anymore. its gotten boring.challenge is still on. roll is at 100 despite losing in cash(tourneys went well) and todays 10NL session went alright . so lets see what happens.

@LD: do u always have to be so pesimistic.?:p line is real,aint no filtering whatsoever going on there. those are everysingle 5NL hand i have played from the beginning of the month untill today. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

ive never seen anyone question a losing graph?:confused:

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is todays 10NL session. i just finished a 20 minutes ago. yes LD i sware its not edited. its real and no i didnt download it from the internet:p:p BACK IN BUSINESS YOOOOOO

ScreenHunter 37 Jul 16 0042

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My critique is that you should have resized the picture so it can be seen in full :D

As for the graph:
1) I think Zoom should be separate since it is quite different from normal ring games. This also helps you see if you should play it at all or maybe even focus on it more.
2) You should add EV line, since in my experience that is a big influence short term (example: yesterday I was 23$ below EV in 5NL over 1.5k hands (!) and ended the day with a loss of 22.8$, meaning I was actually "virtually" break even for the day).
3) If I was you I would try seeing if I changed anything after the good start (maybe you got ****y and started being too aggressive?).

good points though LD. yea i deffo need to stop aggrodonking.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinyl, wtf happened after 10k hands???!!! :D

We need to find a 12 step program for you, the first thing I think you need to accept is that you are an aggrodonk at heart, then we'll find you a sponsor lmao! ;)

LOL, i gotta get this aggrodonkness out of my system. im addicted to aggrodonking. its just disgusting.:damnmate:

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vinly; we know you like the aggro lines..but as stated..it's no good and doesn't work at micros. If you want to move up, just play a solid ABC game for 50k hands; you'll move up. Once you hit 25nl+ you can focus on your fancy play but if you carry on, I'm being honest you'll end up getting sick of grinding micros because you'll end up breaking even because it simply just doesn't work :(

Just stay disciplined man, I enjoy reading your thread but I have a feeling you'll get sick of it soon if you don't move up and the only way of moving up out of 5nl; is playing solid poker.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinly; we know you like the aggro lines..but as stated..it's no good and doesn't work at micros. If you want to move up, just play a solid ABC game for 50k hands; you'll move up. Once you hit 25nl+ you can focus on your fancy play but if you carry on, I'm being honest you'll end up getting sick of grinding micros because you'll end up breaking even because it simply just doesn't work :(

Just stay disciplined man, I enjoy reading your thread but I have a feeling you'll get sick of it soon if you don't move up and the only way of moving up out of 5nl; is playing solid poker.

ok RAM. i hear you man. thank you very much for that advice. i'm going to play 100% abc .your right.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha. you make me laugh :) You always agree with everyone and say I'm going to 100% play solid from now on. The following day you post some stone cold bluff you played.:p

Your great :)

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fascinating thread Vinyl!! Can't wait to see how 10NL goes!

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You completely misunderstood me.

I see you are new with HUDs so here are a few explanations.

Never said I don't believe the graph, the reason I think you should separate Zoom from normal is that these two are very different (table dynamics etc,). You can easily do it by filtering.

Meaning, if you are destroying Zoom with your style and losing heavily in normal ring games, then DON'T change how you play Zoom but make severe adjustments in normal games.

I can't make it any clearer.

P.S. If you didn't understand what I meant by "EV line", it is a feature in the graph that you can turn on. Options -> Show All-In EV.

Edit: Here is my graph from this month, as you can see I am running above EV so the result is inflated a bit. Since we don't see your EV line we can't know how it has influenced results, but as you rely heavily on fold equity it is probably not so important for you.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You completely misunderstood me.

I see you are new with HUDs so here are a few explanations.

Never said I don't believe the graph, the reason I think you should separate Zoom from normal is that these two are very different (table dynamics etc,). You can easily do it by filtering.

Meaning, if you are destroying Zoom with your style and losing heavily in normal ring games, then DON'T change how you play Zoom but make severe adjustments in normal games.

I can't make it any clearer.

P.S. If you didn't understand what I meant by "EV line", it is a feature in the graph that you can turn on. Options -> Show All-In EV.

Edit: Here is my graph from this month, as you can see I am running above EV so the result is inflated a bit. Since we don't see your EV line we can't know how it has influenced results, but as you rely heavily on fold equity it is probably not so important for you.

Wow. now thats a nice graph. smooth and cool. im so jealous. ok ABC poker here i come. My graph looks messed up. dannggggggg. anyways will be working on improving and playing very solid. .

thnks for advice LD and everyone else. will be posting stuff tomorrow.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll is so small because i havent really been playing lately. And mostly because ive been playing recreationally.(tournies and alil cash here and there underolled,redepositing and losing etc)

Im going to be playing ONLY 5NL cash this month and see where it goes. Its easy to build a bankroll playing small limits cash. The hard part is to not go above my limit and lose it quick but im not going to do that now that i have this thread started. So im pretty sure things will be looking up.

Just sayin' :D be disciplined man! I am pretty sure 10NL is harder than 5NL (logic says so).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Acceptance & admitting is a good start! (seems willing to admit but perhaps he hasn't yet admitted he is 'powerless' over bein' an aggrospewdonk?)

For a sponsor he'd probably do best with a recovering aggrodonk. Someone who can share their experience, strength & hope! Or maybe a total NIT? Or maybe force yourself to play 30 tables of 2nl Fullring for 30days, never letting your vpip go over 9 for a session.

Maybe ask pokerstars to make your fold button bigger or perhaps a different colour? (maybe green with a $ sign on it?) Or maybe get one from some table mod. site?

been enjoying your thread here Vinyl. Great to see a bunch of good players offering you advice in here.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Acceptance & admitting is a good start! (seems willing to admit but perhaps he hasn't yet admitted he is 'powerless' over bein' an aggrospewdonk?)

For a sponsor he'd probably do best with a recovering aggrodonk. Someone who can share their experience, strength & hope! Or maybe a total NIT? Or maybe force yourself to play 30 tables of 2nl Fullring for 30days, never letting your vpip go over 9 for a session.

Maybe ask Pokerstars to make your fold button bigger or perhaps a different colour? (maybe green with a $ sign on it?) Or maybe get one from some table mod. site?

been enjoying your thread here Vinyl. Great to see a bunch of good players offering you advice in here.

LMFAO. PO, you have a killer sense of humor. Im going to be folding alot more now that i can see what the problem is.your right. and veryone here is right. im glad to have good players telling me what i need to do cause if i didnt i wouldnt know what the problem is. After 33 k hands at 5NL, there is obviously a huge problem if im down 9 buy ins.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THREAD UPDATE:

After posting graphs and struggling with my bad aggression and taking everyones opinion into consideration ,i have finally decided to become a nit. If not a NIT NIT, then alot tighter and more solid than what i am used to.( what i mean is i will not be shoving when my flush draw comes out blank and the villain checks it to me as a trap)

I have switched this challenge to 10NL. I'm done with 5NL. I have too many bad memories from it and the losing 33K graph drained me. I'm now going to be playing strictly 10NL. I managed to put in 3 k hands for today so far and i played as solid and as bluff free as i could.

ABC to the max. As you can see my graph has changed drastically and i believe it is starting to look more like it should be.

I'm up 5 buy ins today and i won another 4 yesterday so i am sitting on a roll of 180$. (including some extra change i had from winning cc tourney.etc etc.)

So i will from now on be posting my journey playing 10NL with 18 buy in's.

Nit's are going to be calling me a NIT. Thats how solid i will be playing. And even more.

This is what i got so far. And trust me. This is gonna be at 25 NL by the end of this month at the latest.( ok i am exagerating a bit here but optimism is never a bad thing):p:p:p

ScreenHunter 06 Jul 16 1539

^^^^^ vpip and pfr abviously lower and also 3bet is maybe too low? i mean i think you can maintain a descent winrate without have a 3bet of 6 and above which i think is optmal?(correct me if im wrong here) also the went to showdown and won looks good cause im folding hands that i used to shove with. GO figure.;) also whats up with my agg of 1,48? is that way too low?

ScreenHunter 04 Jul 16 1525

Notice how red line is no more skyrocketed and how everything is in harmony. (puke)

This is a pretty LOL sample but ill get more hands in today and see if this is just me on some kind of a heater or if i can actually maintain a winrate and not start spiraling downwards.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job, Not sure why but I'm playing 10nl too atm..maybe I'll see you at some tables ;)

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, keep playing like that, for as long as you can stand it!!!