What is the ideal poker tournament payout?

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider that the payment locations should be between %15 and %20 of the total number of players registered in a tournament, for me that would be ideal

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That depends on the number of participants.

The smaller the field of participants, the bigger the salary jumps I would welcome. The larger the number of participants, the more places should be paid out.

It is frustrating to invest a lot of time and effort and in the end not make it past the bubble.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ideal tournament payout is obviously give me the most money no matter what position I finish

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it could have both types of awards.

Single winner tournament, or 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Tournament with the best distribution of prizes to those involved, so that the majority can reach.

I would try both types of games

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top 15% get paid. 25% for first, 15% for second, 10% for third. Rest 50% for rest.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i personally think at least 11% of the field should cash in MTTs. (btw, last 5 for cash rewards in the daily CC events on Replay is quite difficult , though i guess more players get chips back , but i dont even notice those ). i am happy to get a payoff ,even if the min cashes are relatively small .once the bubble bursts many of the remaining entrants go crazy and bust out fast , so solid ,patient poker can result in quickly leveling up .

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ideal payout in a poker tournament is first place right?

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I choose tournaments where I have a better chance of getting my buy-in back. So the more paid seats there are, the more promising such a tournament is for me.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer more paid places than a smaller ITM, for example in replay games there could be a prize in this format:

1st Place: 20 dollars.
2nd Place: 15 dollars.
3rd Place: 10 dollars.
4th Place: 5 dollars.
5th Place: 5 dollars.
6th Place: 5 dollars.

We would have an ITM with one more position, with the same tournament value.

Or do it in 70 dollars with an even better format for members.

1st Place: 20 Dollars
2nd Place: 15 Dollars
3rd Place: 10 Dollars
4th Place: 10 Dollars
5th Place: 5 Dollars
6th Place: 5 Dollars
7th Place: 5 Dollars

Designed to provide a slightly better prize pool for platinum level members, bronze level games could have a prize pool of 50 dollars.

An idea that can bring an ITM with 7 places for the replay.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What is the ideal poker tournament payout to you?

One with a few places paid with a higher minimum cash and substantial pay jumps? Or more places paid with the consequence of lower minimum cash and smaller pay jumps?

a9d5c9373f47e361f9d041cda0f6ec11.jpg

Thanks to @CRStals for this topic idea.
I'd rather play 15-20% of places paid. I guess that's standard, but closer to more places paid and lower minimun cashes.
And a- 15%+ for the winner

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to play online tournaments with 20% of participants ITM and,at least ,x2 the buy-in

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play in those tournaments where there are a lot of paid places. I like to have at least some positive result for the evening :)

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15% of the field...that's right...

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like tournaments with as many prize places as possible the most. I play poker for fun, and I'm not chasing big cash prizes. If I were a professional poker player, then most likely I would suit tournaments with a different payout structure, where there are fewer prize places and a larger cash reward. It depends on what the initial goal of the game is: to win a lot of money or to have fun from the game and win at least something. I think that amateurs will suit the format of tournaments with a large number of prize places, and professionals, on the contrary, with fewer prize places but with large payouts.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Tournaments with the maximum possible number of prizes ... Play well, on the plus side, not so well, still on the plus side, though small ... You can temporarily succumb to the vice of excitement, not worrying about the consequences)))) Really it's so relaxing ))))

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely the best option in my opinion is a large number of prizes with the consequence of lower minimum cash and smaller pay jumps. There are fewer worries about the next payouts and a more relaxed game after.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freezeout tournaments with a short late registration period .If you're gonna be a little late, enter and get blinded down some .I dont think your chips should be picked up quickly 'cause you haven't played a hand like they do in the 'daily games 'on Replay .I would like to see the blinds go up gradually ( at least later when the bubble is near ) ,with perhaps 10-12 per cent of the field cashing , with a flatter payout structure than is common nowadays .

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It seems that payment structures paying between 15% and 20% of the field, more gradually and with smaller pay jumps to reward players for their efforts. This should encourage more people to play than it would repel. And in final table deals there is always that human feeling of greed characterized by the desire to have everything for oneself.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer there to be more places that win awards. and that the payouts at the final table are a little smaller

Ron112355

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer more places paid with the consequence of lower minimum cash and smaller pay jumps.
IMO it gives more players a chance to at least make a min cash which will keep them interested and wanting to play again so is better for the game in the long term.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in the daily freerolls on replay everybody that makes the final table should get paid even if just 2 dollars or so for 9th. It takes over 2 hours to get to final table so at least you would get a little bit. And then rather than requesting your money by a pm to prize claims weekly you would just provide your details on how you wish to get paid (ex paypal email) and then once a month the money would be sent out without the player even having to send a pm. The totals for the month would be kept track of in the monthly tracker. I think this would also save time for moderators because it would just be a monthly payout to people rather than weekly.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preference would be less number of payouts and and higher reward for those that are paid.

Ideal Tournament Structure:
$60 Tournament
Top 3 payouts
1. 50% $30
2. 30% $18
3. 20% $12

ms_attack

ms_attack

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on the bankroll, if I have little money available I prefer to play big tournaments with a small stake and many players. However, if I have a large bankroll, then I prefer to play tournaments with few players and high winning jumps, as the probability of achieving a good placing is greater with a small field of participants.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In my opinion more paid places are easier to reach and your effort is good for some cashback, if you play 5-10 torunaments during a weekend and you never pass the bubble so it is an awfull weekend.

Tournaments were only 3-5% are in cash are really tough because if you play for example only 3 tournaments a day, there is only a small chance that you reach the paid prizes in 1 or 2 tournaments.

CollYan

CollYan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is just fun and a good mood..., of course it's better when everyone gets a little bit...)))