Who plays chess?!

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of chess but i am in low level , i tryed the site you said it is amazing thanks, i think chess is one of the best games ever created

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many of the great PRO players have the usual practice of reading a lot and playing chess, let's follow their example

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playng chess say if we organised a tournament here I would be champion and opponents should count a stalemate as a great result against me:D

That is one hell of an answer :) I wouldn't mind playing against you, and putting your skills to the test :cool:

For a long time I was engaged in chess, I even had a rank, I took part in competitions. But that was a long time ago.

What made you stop? I know that chess can be time consuming and not very beneficial, but being able to play it online, don't you feel the need to play it for fun, as a hobby of sorts?

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real "live" chess has some aspects of poker, BUT...

I always wanted to know how many poker players are playing chess as well.

I am also interested in what type of games you are playing, how good are you, mostly in comparison to your poker skills. This question came up when I was watching some live tournament stream, where there were several players who were very very good, and were also GMs or FMs in chess.

Personally, I play on chess.com, mostly 1min per player games, and 5mins per player.
My average score on that site is around 1850 for both types.

If anyone wants a friendly game of chess, feel free to speak up! :top:
I incorporate many aspects of chess into certain hobbies and sports...BUT, there isn't really any comparison to "online poker", or really ANY "random" card game where there are sooo many "variances" and such which cause unfair play and lopsided "deal outs"(Hot Seat in Poker).
Chess is very much more complex than the highest levels of Poker, or any "random" game. Chess players use logic and make "plays/ moves" which are decided by the player ONLY, and not some "other" sort of device or person.

Certainly there are "variances" in ANY game a person plays, or participates in, but I could find several games of "chance" which are more comparable to poker...such as "swinging at a Pinata", "Pin the tail on the Donkey", Throwing darts while blind folded.

There is some "luck" in Chess, like when your opponent makes a silly mistake and you capitalize on it, but otherwise the game is based on Strategy, Skill and Intelligence...none of which are occurring in ANY "random card game". The "deal out" of the cards is basically 90% of the game.

If you're getting "dealt" great cards you have a MUCH better chance of winning and also if you "catch your card" on flops, no matter what you play, if you can catch ANY card which benefits you on the flop...well, once again, it came down to TOTAL LUCK on the "deal out", and TOTAL LUCK on the "flops"...so I don't know what else you would like to call that kind of a game?...UMMM, perhaps a game of "LUCK"? :)

Last edited:
emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Let's Not and say we did, Checkmate!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am black waiting on white bozovicdj interesting game.:icon_thum
Congrats on your win tomorrow another game.
June week 2

Last edited:
an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
big fan of the game, played many years. keeps the mind sharp and makes you use strategy.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play because I'm too bad and I can't win. I don't want to waste time in Chess that I could use to improve my Poker

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is fun, I am only a good player if I take 2+ minutes per turn lol

M

Mustafajones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Chess is one of the greatest games ever invented! I don't play as much as I used and need to get another set but I do play on my computer against the computer to try not to be as rusty. Usually once it gets warmer I can catch a game down the street from my job. They have Chess tables out there and anyone with a set can go set up and wait for an opponent!

A great game that builds skills that are transferrable to life!

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.chess.com
I thought this was the most popular server. I like to play blitz, I like chess more than poker. But my successes in them are the same as in poker 0