Ten best boxers in history?

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real boxing fans won't judge in this way.
We have many divisions to respect. Is not only about heavyweights.

However my Top 10 Heavyweight (no ranking, is very disrespectful thing to do with high level athletes)

Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Joe Frazier, Tommy Morrison...
... Roy Jones Jr, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, Sonny Liston, Jack Johnson, Wladimir Klitschko.

Muhammad Ali was great, but was more than a boxer. He was a 20th century personality. I don't count as a pugilist. Is a legend. You guys looks like Marketing fans, not Boxing fans. We have Pacquiao, Mayweather, Pazienza, B-Hop, De La Hoya, La Motta, Antonio Tarver, Ward, Arturo Gatti, Earns... Several GREAT fighters in many other divisions.

Last edited:
S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 Muhammad Ali 2 Marvin Hagler 3 Sugar Ray Leonard 4 Rocky Marciano 5 Roberto mano de piedra Durán 6 Mike Tyson 7 Julio César Chávez 8 Manny Pacquiao 9 Oscar de la Hoya 10 Nicolino Locche

mimietmour

mimietmour

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALI without a doubt, The greatest boxer in the world.

What can you add after after giving the name of the perfection.

crazydogg666

crazydogg666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of boxing, I can name only three boxers
Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Roy Jones jr

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there only needs to be one boxer, the king of the 5 rounds BUTTER BEAN! I always played as Butter Bean in Boxing games

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A list of the greatest boxers of all time would have to include Muhammad Ali, Joe Loius, Sugar Ray Robinson, Carlos Monzon, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Julio Cesar Chavez, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, Pernell Whitaker, Juan Manual Marquez, Sugar Ray Leanord, Floyd Patterson and Floyd Mayweather. I know that's more than ten but Im not sure who youd leave off of the list just as I'm not certain exactly what order to rank them in. Now I'm sure this is a some what controversial take but I really believe that the greatest boxer of all time is Floyd Mayweather and I would probably put Sugar Ray Robinson right behind him. I think it's worth mentioning that the most gifted, skilled and purely dominant boxer I've ever seen was Roy Jones Jr when he was in his prime. I left him off the list because I think the level of competition he faced throughout his career combined with the fact that his dominance lasted a relatively short period of time puts him just a notch below the other fighters I mentioned.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rocky Marciano
Joe Louis
Foreman
Ali
Tyson
Pacquiao
Roy jones jr
Salvador Sanchez
Aaron Pryor
Bernard Hopkins

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best boxers

Best boxers are .... Floyd money may weather and mike Tyson I think Ali is trash tbh

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

i don't know the two more i know who number one was mike tayson

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, boxer number one is Lennox Lewis. my childhood passed in front of the TV I watched him beat Cholefield, Tyson and your vaunted Klitschko just smeared. he left with the champion belts he had only two defeats for one, he reverted against Hasim Rahman it was also a sight for boxing fans.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mohammed Ali This great boxer is a role model for some. He always said that it was necessary to grow like a butterfly and sting like a bee. In the ring, Ali confirmed his statement with the case, destroying opponents.

It was " float like a butterfly and sting like a bee."

R

rent52

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Mayweather
2. Ali
3. Sugar Ray Robinson
4. Carlos Monzon
5. Pacquiao
6. Joe Louis
7. Julio Cezar Chaves
8. Oscar de La Hoya
9. Archie Moore
10. Roy Jones Jr.

Ali might be the most important boxer in history, especially considering the political situation and everything at his time, but let's be honest, Floyd broke pretty much every record, retired as the richest boxer ever and extremely healthy, people remember Ali for his great brawls, but boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, we can't forget that.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I already told you that until recently I practiced martial arts and self defense, including boxing, etc.
Speaking of boxing, who do you think are the 10 best boxers in history?
Here are my ten (the order is not relevant): Rocky Marciano, Ray Sugar Leonard, Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Durán, Nicolino Locche, Carlos Monzón, Julio Chávez (father), Thomas Hearns.

I await your names.
Greetings.

Congratulations on getting into self defense. I don't have a list, but it would be interesting to see the top boxer in each of the eight weight classes that there are.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I already told you that until recently I practiced martial arts and self defense, including boxing, etc.
Speaking of boxing, who do you think are the 10 best boxers in history?
Here are my ten (the order is not relevant): Rocky Marciano, Ray Sugar Leonard, Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Durán, Nicolino Locche, Carlos Monzón, Julio Chávez (father), Thomas Hearns.

I await your names.

Greetings.

You got the four kings, they definitely need to be in there.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do not understand people who consider Mayweather a boxer who is in the top 10. He can be attributed only to the top richest boxers. The ability to make money and boxing are different things)
Exactly! Definitely he is not in the top 10. For me Iron Mike and the Greatest Ali on the top.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would somehow even push Manny Pacquiao and Roy Jones Jr. to the top 10.

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know much about boxing but this post is a great source of knowledge

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Muhammad Ali ,in his prime would ve had beaten them all , he was so good, its unbelievable. He still holds a world record : 3 times world champ. SHow me a boxer who nobody gave a chance to win and upset the world: against sonny liston (put him to retirment) and george forman(also put him to retirement) forman did come back and won world title at 47 years old. Ali beat him when he was at 27 yeas old at his peak. As for Tyson, come on guys! He was beating on bums scared to death, just to be with him in the ring. Tyson first loss ? against Buster douglas ,who was dancing and jabbing and not afraid of Tyson,So what do you think Ali would have done to tyson,who can not even take a punch because of his glass jaw

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was " float like a butterfly and sting like a bee."
I agree Ali was awesome. and he was also well liked. He spouted a lot of trash talk ,but he could back it up.