Ten best boxers in history?

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I already told you that until recently I practiced martial arts and self defense, including boxing, etc.
Speaking of boxing, who do you think are the 10 best boxers in history?
Here are my ten (the order is not relevant): Rocky Marciano, Ray Sugar Leonard, Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Durán, Nicolino Locche, Carlos Monzón, Julio Chávez (father), Thomas Hearns.

I await your names.
Greetings.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't watch boxing so much. but from modern I would mention Vladimir Klitschko

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a bad list, but Roy Jones jr. In his prime could be argued to be the best ever, and certainly in the top 5. He has ruined his legacy by fighting well past when he should. He still is fighting I believe. He also slacked in the latter part of his prime by partying way past excessively. In his prime though he was invincible. The only other that had his complete skill set was Mike Tyson. They both kind of did the same thing, although tyson did it in a bit more of a crazy way. Money and that kind of fame corrupts.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ones I saw fighting the best of all times on his prime was Mike Tyson.
On the late 80´s, after he was a young Champion he was incredible. So fast, strong and so many K.O.s for a short heavy weight.
But so much money, Don King, Bad marriages and other problems later on got his record not as good as it should be.
His first trainer I don´t remember his name, he was great. After Mike stopped training with him his level went down.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I already told you that until recently I practiced martial arts and self defense, including boxing, etc.
Speaking of boxing, who do you think are the 10 best boxers in history?
Here are my ten (the order is not relevant): Rocky Marciano, Ray Sugar Leonard, Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Durán, Nicolino Locche, Carlos Monzón, Julio Chávez (father), Thomas Hearns.

I await your names.
Greetings.

I respect all the boxers listed by you, they are legendary fighters, I like to watch good Boxing, and I am a little fond of it myself

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ones I saw fighting the best of all times on his prime was Mike Tyson.
On the late 80´s, after he was a young Champion he was incredible. So fast, strong and so many K.O.s for a short heavy weight.
But so much money, Don King, Bad marriages and other problems later on got his record not as good as it should be.
His first trainer I don´t remember his name, he was great. After Mike stopped training with him his level went down.

Hello Friend. Tyson's first coach was, if I remember correctly, Cus D'Amato, who, more than a coach, was almost a father to Mike. The death of Cus, affected Tyson a lot, and his career went down from that fact. Best regards.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a bad list, but Roy Jones jr. In his prime could be argued to be the best ever, and certainly in the top 5. He has ruined his legacy by fighting well past when he should. He still is fighting I believe. He also slacked in the latter part of his prime by partying way past excessively. In his prime though he was invincible. The only other that had his complete skill set was Mike Tyson. They both kind of did the same thing, although tyson did it in a bit more of a crazy way. Money and that kind of fame corrupts.

Undoubtedly, Jones deserves to be on that list, perhaps also Holyfield, Louis, Moore, Robinson, Arguello, Mayweather and several others. But they are the first ten that crossed my mind !!! Hahaha
Best regards my friend.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many fighters I have not seen makes it hard, but knowing and seeing who I have seen here we go.

#1 ALI
#2 Tyson
#3 Louis
#4 Frazier
#5 Sugar Ray Leonard
#6 Roy Jones
#7 Floyd Money Mayweather
#8 Evander Holyfield
#9 George Foreman
#10 Glass Joe

Just kidding on #10, so many fighters who are already left off my list. It would be amazing to see so many matchups of certain fighters in thier prime. 1 Thing I do know is the person I would hate to have hit me in thier prime would have to be Iron Mike. I still don't think he could beat Ali though.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What glass Joe lacked in physical skill, he made up with in heart.
So many fighters I have not seen makes it hard, but knowing and seeing who I have seen here we go.

#1 ALI
#2 Tyson
#3 Louis
#4 Frazier
#5 Sugar Ray Leonard
#6 Roy Jones
#8 Evander Holyfield
#9 George Foreman
#10 Glass Joe

Just kidding on #10, so many fighters who are already left off my list. It would be amazing to see so many matchups of certain fighters in thier prime. 1 Thing I do know is the person I would hate to have hit me in thier prime would have to be Iron Mike. I still don't think he could beat Ali though.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not ordered in any way but top 2 my favorite --Sugar Ray Robinson, Floyd $$ Mayweather, Ali, Roy Jones jr., George Foreman (for career longevity if nothing else), James Toney for versatility in weight classes, Ray Leonard, young Tyson after olympics one of greatest ever but fell from grace, Bernard Hopkins held middleweight title forever, Arturo Gatti b/c all heart but not overall greatest. Thanks great question i love boxing and its a dying sport.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friend. Tyson's first coach was, if I remember correctly, Cus D'Amato, who, more than a coach, was almost a father to Mike. The death of Cus, affected Tyson a lot, and his career went down from that fact. Best regards.
very true statement D'Amato much more than coach had he stayed alive i believe Tyson's legacy would be much different

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like Floyd Mayweather and rooted for him to lose in every fight he was ever in but he has to be in the top 10. 50-0. No one out boxed him and no one could hit him. His defense was incredible. Roy jones jr in his prime was the best I ever saw. His speed and power was unmatched.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very true statement D'Amato much more than coach had he stayed alive i believe Tyson's legacy would be much different

Totally agree my friend. Cus practically took Mike out of jail and was taking him on the right path of healthy living and training, but his death put Tyson on the wrong path of drugs, alcohol, women of easy life, etc. and so the good Mike gradually ruined his career, which with D'Amato alive would have led him to a glory rarely seen.
Greetings.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I can say the "worst" Champion I ever seen, Mayweather. Very boring

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I can say the "worst" Champion I ever seen, Mayweather. Very boring
only most undefeated of all time. Only 1 close is ray robinson. Boring b/c doesn't let anyone hit him just protects and scores points. NIT boxer lol...Probably greatest of all time. Great showmen outside of ring. He understood people want to see a villain get beat much worse than they want to see a hero win.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... you have to include that the judges like him a awful lot... he straight up lost to castillo to anyone's eyes, yet the judges were landslide on floyd. You could argue another 4 or 5 fights where he lost, or barely won, yet the judges had him +6 or so on the cards. Not saying it's fixed, but boxing needed a draw during his time, and they knew people want to see a villain lose. Floyd didn't think like that in my opinion, he is just a dick so it fits the role. He is still top 10, but he shouldn't be undefeated, which is his greatest claim to being an all time great.
only most undefeated of all time. Only 1 close is ray robinson. Boring b/c doesn't let anyone hit him just protects and scores points. NIT boxer lol...Probably greatest of all time. Great showmen outside of ring. He understood people want to see a villain get beat much worse than they want to see a hero win.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i agree!! Mike Tyson was the best i saw...

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.
First of all thank you very much for your answers and comments. If I remember correctly Rocky Marciano retired undefeated before losing his life in an aviation accident.
Greetings.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Muhammad Ali
Floyd Mayweather
Sugar Ray Robinson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Joe Louis
Mike Tyson
Rocky Marciano
Rocky Balboa
Evander Holyfield
Oscar De La Hoya

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a top ten
But a top three. And they are:
Mike Tyson
Mohammed Ali
Manny Pacquiau

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Mayweather, Golovkin, I only know these) And Rocky Borbo))) They are the best)))

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a world of so many worthy boxers but without these names, I think the list is not complete! This is Oscar De La Hoya and Vasyl Lomachenko!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

#1 ALI
#2 Tyson
#3 Louis
#4 Frazier
#5 Sugar Ray Leonard
#6 Roy Jones
#8 Evander Holyfield
#9 George Foreman
#10 Glass Joe

:bath:

:driver: