G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Who do you think will catch the last two places in top 4 in the Premier League this season?

Chelsea, Leicester, Manchester United and Wolves are in very tight battle for two places and qualification for Champions League. Also, the fifth place can give a spot, too for CL due to the first decision of UEFA to ban Man City for playing in the European competitions for the next 2 seasons and these teams will do everything to play next season in the most competitive European club competition.

In view of the schedule of the teams, it seems like Manchester United and Chelsea are the big favourites to clinch the 3rd and 4th place. During Christmas time Leicester had around 20 points clear advance on the 3rd place from the 5th and now 4 rounds before the end they are in real trouble to make the top 4.

What are your thoughts?

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that leicester and chealsea will grant those places.Leicester has been really good through out all of the season with their fear attack of vardy and chelsea have been on good form lately so yeah those are my picks

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool
M. City
M. United
Chelsea
----------------
Leicester

I really like Leicester but it's really hard to compete against richer teams. They have already done a miracle and got champion a few years ago, but I think this time they won't be able to go and play another UCL.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hey guys,

Who do you think will catch the last two places in top 4 in the Premier League this season?

Chelsea, Leicester, Manchester United and Wolves are in very tight battle for two places and qualification for Champions League. Also, the fifth place can give a spot, too for CL due to the first decision of UEFA to ban Man City for playing in the European competitions for the next 2 seasons and these teams will do everything to play next season in the most competitive European club competition.

In view of the schedule of the teams, it seems like Manchester United and Chelsea are the big favourites to clinch the 3rd and 4th place. During Christmas time Leicester had around 20 points clear advance on the 3rd place from the 5th and now 4 rounds before the end they are in real trouble to make the top 4.

What are your thoughts?

Wolves eh? For them even winning all remaining matches may not be enough ...
Realistically it is probably going to be United & Chelsea although i wouldn't mind if Leicester can send one of them to EL instead

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The English Premier League is the most difficult and competitive championship. teams such as Arsenal and Tottenham will not play in the Champions League next season, but these teams would definitely not be lost.
with all due respect to Leicester, in this fight, I am for Chelsea and Manchester United, I am more interested in following these teams in the Champions League.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
M. City
M. United
Liverpool
Leicester City

I

igo89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 Liveprool
2 Man City
3 Man U
4 Chelsea

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wolves eh? For them even winning all remaining matches may not be enough ...
Realistically it is probably going to be United & Chelsea although i wouldn't mind if Leicester can send one of them to EL instead

Yes, Wolves after the loss against Sheffield United two days before, it is all over for them. Keeping in mind that the fifth place in 90% will guarantee a CL spot, the English representatives for Champions League next season are clear. But it will be interesting from Chelsea, United and Leicester who will finish more above.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The English Premier League is the most difficult and competitive championship. teams such as Arsenal and Tottenham will not play in the Champions League next season, but these teams would definitely not be lost.
with all due respect to Leicester, in this fight, I am for Chelsea and Manchester United, I am more interested in following these teams in the Champions League.

Actually, yes. The Premier League begun so unpredictable that teams like Arsenal and Tottenham are not going to be in top 6 and teams as Wolves and Sheffield United are above them, that is showing that Premier League is and will be the most exciting and competitive league.

I think that Tottenham failed with hiring Jose Mourinho as a coach and the future is not bright in the next season in my opinion with him and we will see that. Arsenal I hope will be back for battling in top 6 at least next season, because it is too much for them and for fans to be on 10th place. Leicester are playing a fantastic season and deserved a CL spot.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I think the Top 4 could be :Liverpool,Manchester City,Chelsea and the last team will know it in the last game between Leicester vs Manchester United..It would be nice to see again Leicester playing the Champions League.

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously the top 4 is: Liverpool Manchester city Manchester United Chelsea

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
obviously the top 4 is: Liverpool Manchester city Manchester United Chelsea

Man City's 2nd place becomes unimportant should they get 1 or 2 year ban from CL ... guess we will find out on monday morning what CAS decides ...

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, the court canceled the disqualification of Manchester City in the Champions League. after that, the struggle for 3.4 places intensifies. it seems to me that Lester will be 5th place. but there are few games left and who knows what will happen.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Today, the court canceled the disqualification of Manchester City in the Champions League. after that, the struggle for 3.4 places intensifies. it seems to me that Lester will be 5th place. but there are few games left and who knows what will happen.

This CAS decision is obviously biggest joke ... Like you can spend as much as you want and so on and still get away with it :bebored:

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Actutally, yes. Yesterday, Leicester did 2 enormous mistakes only for 2 minutes and I think that these 2 minutes from the match against Bournemouth from 66-68 minutes will be decisive for their final standing in the league this season. They were leading in the result comfortable against Bournemouth and there was no sign that they will loose the three points and the pressure would have been put to Chelsea. But with that result last night and the 3 remaining matches of Leicester until the end of the season, there is no light in the tunnel for the ''Foxes'' to finish in top 4. During Christmas, I remember that they had around 20 points lead on 3rd place from the fifth then. I think that if they failed to qualify to the Champions League, this will be in result of that they did not have experience to struggle for top 4 as we all know that United and Chelsea are every season in that battle and they know very well when it is important to get the win. Yesterday, it was the most important match for Leicester in the battle for top 4 and that 2 mistakes for 2 minutes showed us that they are not experienced well

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This CAS decision is obviously biggest joke ... Like you can spend as much as you want and so on and still get away with it :bebored:

Absolutely agree. We all know that in these organisations, the people on the highest positions are thinking only for their private interests. It was very easy for City to win that case. We all know how they have won it.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree, the whole principle of financial fair play is called into question. essentially rich teams will do what they want and get rich, and small clubs will not have equal chances.
by the way, you can recall the case with PSG and Neymar, where everyone understands what happened. there was a dubious sponsorship contract that allows Neymar to buy himself. UEFA also had claims against Manchester City to dubious sponsorship contracts.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actutally, yes. Yesterday, Leicester did 2 enormous mistakes only for 2 minutes and I think that these 2 minutes from the match against Bournemouth from 66-68 minutes will be decisive for their final standing in the league this season. They were leading in the result comfortable against Bournemouth and there was no sign that they will loose the three points and the pressure would have been put to Chelsea. But with that result last night and the 3 remaining matches of Leicester until the end of the season, there is no light in the tunnel for the ''Foxes'' to finish in top 4. During Christmas, I remember that they had around 20 points lead on 3rd place from the fifth then. I think that if they failed to qualify to the Champions League, this will be in result of that they did not have experience to struggle for top 4 as we all know that United and Chelsea are every season in that battle and they know very well when it is important to get the win. Yesterday, it was the most important match for Leicester in the battle for top 4 and that 2 mistakes for 2 minutes showed us that they are not experienced well

really everything was in the hands of Leicester, they played the first part of the championship very well. but after for some reason they lost their motivation, perhaps they were sure that the top 4 was in their pocket. perhaps football will punish them for this, because this is a premier league.
for the Champions League in a marketing sense, Chelsea and Manchester United will be more interesting, respectively, for most football fans.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was about to start a thread and then I saw this one! It's gone to the last day and it's going to be very interesting because Wolves are competing for a place in Europe themselves so it wont be an easy game for Chelsea, and if they lose, a draw in the other game will see Utd and Leicester both qualify - if I've read the table right! A Leciester win will certainly see them through. And, just to add to the complication, Utd could finish 5th but then win the Europa, which would also see them qualify.
TLDR - it's gonna be an exciting final day

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manchester United is very good after the break

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was about to start a thread and then I saw this one! It's gone to the last day and it's going to be very interesting because Wolves are competing for a place in Europe themselves so it wont be an easy game for Chelsea, and if they lose, a draw in the other game will see Utd and Leicester both qualify - if I've read the table right! A Leciester win will certainly see them through. And, just to add to the complication, Utd could finish 5th but then win the Europa, which would also see them qualify.
TLDR - it's gonna be an exciting final day

Yes, that is right, It will be very interesting in the last round. Chelsea will qualify 100% with win or a draw and if United beat Leicester. United needs the same - win or draw to be 100% sure for the top 4. Leicester is in the toughest situation - they must win to qualify and if Chelsea looses, they will qualify with a draw.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes yes the premier league and one of the most disputed tournaments from start to finish but I think Arsenal is in this fight for the classification!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes yes the premier league and one of the most disputed tournaments from start to finish but I think Arsenal is in this fight for the classification!

Of course it is the most disputed championship in the world and can argue with everyone that tells me it is not. :D Especially with these people, who tell me La Liga is much better and Bacelona and Real are the best, but we are talking about the championship at all, not for only 2 clubs.

Hope Arsenal will return at least at the top 6 teams next season, but a lot of work should they do with Arteta . They have to start to be a lit bit more good at the defense - their huge problem.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
exactly the arsenal and a team to fight for title if the board spoiled the team until now it is making some good contractions!