ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Hamilton and rosberg continue their top 2 run. They are unstoppable this season. Bad luck for Massa.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a poor decision about where to put his car off the start line, and getting it damaged in the process, was bad luck?

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but isn't that what we've come to love about Massa? :bike:

-

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the last race in China. It was boring. I turned off TV 10 laps before the end. The cars have faint sound and their look is a joke. It is not F1. The chages in the last few years - especially the latest ones - kill it slowly... :-/

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get the complaints about the engine noise, I really do. But all the other rule changes? I think they've definitely improved the sport.

I remember a time not so long ago where overtaking was almost impossible - now we're seeing moves being made up and down the field on a regular basis. DRS, KERS, aero changes, I think they've all been positive steps forward. Going back a bit further, the cost control changes were something that had to be done too.

Probably the most boring part about this season is that Mercedes seem to be light years ahead of the competition. That's not necessarily a fault of the rules though, it's happened before and it'll happen again (Brawn's initial season, the Ferrari/Schumacher period, Vettel and Red Bull at the end of last season, etc)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As someone who enjoys watching Lewis Hamilton lose almost as much as I enjoy seeing by beloved Ferrari win... I'm in for a long season, aren't I? :p

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Monaco could shake the deck.

-

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's hoping - Red Bull's top speed deficit should at least be less of an issue...

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Insanely Complicated Formula 1 Steering Wheel

formula-1-wheel.jpg

forumla-1-car-wheel1.jpg

-

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Truly gives a definition as to why F1 drivers are called pilots :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So it's a couple of months on, we've had a couple of races in Europe now... and the world hasn't ended as a result of low-volume engine noise. Funny about that :p

And we got treated to another fine display of Lewis Hamilton whinging last weekend, which is always entertaining :D

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Only perez is penalised for canadian gp accident. It is not fair, it is just a racing accident. FIA does not have to fault a driver in each accident.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd have to go back and look at the replay, but I remember thinking at the time that one seemed like it was mostly Massa's fault...

Stewards have all the info to work with though.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michael Schumacher reportedly “out of coma”

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2014/06/16/michael-schumacher-reportedly-out-of-coma/

The Stig :D

michael-schumacher.jpg

Great news has just arrived. The family of Michael Schumacher has released a statement saying that the seven-time F1 champion is no longer in a coma, and has left intensive care in Grenoble.

The statement says that the 45-year-old will continue his rehabilitation at an undisclosed location, and asks for understanding that this will place away from the public eye.

Schumacher has been in a medically-induced coma since 29 December 2013 after suffering a severe head injury while skiing in france with his family.

The family also thanked everyone for their messages of support, saying “we are sure it helped him”, and praised the “excellent job” of medical staff at the hospital in France, where Schumacher has been since his accident almost six months ago.

-

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite a few shenanigans, dirty tricks, (or ultra proffesionalism) he is still well regarded.

Did Rossberg pull a Schumacher at Monacco?
We don't care, we just get the enjoyment from seeing Hamilton wound up and whinging.

Makes me think no matter how many records Vettel breaks he will never have the class to beat the Legend of Schumacher.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent news about Michael, even if he's a long way from being out of the woods still.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion about F1 in Monza...all true. :/

Attachments

• XPB_691857_1200px.jpg
    XPB_691857_1200px.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 42
Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vettel leaving Red Bull and prolly joining Ferrari at the end of this season,,,,,,guess he's more like Shu than he cares to admit.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion about F1 in Monza...all true. :/

LOL - if people are willing to pay for front row seats on pit straight just to hang stupid signs like that, I think the sport will be just fine... :p

People whinge about "ugly" cars every time there's a change in regs or shape or whatever. I think a few teams have done some spectacularly ugly things with their interpretation of the rules this year (yes Renault, I'm talking about your noses in particular). But on the whole I think the cars look a damn sight better than, say, 2008 when they were hanging extra wings off any surface they could find. I think the Red Bull in particular looks great this year.

As for the noise, yeah, I think I'd definitely find it disappointing if I was trackside. But let's be honest, this is a made-for-television sport and on TV the sheer noise level doesn't matter that much.