Next SuperBowl Champions Thread 2016/2017 (All Steelers Thread)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers can't beat bad teams. It's pathetic.

R

ridicul0us riv3r

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope u know your super bowl team... just lost to the mighty dolfinsssss :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We lost more than that.

Roethlisberger tore his meniscus

"There's no initial estimate for Roethlisberger's return, as the timetable will likely depend on what his doctors see when they get a closer look during surgery. He'll have his meniscus trimmed rather than repaired, potentially allowing for a return within a few weeks, whereas the full repair could be season-ending."

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We lost more than that.

Roethlisberger tore his meniscus

"There's no initial estimate for Roethlisberger's return, as the timetable will likely depend on what his doctors see when they get a closer look during surgery. He'll have his meniscus trimmed rather than repaired, potentially allowing for a return within a few weeks, whereas the full repair could be season-ending."

He's already doing some individual practices and plans on doing team practices next week. After having knee surgery 8 days ago.

I almost want to say let Landry Jones play against the Ravens after the bye even if he is ready to go.

Maybe have Roethlisberger play back-up QB like he did against the Browns last year.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry to the original poster.
steelers had a fun season while it lasted.
RIP
their season is ded.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sorry to the original poster.
steelers had a fun season while it lasted.
RIP
their season is ded.

How so? Baltimore lost to the Jets and Steelers are 1-0 in the division with a win over Cinci.

And you know Browns...

Though they need to fix their horrible defense. I hate this bend and don't break. What's the point of having a high powered offense if the other team is taking 8 minute drives

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How so? Baltimore lost to the Jets and Steelers are 1-0 in the division with a win over Cinci.

And you know Browns...

Though they need to fix their horrible defense. I hate this bend and don't break. What's the point of having a high powered offense if the other team is taking 8 minute drives

I don't think the season is over, but it will definitely be a harder road to the playoffs. The real story is, Ben is getting old and it's time to think about a replacement. It's actually a great time to have this happen. So you can give a young player real reps and groom him for the future. Many have said Landry isn't the QB you'll ride with for the future. Another good thing, as you have stated, is the division is soft and Baltimore is fake and bad.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think the season is over, but it will definitely be a harder road to the playoffs. The real story is, Ben is getting old and it's time to think about a replacement. It's actually a great time to have this happen. So you can give a young player real reps and groom him for the future. Many have said Landry isn't the QB you'll ride with for the future. Another good thing, as you have stated, is the division is soft and Baltimore is fake and bad.

Landry is definitely not the future QB. Not quite time to think about a replacement. Maybe a few years down the road. Right now he's playing great. Before he got injured he led the league in TD passes with 16. Is currently tied for 2nd.

Last edited:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Landry is definitely not the future QB. Not quite time to think about a replacement. Maybe a few years down the road. Right now he's playing great. Before he got injured he led the league in TD passes with 16. Is currently tied for 2nd.

Yep, it just seems like the lower extremity injuries are becoming more and more prevalent for him. It sucks but it's the nature of the business. His tenure is coming to a close.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah steelers have a super high powered offense.
you have antonio brown. THE best WR in the league with NO ONE to throw the ball to him.
leaving them with one of the best RB in the league and a super predictable game plan.
he can still make plays and run the ball pretty damn good but he can't win games on his own.
they still have all the other huge problems they had before. most notably, defense.

okay, their season isn't over, but its not looking very good at all right now.
also, what is the timetable for big ben return?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah steelers have a super high powered offense.
you have antonio brown. THE best WR in the league with NO ONE to throw the ball to him.
leaving them with one of the best RB in the league and a super predictable game plan.
he can still make plays and run the ball pretty damn good but he can't win games on his own.
they still have all the other huge problems they had before. most notably, defense.

okay, their season isn't over, but its not looking very good at all right now.
also, what is the timetable for big ben return?

This Sunday or next week. Their Defense makes me sick.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brown is a beast but the steelers dont have enough this season to go the distance eapecially with ben already hurt once and some suspensions

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I am not a Steelers fan but when Big Ben and Antonio Brown are rolling they are fun to watch. I don't think they will win it all this year.

I am rooting for them this weekend though I want them to smack those Cowboys.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a Steelers fan but when Big Ben and Antonio Brown are rolling they are fun to watch. I don't think they will win it all this year.

I am rooting for them this weekend though I want them to smack those Cowboys.

Yes - smack those Cowboys! I am a Giants fan and we need Big Ben to air it out! Go Steelers!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We'll beat the cowboys you beat the Bengals deal?

Hell of a game between the Cowboys and Steelers! This game won't mean a thing by the end of the year after you snap off Baltimore. :)

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still should be easy to make it to the playoffs with only the Ravens standing in your way...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hope so.

Though with the way that they're playing I don't see them doing too hot in the play offs.

If the Defense can play like they did against the Browns they could be a threat. The problem is they don't play the Browns every game..

If Sammie Coates can get back in and be a factor they could become a threat.

If they could finish drives instead of kicking FG's they would be better.

If Tomlin would stop making dumb decisions they could be better.

We'll see how they do next week.

Last edited:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Tonight is a winnable road game with no Luck on the Colts.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never thought I'd be happy to see the Patriots win. But Steelers are in first in the AFC North!

trolly67

trolly67

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give you one guess as to my opinion......

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Going to jump on the Steelers bandwagon for the rest of this season as I need a team to back and my Panthers are all but out.