NBA Free Agency

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to give Terry credit there for knowing jr's level of stupid. If I remember right Terry jumped up quickly and went over to him right as the play was about to start, afterwards a team mate of Terry's walked all the way over to him and gave him props for it. Even that side of the floor was cleared out as if anticipating it. Best 6th man play in history... and it would have only worked on one person...

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knicks is the big loser I think they had to be able to put together a good team and they threw everything on the floor

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard Klay Thompson looking for LAC or LAL. What you think!? If LAL, they are complete....?!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just rumor from months ago. He signed a max with gs, and LA signed a bunch of role guys, they don't have the money for him, or the pieces to trade for to make it work.
I heard Klay Thompson looking for LAC or LAL. What you think!? If LAL, they are complete....?!

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for Clarify! Like bleacher sports or whatever. :eek:

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you guys think of Westbrook to Houston? Is it gonna work or will James plus Westbrook be too ball dominant? Personally, I think adding another top 10-15 player in the NBA can't hurt. I know he can't shoot, but at this point of his career, Chris Paul wasn't the best shooter either.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paul never was an amazing shooter, he is a play maker, which he wasn't fully allowed to do in houston. I think James and russ will be fine together. Russ isn't quite as much as a ball hog as harden, and he will be able to get harden a lot of open shots when they crash on him. Really, I picture that happening both ways. Both of them are going to put up 18 plus shots a game, hell, I bet they both put up 30 shots multiple times in the same game this year. I expect Houston to be roughly the same really, not contenders but bounced out in the first or second round for the next few years. I kind of expect them to have a crazy game where they both score 50. I also expect them to have a game where they, as a team, don't even score 80. That's the problem with having 2 superstars who aren't consistent and don't have the push to overcoming a shitty night. When they are cold, they are cold beyond belief. Both of them.
What you guys think of Westbrook to Houston? Is it gonna work or will James plus Westbrook be too ball dominant? Personally, I think adding another top 10-15 player in the NBA can't hurt. I know he can't shoot, but at this point of his career, Chris Paul wasn't the best shooter either.

fletch92

fletch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paul never was an amazing shooter, he is a play maker, which he wasn't fully allowed to do in houston. I think James and russ will be fine together. Russ isn't quite as much as a ball hog as harden, and he will be able to get harden a lot of open shots when they crash on him. Really, I picture that happening both ways. Both of them are going to put up 18 plus shots a game, hell, I bet they both put up 30 shots multiple times in the same game this year. I expect Houston to be roughly the same really, not contenders but bounced out in the first or second round for the next few years. I kind of expect them to have a crazy game where they both score 50. I also expect them to have a game where they, as a team, don't even score 80. That's the problem with having 2 superstars who aren't consistent and don't have the push to overcoming a shitty night. When they are cold, they are cold beyond belief. Both of them.

The only problem is that Paul is way way better shooter than Westbrook who rarely gets 40% field goal. I believe that Russ is going to be the ball handler but he has to work on his shots cause this team needs him to be a shooter

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
West and Harden in Houston and Lakers my favorite teams right now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would think that, but fact is russ actually shot better than Paul last year... and rebounded wayyyy more.... and even got more assists. He is also way more athletic. Paul was just not a good fit there once Houston totally gave harden the keys.

The only problem is that Paul is way way better shooter than Westbrook who rarely gets 40% field goal. I believe that Russ is going to be the ball handler but he has to work on his shots cause this team needs him to be a shooter

fletch92

fletch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would think that, but fact is russ actually shot better than Paul last year... and rebounded wayyyy more.... and even got more assists. He is also way more athletic. Paul was just not a good fit there once Houston totally gave harden the keys.

I would disagree that Russ is a better shooter... Paul is better when it comes to 3pt and mid range, Westbrook is obviously better when it comes to attacking the rim

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was meaning in that system. Houston and okc were pretty simular style wise. In that system, last year, Russ was a better overall shooter, not by a lot. Paul in a typical, non iso driven system is clearly a better shooter. Being in that system was worst case scenario for Paul's type of play, which is probably why he requested to be traded so he wouldn't waste his last few years rotting in that system of play.
I would disagree that Russ is a better shooter... Paul is better when it comes to 3pt and mid range, Westbrook is obviously better when it comes to attacking the rim

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kaways trade was the biggest shock to me I didn’t see that coming

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was meaning in that system. Houston and okc were pretty simular style wise. In that system, last year, Russ was a better overall shooter, not by a lot. Paul in a typical, non iso driven system is clearly a better shooter. Being in that system was worst case scenario for Paul's type of play, which is probably why he requested to be traded so he wouldn't waste his last few years rotting in that system of play.

Yeah I feel if you ask almost any NBA player they would say Paul is a better shooter. He's proven it over a longer period of time, and for some reason Russ can't even shoot free throws anymore after he used to be able to shoot over 80%.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah his free throws have plummeted the last few years. It makes his efficiency even worse, not only is he like mid 60s with the free throws, but he doesn't get to the line nearly as much as he used to. He averaged over 20 shots a game last year, yet only averaged roughly the same in points scored.
Yeah I feel if you ask almost any NBA player they would say Paul is a better shooter. He's proven it over a longer period of time, and for some reason Russ can't even shoot free throws anymore after he used to be able to shoot over 80%.

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kawhi not re-signing with Toronto was disappointing, felt like he played both the raptors and lakers