NBA Free Agency

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, I wanted to create this to discuss NBA free agency as yesterday was a pretty crazy day for the league. Kawhi taking this long for his decision could really hurt the Lakers if they don't get him since so many free agents they would go for are being taken. Also what do you guys think about things like DLO to the warriors, Jimmy to the Heat, 76ers and Celtics?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact it would be bad for the Lakers make it seem like they already know. You'd think they would have told a few players to wait a bit otherwise. There was a ton of signings on the first day, didn't expect that. Lakers will still get a few 1 year deals at minimal even without kwahi. He would put them over the top though.

Butler to Miami was the strangest signing to my eyes. Well maybe rozier was, Washington overpaid.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish Kawhi don't sign with Lakers, it would ruin the League!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KD is the man, but I'm not sure paying 40 million for a injured player is a good deal.

He's probably going to miss the regular season.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crazy free agency, important moves for next season, the nets put together a good team but you should expect the return of KD. The Pelicans I think they will be a strong team. And if the Lakers manage to hire Khawi I think the wheel is broken.

J

Joaocarrusca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Boston Celtics

Does anyone know what are the main targets of the Boston team in this postseason ?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KD to the Nets was bad for the Nets. They overpaid for someone who is now Injury Prone. The Lakers are firing at everything , which whatever good for them because obviously bronbron wants his Gold. Pistons aren't really doing anything which makes me sad , I mean they are gunning for rose but wish theyd do more

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pistons had a good draft at least, one of the better ones of all teams this year.
KD to the Nets was bad for the Nets. They overpaid for someone who is now Injury Prone. The Lakers are firing at everything , which whatever good for them because obviously bronbron wants his Gold. Pistons aren't really doing anything which makes me sad , I mean they are gunning for rose but wish theyd do more

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kawhi would be better as a Raptor. Lakers is a gong show with countless moments of needless drama. Clippers is no better than Raptors.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kawhi would be better as a Raptor. Lakers is a gong show with countless moments of needless drama. Clippers is no better than Raptors.

Are you sure you didn’t mean to say Raptors would be better with Kawhi?

Explain exactly how Kawhi is “better” as a Raptor. Before you blurt out We Da North as a knee jerk reply, or say We Da Champs, ill remind you Kawhi is a two time champion.

According to simpleton logic, wouldn’t Kawhi have been “better” as a Spur after he won his first title?

Where is Kawhi originally from? Maybe that’s a factor here as well. I know Raptor Nation doesn’t want to think about it, but seriously. No one thought he would be dealt here in the first place, and very very VERY FEW PEOPLE were on board with the deal originally because there was NO GUARANTEE AT ALL that Kawhi would stay past one season.

And now Toronto wins one title and the whole province loses their shit and assumes he’ll resign.

Uh. If it was such an obvious and right decision to stay, why hasn’t it happened yet?
Guys signing left and right. For big big money.

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important question of the nearest days is where Kawhi will go

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is from the LA area. I don't see him turning down a max contract from a home town team. He got lucky with his injury the year prior, and that has to be a thought to him also. Why turn down the max, from a team from a place that is home to you, one slip and you could lose millions upon millions and end up in some market you want nothing to do with.
Where is Kawhi originally from? Maybe that’s a factor here as well. I know Raptor Nation doesn’t want to think about it, but seriously. No one thought he would be dealt here in the first place, and very very VERY FEW PEOPLE were on board with the deal originally because there was NO GUARANTEE AT ALL that Kawhi would stay past one season.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theme from Jeopardy,,,,, (Thanks for the championship,Kawhi) :wavey:

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pistons had a good draft at least, one of the better ones of all teams this year.
Yeah but that's a 3-4 year turn around. I'm hoping they start taking jabs at some Letswinnow players

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kawhi is definitely taking his sweet time. I think it’s actually a tough decision for him. Raptors would be the safe bet but how good will the Raptors be in the near future? Siakam is the only bright spot. Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka are getting old. Raptors can offer the 5 year deal but it’d be better if he signs a 1+1 and be eligible for the super max. But he could also just sign a 1+1 with the LA teams. Clippers are a solid team but it’s not like they would be championship favorites. I want to see Kawhi with Lebron and AD but that might tilt the league. People say they will stop watching but I don’t think thats true at all. The league is better with super teams because everyone is at least rooting against one team. Did the Miami Heat big 3 or Warriors - 5 all stars ruin the league? No, the league is in the best state its ever been in.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Safe bet would be either LA team at max contract. At least he wouldn't be leaving money on the table if he gets a bad injury, and he would be where he calls home on top of it. I think Toronto could compete in the east this year, but I don't think they would get past Philly after the signings. Philly looks like a really good complete team across the board. With the lakers, he could win 2 to 3 championships before lbj retires, and then they could get another star like the Greek freak, embid, etc... at that point and maybe he could win a few more before he retires. That's if ad and him stay together up to that point, and no major injuries. Kawhi is underrated, even though he is high on most people's list. He isn't flashy so he gets overlooked in that regard, but I think he could go down as one of the top most complete players in history, if not the best. Put him with any 2 great players and the role players won't matter.... unless they are jr smith...haha

His press conference just now, he said he isn't interested in a 1 or 2 year deal... so thas out of the window now, and almost guarantees he will be on one of the LA teams.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, what makes me think the Lakers are getting him is this... the ad trade can't be finalized until tomorrow... which means technically they can't offer Leonard a max until then because the other pieces of that trade is what will open another max spot. Looks like he is just delaying until then.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im really hoping that Kawhi goes to the west, especially the clippers cause that would really balance out the NBA and give my bucks an easier road lol

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KD is the man, but I'm not sure paying 40 million for a injured player is a good deal.

He's probably going to miss the regular season.
only Brooklyn Nets? WTH? WOW
Thanks for sharing bout that!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All sports are getting caught up in what owner has the most cash . NBA is biggest at over paying players.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The clippers... wow I didn't see the George trade at all, I thought he was happy in okc. That's going to make the LA series games good. Lbj and ad vs. George and kawhi. That George trade was unexpected. So kawhi was waiting until saturday to let a trade be completed to sign... it just wasn't the Lakers he was waiting on.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
George figured out what KD knew a long time ago which is you can't win with Russell Westbrook. I think the Clippers might just be the best team in LA next year and among the favorites for the NBA title with Kawhi and PG.

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the season will be very interesting! A lot of strong teams, both in the West and in the East

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol
Sports networks in canada running live coverage half the night.

Why? Whyyyyyyy?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Guess Raptor Nation was the only one who thought he was staying.

They’ve been showing what’s left of this roster. 9 guys. No Danny Green either. Wonder if they could resign Jeremy Lin to start beside Lowry.

S’ok though. Not like the Raptors don’t have real fans. They were fourth or fifth in attendance last year. It’ll just be the bandwagon emptying.

Kinda like the Blue Jays. Couple good years after 20 years of irrelevance. Back to your regularly scheduled 24/7 Leafs coverage

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you,Kawhi. :ciao: For the memories,,that will last a lifetime. :star:Enjoy LA! (u deserve to)

Last edited: