NBA betting thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leaning Lakers -3 pretty hard. It's technically an away game, but LA is still laker land. George out, lbj being more rested to start the season than he ever has been, green and bradleys perimeter defence. It's a statement game to stay the least and I'd expect it to be a playoff intensity level game. A tease along with philly, and the spurs tomorrow looks nice. A open parlay on acr is also a nice option. Without george, it really opens up the perimeter for the lakers, and green, along with others, should get a fair amount of open looks.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think lakers win tonight and the pelicans also win

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of wanted to bet the pelicans. What turned me off on it is that they just have too many new parts to have a solid read on. I'd also be surprised if zion plays more than 18 or so minutes, if that. You would think they are going to baby him until he is for sure 100%. Even then, this isn't preseason, how will he fair in real NBA games. Just too many questions around them for me to play them this early.

You betting the spreads or the money lines on those?
i think lakers win tonight and the pelicans also win

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I learned from that game...

Lbj is amazing.... but he isn't a good point guard. They need to give up on that concept right now.

The Lakers played terrible after every end of a quarter, and every time out. What that says to me is the coaching is terrible.

Lakers starting line up +2 is championship level, their bench is absolutely trash.

Lakers were terrible on switches, almost every time no one switched at all and gave the Clippers open looks.

Lbj should have been on kawhi defensively the whole game. When he was, he shut him down, but for whatever reason he guarded the point guard from the 2nd quarter on.

I think the Clippers are going to be a worse team with george. Yeah that sounds a bit off, but I think the squad they have right now is perfectly balanced.

Danny green may be the best all around player in the NBA who isn't in conversations about best player in the NBA.

Beverley will be punched in the face or choked Sprewell sylte before the season is over.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Philly -5

Boston is a small team, I don't see a scenario where Hartford and embiid don't feast in this game. Boston has talent, but it's just a bad match up in my opinion.

Philly/spurs/jazz ml parlay +126

Same reason as above for philly. Spurs are playing the knicks, enough said. The jazz are playing the thunder, and I don't see the thunder having the talent to keep up with a really good (on paper) Utah line up. All 3 of these are the opening games, and all 3 are home.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won both of those, but didn't really learn much about any of the teams other than the Knicks aren't as bad as last year. They sorely lack in leadership though. They were winning that game going into the 4th then got blown out in crunch time. 2 interesting games tomorrow. I'm likely going to be on the bucks and the Clippers both away.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tuesday picks -

Toronto -7
Clippers +3

Today's picks -

Philly -6
Utah -9
Portland -1

1 Unit each - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall (3-2) +$80/.80 Units

Recap Opening Night -

Toronto goes OT with pesky Pelicans who fail to cover in the end.

Clippers play great defense vs Lakers( after long trip ) and cover the +3

Ribby (2-0)

Last night -

Philly breezes past Celtics, Utah played well but had a slow 3rd quarter to only win by 5 and Denver out hustled Trailblazers to win in Portland (1-2)

Tonight -

Rockets (-1.5) @ Home vs Bucks - Great battle with Harden for 3 to win in the end! :rock:

Clippers (-1) @ Golden State - Time to beat the Lakers and Warriors all in the same week. Great incentive! A team to follow through out the year and watch for trends.

1 Unit Each - $100 per game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use 5dimes, bovada, bet online, and acr, in that order.

5dimes is the best online book on the planet, but they are sharper than other books. You can take advantage of that on other books, because when a line moves there, it will move on other books later, usually 5 minutes or more later. So I basically take advantage of slower movement on the other 3 and save half a point or more without buying the hooks. On the other side of it, I can get a free hook or more if I like the opposite side of it. I only bet American football and basketball there, as this is my number 1 book.

Bovada is very good, a step under 5dimes, but good. I pretty much use it just for american football and basketball.

Bol is ok, nothing special. I kind of use it for what ever . A rare baseball or soccer game here and there. Just whatever I have a feel on.

Acr, same as bol, but it's actually better than bol since the facelift. Parlays and teasers I usually do on acr. Any sport I have a feel on.

All 4 are still used mostly for football and basketball though, whichever one has the best line I want to play, and as I said above, I can get ahead of line movements just by comparing to 5dimes. Same with live betting and second halfs and such. I do this as a profession, so I can make a bet on a game at any 4 of these, and buy out on a different one of the 4 if they have a line that's better, or one that's not juiced yet and it makes no difference as I'm funded on all 4.

Edit... I also have money on sportsbetting, and intertops, but I've never deposited or withdrawn from them. All the money I have on those came from cc. I literally don't use sports betting at all, but i use intertops just to **** around on. I've actually ran the money on there up nicely, but it is a TERRIBLE book. I would not suggest it.
You use same bookmaker for NBA bets which you already use for NFL ones right (whatever it was) ...

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to go ahead and go on the Clippers -1.

I'm going large on this game for multiple reasons. Clippers already have a game, and win, under their belt, so no real early rust concerns there. Golden state doesn't have iggy, or Livingston anymore, not to mention Thompson won't be playing for the foreseeable future. Gs has a terrible bench now, really terrible. They lack size, and are depleted. The Clippers on the other hand already beat a championship contender, who in my opinion is way better than this Gs team. Kwahi should be on russel and effectively make him a nonfactor. I don't see this even being a competitive game and to me this line is way way off. Steph and Russell would have to put up at least 80 between them for this to be competitive. Going large, and will buy out if Gs are leading midway 3rd quarter.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also money line parlay on bucks and the Clippers @+274.

I don't believe in Houston, if they prove me wrong, so be it. But that's really my only thinking on that game. Bucks are good, and proven, with pretty much the same line up with only 1 gone, but he was replaced by 2 others at that spot who are just as good individually, better on defense. Houston are unproven and I'll ride with that. Like I said, really just a Houston fade. If the bucks lose, and I see a reason to buy out of the clippers, I'll just incorporate this play into that buy out.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to get on bucks second half. I've never seen a team shoot that many 3s in a first half before, and they made 52 percent of them. Imy basically betting against that substaining. Bucks are playing alright, the parlay is most likely dead, but I like them to cut into the Rockets lead a little but to cover second half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why you fade Houston against any quality team. That 3 point percentage fell 20 percent and they got outscored 67 to 45 in the second half. That was with giannis only playing 28 minutes because foul trouble. He still put up a triple double though in those 28 minutes. That whole iso/kick out play doesn't work over time. You would have thought Houston learned the hat by now, but they just keep going down the rabbit hole with it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-0 on the night. Was nice hitting that parlay, but more importantly I won the large bet.

I don't go large often, that was the first time I've gone large all year, and if I recall right, I didn't at all last year. I'm not big on going outside of 1 unit as a usual, and 2 for a big bet, but when you know a line is off, by a big big amount, you have to try to capitalize on it. That game was over just a few minutes in the game really, and was so out of control in the 3rd that Kawhi sat the rest of the game. He only played 21 minutes. No starter played in the 4th quarter. The final score doesn't show how dominant it was. I may take a week off and have a feel for other teams next week. I cashed big time tonight.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10/25:

GS -5
DEN -11
POR -2.5

All favorites tonight...

Good Luck!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thursday (1-1) -10/.10 Units Overall (4-3) +$70/.70 Units

Recap - Clippers are for real (1-0) and Rockets got shot down (0-1)

Friday -

Memphis (+1) @ Home vs Chicago - Grizzlies a good home town dog

LA Lakers (-3.5) @ Home vs Utah - Lakers can not go down (0-2) to start season - Lebron and Davis should have sense of urgency in this spot

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to take some time off and probably will, but I feel like the Lakers tonight would be too much of a missed opportunity. They match up well to utah, haven't had to travel, and are getting a few players back tonight, most importantly rondo. Lakers lacked decent ball handling that first game against the clips, and rondo should be able to be a big boost in that department. Lbj will probably still be the pg, which I don't like at all, but too many factors pointing to the Lakers tonight to pass on. I'll grab the cheap hook at -3.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forgot to post this earlier
Friday(1-1) -10/.10 Units Overall (5-4) +$60/.60 Units

Recap - Memphis pretty young and I forgot Conley went to Utah (0-1) and Lebron and the Lakers silence the Jazz (1-0)

Saturday -

Atlanta (+2.5) @ Home vs Orlando - Hawks a good young talent

Houston (-10.5) @ Home vs New Orleans - Pelicans worked over by Mavs last night - quick turnaround

San Antonio (-11.5) @ Home vs Washington - Well rested Spurs play Wizards after turnaround as well

Phoenix (+9.5) @ Home vs Clippers - Suns should keep it close with there youth

1 Unit each - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (2-2) -$20/ -.20 Units Overall (7-6) +$40/ +.40 Units

Recap - Both favorites at home don't cover (0-2) but both dogs at home do (2-0)

Monday -

New Orleans (-4.5) @ Home vs Golden State - Warriors reeling right now. Blown out last night and now in NOLA vs a rested Pelican team

Phoenix (+4.5) @ Home vs Utah - Suns playing well so far - (2-0 @ home) see if trend continues

Clippers (-16) @ Home vs Charlotte - Hornets got worked by Lakers last night by 19 - now face a rested Clipper team who lost to Phoenix other night :)

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm.... Denver only -6 against a team who not only is 0-3, but have also lost each of those games by double digits??? Yeah... have no choice but to bet that.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hmm.... Denver only -6 against a team who not only is 0-3, but have also lost each of those games by double digits??? Yeah... have no choice but to bet that.
Definitely looks like a good bet. Denver is top of their conference and Sacramento is struggling. Denver beat Phoenix who beat Sacramento. Denver also had one extra day of rest. I've been proven wrong before but this would be a big surprise if it goes the other way.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah no doubt. Even if it loses I can't be mad because it's the right bet to make. Make the same bet 100 times and it would profit at the end. That line just seems really off, I expected it to be in the 11-12.5 range. Like I said, I had no choice but to bet it, and hopefully it works out. I'm considering double dipping on it and going large, it just seems like too good of a spot not to, and I would think that live betting would favor Denver unless they are losing by a big margin. Like if they were down 6 after the first quarter, the live line would probably still be -4 or so for denver, so going large would really be low risk.
Definitely looks like a good bet. Denver is top of their conference and Sacramento is struggling. Denver beat Phoenix who beat Sacramento. Denver also had one extra day of rest. I've been proven wrong before but this would be a big surprise if it goes the other way.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The line has dropped a whole point... I looked around for news, if someone is out for the game and I don't see anything... it's juiced on the kings too.. hmm... yeah I am going to go large and pay attention to the live line. I see this as a double digit win, and the alternative line might be a small play at +207. I don't understand this line at all. I'll be watching the line and hope it keeps getting bet down, when the juice goes flat though, I'm going large.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver has me worried at half. The kings are shooting lights out. 56 percent from 3. Denver on the other hand are shooting 30 percent total. Still is only a 6 point game though, so there is some hope left considering how badly they are shooting, and how good the kings are shooting, to have such a small lead. Reminds me of the Houston game vs the bucks. Same situation really, but the bucks were down 16 at half, and ended up winning by almost 10. Hope it turns out like that game and the kings cool off. If Denver was just and hooting average here, they would be up. Going to have to be smart with and hooting buy out if they don't get it together in the third.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars