Messi or Ronaldo - which one is the best player?

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The numbers show that Messi is the best player. Messi is one level above Cristiano Ronaldo.

N

novikov78rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any arguments in favor of one or the other will not be objective, because football is not in vain the most massive and well-known game because it is very unpredictable (not like poker), Messi and Ronaldo are great contemporaries and there can be no worse one of them, remember the goals of these goalscorers and you will understand what the matter is, and you forget many more excellent football players who play no worse, but not in such balanced teams, the team plays football:eek:

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Messi is the most skilled one
Cr7 is more physical.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Messi is the most skilled one
Cr7 is more physical.

According to statistics, Messi is still better than Ronaldo, but I think the statistics in this case do not mean anything. There are several reasons for this.
First, Messi and Ronaldo were different in terms of career development. Ronaldo conquered portugal, England , Spain and now Italy, while Messi made his main career in Spain. Messi did not leave and does not leave the "familiar" place, and Ronaldo always found and finds new opportunities to improve himself, and he has never made a mistake.
Secondly, I think,although it may be very subjective, Ronaldo is a little bit more stable than Messi. Yes, both show high results every season, but Messi, unlike Ronaldo, had an imbalance at some points in his career. For example, Messi had a 1.5 - year streak when he just couldn't resist the temptation to eat. Because of this, his metabolism was disrupted, and he constantly became ill during matches. Ronaldo did not allow this. Messi has balanced and "outweighed" the statistics, thanks to several super seasons

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cristiano Ronaldo is a amazing player but Lionel Messi is the best football player in the world :):)

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are both high-level footballers and have achieved high results in football-in addition to this, they have been recognized as the best players in the world more than once. I like Messi better,his ballplay and his beautiful and cool goals.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a debate that will go on until the end of time...

In all fairness it comes down to preference and which playstyle you prefer to watch, in reality they are both very equally matched and head and shoulders above everyone else of their generation.

My opinion will be a little bias as a life long Man Utd I have fond memories of Ronaldo's time with us.

That said, I do personally place Ronaldo slightly above Messi IMO. Ronaldo has performed in 3 of the major European leagues (Premier League, La Liga and Serie A) and is now also only the 2nd play to achieve 100+ goals at international level. Ronaldo has also had success with Portugal winning the European Championships, Messi at argentina on the other hand..... well he goes missing thats for sure.

I am of the opinion that Messi is a fantastic playmaker, one of the best dribblers I have ever seen but with his style he needs a team of great players around him to shine (hence the failures at Argentina) whereas Ronaldo seems to almost single handedly drag his team to success no matter the players around him, the semi finals of the Euros for Portugal a fine example.

Like I said a bias opinion I know... but for me Ronaldo just edges this one.

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, I am Argentine but I think it depends on how we evaluate the two footballers, I think Messi is more of a player to function in a team, but CR7 is more of a player with individual skills.
Let's remember that Portugal won the uefa thanks to CR7.
They are both from another planet without a doubt.

T

tomasdig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi hands down

Ronaldo is a better striker than Messi, but Messi is just a better all around player. Better playmaking, better vision, better skillset.

I might be biased, being from Argentina and all. ;)

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be better if was a proffesional footbal player

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cristiano Ronaldo is a goal scoring machine. However, Messi knows how to score no less and football intelligence is higher. I'm for Messi:)
Cristiano Ronaldo with his national team Portugal and other league teams is a crack. I can't say that about Messi.:D

J

jerargent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi has an innate ability and a gift. Ronaldo is more a product of his effort and perseverance. I think Messi is thes best.

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a child, I played a lot of football, and for me Ronaldo was a priority, I think that I am for Ronaldo.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer ronaldo over messi because I am a manutd fan, and will always be Ronaldo > Messi but I also think I am right because the teams he's always been the underdog.

regden85

regden85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Ronaldo has more technical footbal skills :rolleyes: But Messi good to, his dribling very hard :):):)

M

Mike491

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's Messi, they both have around the same number of professional goals scored, but Messi is 33, Ronaldo is 35.

D

darcagegns

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi never proved himself out of Barcelona. Meanwhile,
Ronaldo was successful with Manchester United, RM and Juventus, also won a Eurocup for Portugal.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question would be justified couple years ago. Now a days there is a few players better then Messi or Ronaldo. For example my compatriot RL9 Lewandowski.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are both great, although they are players of different styles, but in any case, Ronaldo proved that he can be a star in any club, and Mesi has been playing for the same club throughout his career.