Kobe Bryant vs. LeBron James

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who was better in their prime?
Bryant won five championships compared to James three, but they never went against each other in the NBA Finals
In my opinion Kobe. :cool:

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Kobe, imao.

i-MJ-Kobe.jpg

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think Kobe is/was better than LeBron than you clearly are just a LeBron hater. Now, LeBron can never be compared to MJ, but Kobe was just a pure shooter and LeBron is an all around player. 1v1 LeBron wins. Trophy wise, Kobe wins. Kobe had the best center to ever play. hands down LeBron is better than Kobe.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough call different players can i have both please :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LeBron AINEC

If there was somehow an NBA team that magically had their pick of either of them in their prime, be honest - even though you might like Kobe more, that team would be picking LeBron every single time.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LeBron is a better player than Kobe, but Kobe is better winner. :D

If we look purely stats, LBJ is better than MJ also, but MJ is bigger winner than Kobe so obviously better than LBJ.

Don't hate appreciate the greatness.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
LBJ hands down.

The argument for Kobe is he got 5 rings and a better scorer.

Soon both arguments will be nullified LBJ with will have 5 rings and will pass Kobe on the all time scoring list regular season points LBJ is already all time playoff scorer leader. If LBJ wants he can even pass Kareem for most points in the regular season.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
LeBron James. I think he's a better player if we compare all the basics of basketball, defense ..

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big Kobe fan. Kobe is a better winner, but Lebron is a better player. Will be ahead of Kobe in that regard when his career is over.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kobe Bryant is the best, the technique is on the heights, he always arranges shows on the court, you watch and enjoy his game.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron is an unstoppable Machine. But Kobe is the better Clutch player. Ill take Clutch over anything.

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lebron is a better all artound player and teammate

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron is a pimp, but as a player is very good, better than Kobe was, in my opinion.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Players of different plan. Bryant is more sympathetic to me

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think Kobe is/was better than LeBron than you clearly are just a LeBron hater. Now, LeBron can never be compared to MJ, but Kobe was just a pure shooter and LeBron is an all around player. 1v1 LeBron wins. Trophy wise, Kobe wins. Kobe had the best center to ever play. Hands down LeBron is better than Kobe.
Kobe Bryant - 9 All-Defensive First Teams, 12 total.
Lebron James - 5 All-Defensive First Teams, 6 total.

So pure shooter? I think not; it's just that his scoring was so elite his defensive was overlooked by the people who couldn't watch him night in, night out.

As for who's better? They play too differently, but if I had to pick one in their prime it'd be Kobe.

M

mldrummer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say Kobe, but also I like the fact that Kobe was his own thing and didn't go and wear number 23 and call himself the king.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lebron, stats wise is a better player, but he is also a choker during winning time.
If he is as great as MJ or even kobe for that matter when it comes to taking over at crunch time, he would have had more than 5 championship rings.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kobe is better.
see the team members round.

LBJ has a better team mates but did not win at least as many rings as Kobe.
since LBJ is over 30 now, don't think he can get 5 rings when after 34 years old.

so Kobe is better.

for pure technical data, Kobe max data 97, LBJ 98.
but for building a team as a leader , and leading team to victory, Kobe is way way better.:D

PS: Kobe is not intend to run away when a team is at bottom, but LBJ moved to Miami , Hummm...

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Lebron. You can say Kobe because of the titles but Lebron makes his teammates better while Kobe was an assassin by himself. Overall, I think its Lebron and its not even close.