Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor , 26 aug 2017

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
154 pounds is the weight this bout will be at. Mayweather has all sorts of advantages in a boxing match, but there's no reason to think size will be one of them.

Although he competes, McGregor has proven in the past he loses and takes time to adjust and win when he fights at bigger weight classes and different stages. Mayweather has switched weights and remained undefeated.

That said, I wasn't aware of the reach being in McGregor's favour. Levels the playing field a bit. Maybe the underdog has a shot with his punch but is still hard to see how he wins. By KO the favourite but the odds aren't good enough to bet it specifically.

Looking at it more objectively, I have no idea, but Mayweather by decision interests me the most at the moment in terms of value.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although he competes, McGregor has proven in the past he loses and takes time to adjust and win when he fights at bigger weight classes and different stages. Mayweather has switched weights and remained undefeated.

Again I'm not really sure what you're referring to here: if you mean the fight at 170 against Diaz, he lost that because he was fighting Nate Diaz and Diaz is a terrible style matchup for him regardless of the weight class.

His other two losses came very early in his career: the first was in his first fight moving down to featherweight, and the other yes was in a fight where he moved back up to lightweight. Being bad at grappling is a better explanation for both those losses than any weight issues.

Anyway, long story short, I really don't think there's any reason to see size or weight as a factor in this bout. The only thing that's really going to matter is this: Mayweather is still a world-class boxer, very possibly the best of all time. McGregor is not. That trumps all other considerations.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a brazilian I have the duty of hoping that McGregor loses, after what he did in UFC with Jose Aldo

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a brazilian I have the duty of hoping that McGregor loses, after what he did in UFC with Jose Aldo

I'll be the first to admit that a lot of the stuff Conor did in the year-long leadup to his fight with Aldo was disrespectful. That said, Conor was just doing his job promoting the fight, and respectful or not, it sold a lot of PPVs and probably got Aldo the biggest payday of his life.

That said...

You realise that puts you on the side of Mayweather, who is an objectively awful human being, right? He's an unrepentant and serial abuser of women. Here's just a few of what could be hundreds of links, if you somehow didn't already know the story:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/loser-wins-fistfight
http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

If we're supposed to take the fighter's past bad deeds into account when choosing who to root for in this fight, the whole world should be rooting for McGregor.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll be the first to admit that a lot of the stuff Conor did in the year-long leadup to his fight with Aldo was disrespectful. That said, Conor was just doing his job promoting the fight, and respectful or not, it sold a lot of PPVs and probably got Aldo the biggest payday of his life.

That said...

You realise that puts you on the side of Mayweather, who is an objectively awful human being, right? He's an unrepentant and serial abuser of women. Here's just a few of what could be hundreds of links, if you somehow didn't already know the story:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/loser-wins-fistfight
http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

If we're supposed to take the fighter's past bad deeds into account when choosing who to root for in this fight, the whole world should be rooting for McGregor.

Hey thanks, man! I have never heard any of these accusations, if that's true you arr totally right, we should root for McGregor, I will look into those news

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Floyd by decision is at 3x multiplier. This sounds too good to be true, what am I missing? Connor has a great chin so I doubt he will get KO'ed.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go CONNER go

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Floyd by decision is at 3x multiplier. This sounds too good to be true, what am I missing? Connor has a great chin so I doubt he will get KO'ed.

Conor's cardio is one big concern: he struggles to go 25 minutes in an MMA fight, let alone 36 minutes in the boxing ring.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Floyd-is a great technigue.Fast,flexible and very smart fighter.Conor-knockout punch.The guestion is,what can he do in the ring under boxing.I think Floyd easily wins thanks to his technigue.We will witness a grand show,where the stake will be the big jackpot for each fighter.I think for these guys the result is not important.Especially for Conor.Priority-a huge jackpot!

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conor's cardio is one big concern: he struggles to go 25 minutes in an MMA fight, let alone 36 minutes in the boxing ring.

I agree. Conors cardio is no the best. Hopefully he wont tire out.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Floyd is going to work coner ,even more so for all the junk he is talking .

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Held 4th press conference! On each of them they insult each other, nothing new Lol

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whos Willing to Pay $99 for this fight?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait for this fight, I hope McGregor kills Mayweather

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conor going lost he can't to much fight for the cardio.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Price on tickets start from 1800 $ :ahhhhh:

Anyone will be on this live event? :D

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Mcgregor win this fight in 4th round. He is underdog but I think He be victorious!

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will be interesting fight. I don't know who will be the winner.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They will find a way to have another fight,,,it will be a draw or disqualification:cool: