Favourite Boxer

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have good taste. Too bad he kept fighting, and still is still fighting. Tarnished his legacy a bit. Perhaps the best pound for pound fighter ever, either him or Mike tyson. Ali isn't the best ever, for the same reason track stars from 50 plus years ago would finish last in a race in current times. Things evolve. A prime Mike Tyson would have murdered ali. People look at him like he was just a knockout machine, but he had the best defense any heavyweight ever had. Same with roy, almost like he knew where the punches would be coming from. Floyd is maybe top 5 but was always overhyped and overrated (he was still amazing, overrated doesn't mean they aren't great). Besides, Floyd lost a few fights in everyone's eyes... except the judges, while in his prime.
I feel you about Floyd Mayweather who is the undefeated and undisputed champion. Defensively I feel like nobody can touch him and it was great watching him in his prime. My all time favorite boxer is Roy Jones Jr though. I just love watching him fight in his prime and to me, he put on a better show than anyone when he was knocking boxers out at his peak.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Manny Pacquiao is my sentimental favorite but I'm half Filipino so I've always pulled for him in his fights. Still though he is one of the greatest pound for pound fighters of all time.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite boxer from this generation is Tyson Fury. Firstly I like him because he is very skilled and has a very technical style of play and secondly because he is a great showman.

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kid Dynamite

I have to agree to this. When it comes to my favorite, it has to be Tyson.
As Mark Hunt likes to say "Jesus loves knockouts" :D

Imho opinion, Ali was the greatest of all time & Tyson is the best of all time. Ali was surely the best ambassador in history of sports, what he did for boxing is uncomparable to any other. One of the strongest personalities of XX century. Refused the most prestigious title in the world when he decided not to go to war. The most prestigious title of that time, just when i think of that.. Because he put his convictions in first place, truly the greatest.

I would also like to add a few honorable mentions such are Julio Cesar Chavez, Roy Jones Jr., Lennox Lewis.

As of today, my favorite is Vasyl Lomachenko by far. Dude's a freaking alien, pound for pound I've never seen a better boxer. Him and Usyk took it to a new level, wouldn't surprise me if Usyk becomes heavyweight champ soon.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, I like Mike Tyson he's a great boxer legend

maks_ygay

maks_ygay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only Tyson

only Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not watching boxer lately, but Holyfield was the best!

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lennox Lewis, I watch it and this is awesome when I was a kid!

komar125

komar125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me
Lomachenko , Manny , GGG, Floyd

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Here are a few boxers who were very strong and technical in the ring. Muhammad Ali, Tyson, Oscar de Lahoe, Arturo Gatti, Konstantin Tszyu, Mayweather, boxers of the USSR and Uzbekistan. Boxers of Uzbekistan took 1st team place at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro and are now 1st place in Yekaterinburg, Russia at the amateur boxing world championship:icon_king

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of those that box today is Alexander Usyk) In general is Lennox Lewis. But the best is Muhammad Ali. And tell me who doesn't love Rocky Balboa? :D

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now Vasya Lomachenko. And there were so many: Roy Jones, Kostya Ju, David Tua, Marquez. Now I can watch all the top fights. Previously on TV in our country, few fights were broadcast

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always loved the Mike Tyson/Cus D'amato story.

One of the most fascinating IMO.

Manny Pacquiao, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns, Arturo Gatti, Micky Ward, Marvin Hagler, Roy Jones JR, GGG, Muhammad Ali all come to mind instantly as my "most exciting" fighters to watch

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer briefs over boxers, too much flipping and flopping with boxers :). But if I have to choose one boxer I would say Big George Foreman.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a while ago I sayed that Tyson Fury is my favorite, but after all I am a bulgarian so my choice would be Kubrat Pulev, he is an amazing boxer and a strong contestant for the World Champion title. So I definitely would be cheering for him.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best Boxer

Hmmmmmmmm can't believe I didn't see anyone mention Joe Louis. Yes back then they for sure didn't get all the coverage boxers do today nor did they get paid like they do today,

What that said I'll add Joe Lewis to the list once being from Detroit
;)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
about Roy Jones Jr. totally agree,one of the strongest boxers of all time,in my opinion is in the top 5 best boxers of all time!

I loved to watch Roy Jones Jr. also. In his day he was pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

G

GameTooHard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While he was not the 'best' heavyweight of all-time, a young, in his prime Mike Tyson would probably be my favourite fighter to watch simply because of his raw athleticism. The guy was a genetic freak, it's incredible to watch it today.