great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello everybody,

I tried to find a thread about Fantasy Premier League but I could not, so I decided to create one :)

You can write your opinion about the game, share part of your strategy or ask questions here. FPL is very popular worldwide and I hope I'll find some other players here.

Have a good day ;)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hello everybody,

I tried to find a thread about Fantasy Premier League but I could not, so I decided to create one :)

You can write your opinion about the game, share part of your strategy or ask questions here. FPL is very popular worldwide and I hope I'll find some other players here.

Have a good day ;)

I do have team there but still havent taken this game too seriously this season ...
Also here you probably dont need even all fingers in one arm to count people who actually play this Fantasy Premier League (tried to set up cardchat league or something last season there and got magnificent 3 participants lol) ...

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi great_young. I play FPL every season be good to set up a CC league for next season if their is enough interest.

I am have a nightmare FPL season this year so pretty much wrote it off already [emoji1787]

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I do have team there but still havent taken this game too seriously this season ...
Also here you probably dont need even all fingers in one arm to count people who actually play this Fantasy Premier League (tried to set up cardchat league or something last season there and got magnificent 3 participants lol) ...

That's an interesting idea actually. FPL grows every year as far as I know and who knows - maybe we will be able to form a CC league for the next season. About this season - yeah, the COVID 19 made some troubles with particular players and teams :( But the game still remains cool in my opinion.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
That's an interesting idea actually. FPL grows every year as far as I know and who knows - maybe we will be able to form a CC league for the next season. About this season - yeah, the COVID 19 made some troubles with particular players and teams :( But the game still remains cool in my opinion.

I believe NFL even has some fantasy held here but it's with 20.- buy-in i think yet despite that there seems to be enough partcipants (5-10+ if remember correctly) ...
However Fantasy premier league with any buy-in probably wouldn't be succesful (specially since it's not clear how many of these NFL fantasy participants actually play FPL or wouldn't mind to try it) ...

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What kind of buy-in do you mean?

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Well, it seems that in this NFL version the competitors play with money which the winner gets. That's not my idea at all :)

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Well, it seems that in this NFL version the competitors play with money which the winner gets. That's not my idea at all :)

Then what's your idea actually. Whether it is with buy-in or free to enter I'd imagine you still must include some kind of cash prize(s) cause this probably will bring even more possible participants ...

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Then what's your idea actually. Whether it is with buy-in or free to enter I'd imagine you still must include some kind of cash prize(s) cause this probably will bring even more possible participants ...

My idea is to find other people who play FPL and are willing to discuss their tactics or write their opinion about the game as a whole or the current season or just chat about players/points/games/teams/etc.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
So, Gameweek 19 starts today. I've chosen Mane for a captain and Vardy for a vice captain. Who did you choose, guys? :)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went for Vardy triple captain as it is double game week and Salah vice captain, also made sure I had as many players with 2games in gw19 as possible on my team as I had 2 free transfers.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No wonder that i still dont put too much effort to my team when in gameweek where most sides have 2 games my captain is only playing once + in starting 11 there is a guy from Everton and they dont play at all :bebored:

Still i activated bench boost so it's another couple extra points although this Fantastic Four also has just one game lol ...

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I went for Vardy triple captain as it is double game week and Salah vice captain, also made sure I had as many players with 2games in gw19 as possible on my team as I had 2 free transfers.

Vardy's in my team and I personally like him as a player very much. Just 2 points for him, but I hope that hip injury doesn't trouble him to play vs Chelsea and score some goals :)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vardy's in my team and I personally like him as a player very much. Just 2 points for him, but I hope that hip injury doesn't trouble him to play vs Chelsea and score some goals :)
Fingers crossed he plays, wasted my triple captain if not [emoji1787]

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No wonder that i still dont put too much effort to my team when in gameweek where most sides have 2 games my captain is only playing once + in starting 11 there is a guy from Everton and they dont play at all :bebored:

Still i activated bench boost so it's another couple extra points although this Fantastic Four also has just one game lol ...

Quick update: 15 players and so far 42 points. Guess this must be decent enough since 3 players didn't even play although 2 of them can make it up in second match ... Also i've 9 players still waiting for their (second) game then unless they really underperform there then i should atleast beat my previous gameweek record this season which is 75 points from week #14 ...

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Quick update: 15 players and so far 42 points. Guess this must be decent enough since 3 players didn't even play although 2 of them can make it up in second match ... Also i've 9 players still waiting for their (second) game then unless they really underperform there then i should atleast beat my previous gameweek record this season which is 75 points from week #14 ...

That sounds really nice, man. 35 points for me so far. I'd be happy with 70 for the current gameweek. I believe that Mane will eventually score against Burnley.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing the game since 2014. It is very interesting and due to the fact that the English championship is my favorite and I am watching it a lot, that game makes me a lit bit more interested in the competition what is going on.

I am playing the game with friends and colleagues in private groups for different awards we had understood before the start of the season. Very rarely forget to manage my team during the 38 game weeks and I love the double rounds, which are usually in the end of the season due to postponed matches during FA Cup matches and the half of the teams in the league have 2 matches.

This season is a lit bit more strange due to the fact a lot of matches are postponed and your players are not playing due to different circumstances and that makes your team weak most of the game weeks and for the first time I am playing it no so serious, because can not predict which team match will be postponed and to not get players from them. Overall, very well created game.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I have been playing the game since 2014. It is very interesting and due to the fact that the English championship is my favorite and I am watching it a lot, that game makes me a lit bit more interested in the competition what is going on.

I am playing the game with friends and colleagues in private groups for different awards we had understood before the start of the season. Very rarely forget to manage my team during the 38 game weeks and I love the double rounds, which are usually in the end of the season due to postponed matches during FA Cup matches and the half of the teams in the league have 2 matches.

This season is a lit bit more strange due to the fact a lot of matches are postponed and your players are not playing due to different circumstances and that makes your team weak most of the game weeks and for the first time I am playing it no so serious, because can not predict which team match will be postponed and to not get players from them. Overall, very well created game.

Great! That's my favorite championship too because I'm a huge Liverpool fan. I also play in a private group with a couple of colleagues.

About the current season - I believe that a really adaptive and fast-thinking (and of course also very lucky) guy will win.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great! That's my favorite championship too because I'm a huge Liverpool fan. I also play in a private group with a couple of colleagues.

About the current season - I believe that a really adaptive and fast-thinking (and of course also very lucky) guy will win.

It is always interesting although that this season is a little bit different. Playing that game for me makes you want to watch the matches more carefully and with more emotions because you are hoping your players to do something specific in the current match. That is one of the thing I think this game can make a lot of more people to start watch the most interesting and popular football league in the world.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is always interesting although that this season is a little bit different. Playing that game for me makes you want to watch the matches more carefully and with more emotions because you are hoping your players to do something specific in the current match. That is one of the thing I think this game can make a lot of more people to start watch the most interesting and popular football league in the world.

Yes, it popularizes the Premier league alot. As you said, people start analyzing the game and some specific players, sometimes their favorite ones, sometimes just lads who play really good. Very interesting game indeed. Football as a whole is a social phenomenon and many, many people are interested in it. This game gives a unique vision of the sport.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it popularizes the Premier league alot. As you said, people start analyzing the game and some specific players, sometimes their favorite ones, sometimes just lads who play really good. Very interesting game indeed. Football as a whole is a social phenomenon and many, many people are interested in it. This game gives a unique vision of the sport.

That is right. I agree with. I have to find a solution now with Kevin De Bruyne, who is out for 1 month and I am wondering if to get a player from City again as their schedule in the next 3 game weeks is a fantastic for keeping a good points from a midfielder. or to get other midfielder

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
That is right. I agree with. I have to find a solution now with Kevin De Bruyne, who is out for 1 month and I am wondering if to get a player from City again as their schedule in the next 3 game weeks is a fantastic for keeping a good points from a midfielder. or to get other midfielder

Sterling looks like the logical choice for you then. But who knows... James Maddison plays very well recently and he is in my team. I guess you already have Son, am I right?