Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5. Mario Lemieux
4. Wayne Gretzky
3. Tiger Woods
2. Roger Federer
1. Michael Jordan

This was hard! There are so many good ones.

M

Mikedvvis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rob Gronkowsk . Insane versatility and athleticis . Range is unmatched

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
if eSports counts there are two Counter-Strike players that have been on top form literally over a decade.

Neo and f0rest

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Who do we consider the best athletes of all time?
My top 5:
- Usain Bolt
- Michael Jordan
- Michael Phelps
- Maradona
- Roger Federer

:bebored:

I love your choices , I also agree with them . Ofcourse, for me it's also Michael Schumacher , but it's top 5.Not top 6 ... Hmmmm ... Mayve I will put Schumacher in the place of Bolt . I liked him more when I was a kid/teen , I really miss watching him in the F1 , the best legend :) Bolt is also great , but his achievements are recent , I admire more Schumacher , childhood hero :)

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My top 5

1- Kelly Slater
1- Michael Jordan
1- Lionel Messi
1- Roger Federer
1- Michael Phelps

All on the same step !!

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you define as "athelete" and what are the criteria? Like I see Tiger Woods in a lot of lists and while he's no doubt accomplished a lot, it's hard for me to define him as athletic.

FWIW, here's my list based on athletic performance:

5) Mike Tyson. There have been many great boxers over the years but none of them caused fear like Iron Mike. His lightning quick head fakes, super strong chin, and powerful hands made him an unstoppable tank.

4) Mario Lemieux. He could have been even better if he wasn't going in and out of hospitals for most of his career. The fact that he was able to achieve all that he did with a chronic bad back and shortened career is nothing short of amazing.

3) Lionel Messi. Living proof that size doesn't matter. The guy consistently does things with a ball in real game situations that people can't even do in practice.

2) Lebron James. A superhuman freak of nature who can play multiple positions and styles. He can overpower opponents with brute strength or go around them with quickness. Humans that big aren't supposed to move that fast.

1) Bo Jackson. He played two sports professionally (MLB and NFL) and was an all star at both. Read that again. He is hands down my number one choice.

Last edited:
_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
What do you define as "athelete" and what are the criteria? Like I see Tiger Woods in a lot of lists and while he's no doubt accomplished a lot, it's hard for me to define him as athletic.

FWIW, here's my list based on athletic performance:

5) Mike Tyson. There have been many great boxers over the years but none of them caused fear like Iron Mike. His lightning quick head fakes, super strong chin, and powerful hands made him an unstoppable tank.

4) Mario Lemieux. He could have been even better if he wasn't going in and out of hospitals for most of his career. The fact that he was able to achieve all that he did with a chronic bad back and shortened career is nothing short of amazing.

3) Lionel Messi. Living proof that size doesn't matter. The guy consistently does things with a ball in real game situations that people can't even do in practice.

2) Lebron James. A superhuman freak of nature who can play multiple positions and styles. He can overpower opponents with brute strength or go around them with quickness. Humans that big aren't supposed to move that fast.

1) Bo Jackson. He played two sports professionally (MLB and NFL) and was an all star at both. Read that again. He is hands down my number one choice.
interesting top 5:eek2:

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is wrong with you people? How can so many people not include Tiger Woods? If most of you knew how hard it is to do what he did then he would be at the top of the list.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.)Tiger Woods
2.)Tiger Woods
3.)Tiger Woods
4.)Tiger Woods
5.)Lebron James

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jon Jones

Jon Jones is the best MMA fighter to ever walk on this planet. He gets all top 5 spots in my book

EverySunday

EverySunday

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mayweather
Mike Tyson
Bolt
Habib Nurmagomedov
Ronaldo

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly, no one ever achieved more, with less, than Forrest Gump.

And don't you dare tell me ping pong isn't a sport! :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
-Pelé
-Ayrton Senna
-Rickson Gracie
-Valentino Rossi
-Michael Jordan

I would choose more, including many above mentioned.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
5. Jordan
4. Pele
3. Jesse Owens
2. Ted Williams
1. Jim Thorpe

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, this is a good one. In no particular order

Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
Tom Brady
Tiger Woods
Bruce Lee

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is probably not correct to compare athletes from different eras.
People develop, become stronger, smarter, society develops, it becomes easier to get into sports.
I will single out 1 person, I think he deserves it!
Yashin Lev Ivanovich
The best goalkeeper of the 20th century according to FIFA, IFFIIS, World Soccer, france Football and Placar. Ranked among the best players of the 20th century by Venerdì, Guerin Sportivo, Planète Foot and Voetbal International. The only goalkeeper in history to receive the Ballon d'Or. He is considered one of the first goalkeepers in world football to widely master the game at the exits and throughout the penalty area.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What sport are we talking about ? It's hard to choose an athlete that's better than every other sport.
In athletics I choose Usain bolt.

J

jonthor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan
Messi
Ronaldo
Federer
Nadal Djokovic