Arsenal F.C

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal have done an excellent job on the transfer market this offseason. I am sure that the goals for the season in the APL will be maximum again: the fight for the championship! In fact, Arsenal have everything for that! Well, I want to congratulate the fans of this club with a return to the Champions League! (y):sneaky:
They sure are spending a lot of pounds.

100M on Declan Rice seems a lit bit on the overprice side for a defensive midfielder

With that kind of money plus the money they spent on Havertz, I'm pretty sure they could've found a world class player that would change the level of the team.

I still see Arsenal as a bunch of 8.5 type players, not a single 9 or 10.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Arsenal needs a good central midfielder and a slightly deeper bench. They almost played the entire season with the same squad, and this year they will also be competing in the Champions League, so they need players for rotation.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Arsenal vs Forest game was delayed by 30 minutes because of problem at turnstiles at Emirates Stadium

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good start by Arsenal against a very combative team

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite the fact Arsenal had to play with 10 players(unnecessary foul by Tomiyasu) for more than 30 minutes,the good thing is that the team got another 3 important points .

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal should beat Fuham tomorrow.These are the games the team must only win.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a disappointing result in today´s game.A team that wants to fight for the title can´t lose important points this way.This was a 3 point match.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What a disappointing result in today´s game.A team that wants to fight for the title can´t lose important points this way.This was a 3 point match.

Hey guys.

During pre-season and since I've contributed a few posts to a major football site (these are 'posts' that have to pass an editor's process before they are published on line).

Pre-season. before we signed Declan Rice, I wrote about the stress of last season and theorized Arteta as well as the players buckled under the stress - Arteta later admitted as much a couple of times. Arteta then rashly purchased Havertz. I contended Arteta wanted to 're-habilitate' Havertz to show he was next level as a manager, following the bitter disappointment of failing to win the league. A snippet from that piece...

Arteta has made a strange decision. One which will either see him lauded as next level or potentially, in 2024 hindsight, having committed an act of self-sabotage. I suspect the hill Arteta is ready to die on is not the signing of Declan Rice but the rehabilitation of Kai Havertz.

Could Havertz ludicrously end up being the making or breaking of Arteta?

This was followed up with another post after Arsenal's first game. In that piece I pointed out Arsenal's defensive woes (shipping goals) started right after the World Cup, that the club had half a season and the pre-season to work on defensive re-organization and patently had not bothered. In other words there were fundamental flaws in Arteta's management that were coming to the fore - defense, rotation, in game management etc.).

Then it got worse with Arteta using players in ridiculous positions with the team looking disjointed and out of sorts.

Little did I anticipate the inclusion of Kai Havertz would see the entire team disrupted with certain players displaced and others dropped to accommodate a mediocre Havertz. There are also signs of a pettiness in the manner the likes of Keiran Tierney, Folarin Balogun and Emile Smith Rowe have been excluded from the team...if the idea was to sell then why not showcase them in the preseason rather than treat them as though they were problem players? Who wants to buy a player when they are not even included in match day squad? Now we have Gabriel Margalhaes benched for three games in a row which looks stupid and vindictive. It would seem obvious to me, Arteta favoring one player over another for no apparent reason, moving players around to conduct a silly experiment has the players baffled and uncomfortable.

Though the loss of Jurrien Timber was a real blow, the squad has enough about it to make a serious challenge if...and only if...Arteta drops the weird ego and implements the same style of play as last year (with better rotation) and tightens up the defense immediately.

Otherwise this could be a very long. disappointing season.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What does Kai Havertz do, and why did Arsenal sign him for 70 million pounds? Do you thing it's worth it ?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What does Kai Havertz do, and why did Arsenal sign him for 70 million pounds? Do you thing it's worth it ?

I would say I am 'on the fence' with this but for the fact Arsenal paid so much money for him and now he is amongst the highest paid at the club -essentially Arsenal simply agreed to pay him his present wages which was a dreadful decision.

If we had signed Havertz for a bargain price, say 20 million pounds and dropped his wages, okay, a fairly good squad addition.

But, Arteta went on a personal bender regarding Havertz, he personally drove the acquisition. Everyone who backs Arteta keeps saying give him a chance...but Chelsea gave him three years under three managers and nothing worked. Everyone could see that.

My problem is this - Arteta has now put himself in the (stupid) position of having to prove Hazertz was worth it when players who were real gems, such as James Madison, Moussa Diaby and Kudus, all of whom Arsenal could have used went for 20 million pounds less to other teams. They are already proving their value and Havertz generally looks like a lump disrupting the team.

My best guess is that Havertz will perform exactly as he did at Chelsea. He will have an isolated game where he looks great, scores a goal and bosses the field, and that will be followed by several games where he might as well not be on the pitch. It is not that he is lazy (stats show that he works around the pitch) but the problem has been end result...does he assist and does he score? No where near enough for a player of his value and supposed caliber.

All Arsenal fans want Havertz to succeed as Arteta paid so much for him...but...most fear he will turn out to be mediocre at best. The fact is no one, and I mean no one before the transfer window suggested buying Havertz (the idea was laughable) and if he does not improve this will look bad on Arteta, with several other things not sitting well already.

Arteta needs to get things right against United or there will be a serious amount of discontent brewing.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say I am 'on the fence' with this but for the fact Arsenal paid so much money for him and now he is amongst the highest paid at the club -essentially Arsenal simply agreed to pay him his present wages which was a dreadful decision.

If we had signed Havertz for a bargain price, say 20 million pounds and dropped his wages, okay, a fairly good squad addition.

But, Arteta went on a personal bender regarding Havertz, he personally drove the acquisition. Everyone who backs Arteta keeps saying give him a chance...but Chelsea gave him three years under three managers and nothing worked. Everyone could see that.

My problem is this - Arteta has now put himself in the (stupid) position of having to prove Hazertz was worth it when players who were real gems, such as James Madison, Moussa Diaby and Kudus, all of whom Arsenal could have used went for 20 million pounds less to other teams. They are already proving their value and Havertz generally looks like a lump disrupting the team.

My best guess is that Havertz will perform exactly as he did at Chelsea. He will have an isolated game where he looks great, scores a goal and bosses the field, and that will be followed by several games where he might as well not be on the pitch. It is not that he is lazy (stats show that he works around the pitch) but the problem has been end result...does he assist and does he score? No where near enough for a player of his value and supposed caliber.

All Arsenal fans want Havertz to succeed as Arteta paid so much for him...but...most fear he will turn out to be mediocre at best. The fact is no one, and I mean no one before the transfer window suggested buying Havertz (the idea was laughable) and if he does not improve this will look bad on Arteta, with several other things not sitting well already.

Arteta needs to get things right against United or there will be a serious amount of discontent brewing.
Good evening.I wish I were wrong but I really think Havertz won´t do well at Arsenal this season.He is a good player but Arsenal paid too much money for him.The current runner-up of the league deserved a better midfielder.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the 2-0, I really thought Chelsea had the victory in their pocket that mistake of the goalkeeper let the team fight again the game.It is an important point at Stamford Bridge.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly,after many weeks Arsenal lost a game.I think the team deserved more,at least one point.The good thing is that the guys are playing very well this season.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another important victory in Champions against Sevilla.One more victory against Lens at Emirates in the next game and the team will be in the next round.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Arsenal puts pressure on City » "The Gunners" prevailed against Burnley and tied Guardiola's "citizens"

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 3 points of difference among 5 teams.This season will be very exciting.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon,If Arsenal can qualify for the next UCL ,it will be a great season for them.They are playing so well these days so ,I think , they can achieve it.That game against Liverpool will be really a tough one.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One must congratulate Mr Arteta for turning the ship around, and maintaining consistency. Last years experience will strengthen the group come the end of season pressure.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
there Arteta can be punished for his statements after the match with Newcastle United. ((

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agonic and very important goal by Havertz.Nice to see Arsenal on top this week.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
now we have to beat Wolverhampton and keep the first line...

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Arsenal are back to playing the fluid football they did last season

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Arsenal look unstoppable, a long winning streak is on the cards! Can anyone stay with them?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite the deserved victory,this must have been an easy one.The good thing is that the Gunners won 3 important points at Emirates.