Anyone excited for NHL playoffs?

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this was a good tampa team congrats to them and there fans cant wait for next season lets go rangers

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Was hard to have any interest in the NHL playoffs during the heat of summer. Didn't even watch a single game - just followed results online. And once Toronto and Calgary were out I just periodically checked scores to see who was still in it. Glad it's over now and will be interested to see when and how they plan to run the 2020/2021 season. Don't think they can do a bubble scenario for an 8 month stretch. The NHL relies too much on the regular season with full hockey arenas for their full revenue potential. Just another reason to hate how this pandemic has made 2020 a miserable year.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to see they did finish it though!

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for Tampa. I hear Stamkos will be traded in order to keep some of the younger players. Makes for an interesting off season. Not sure when it starts back or how its gonna be:confused:

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning probably the hardest Stanley Cup playoffs in recent memory given all the circumstances.

I believe whats next is the NHL Draft which will be held on October 6th (Rd 1) and October 7th (Rds 2-7).

Should be an interesting offseason coming up. Right now the tentative beginning of the season is in December.

Some stories to keep an eye out on that are non draft stuff:

-Where does Jason Krug go as Bruins look to buy him out and what of Zdeno Chara?
- Speaking of buyouts where will Henrik Lunqvist land (Rangers are in process of buying him out of this writing)
- Did Jack Eichel really want out in Buffalo?
- Will Laine stay in Winnipeg?
- Where is Pieterangelo end up?
- As for favorite team, who does Philly get back for Ghost (I am pretty sure he is gone this time after years of trade speculations)?

Sorry for lack of West stories here as I mostly follow the eastern conference.

Anyway congrats again Tampa and hopefully the season can get underway without any hiccups.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to Tampa. Now on to the draft in a week

M

Mike491

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The NHL playoffs was great again this year. Good win Tampa Bay. The fans were entertained. The players got millions. The owners made millions. Everybody wins.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Glad it's over now and will be interested to see when and how they plan to run the 2020/2021 season. Don't think they can do a bubble scenario for an 8 month stretch. The NHL relies too much on the regular season with full hockey arenas for their full revenue potential. Just another reason to hate how this pandemic has made 2020 a miserable year.

Saw somewhere like new NHL season starts 13 january so hopefully we dont have to wait too much longer then ...