Any NBA fans here?

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. I may never stop laughing at this. If you're suggesting that Durant or Curry are better all-around basketball players than LBJ then you need to watch a lot more basketball.

If we're only talking about shooting, then LeBron (while far better than average) is the worst of the three guys you mentioned. In every other facet of the game (rebounding, passing, playing as part of a team, overall offensive efficiency, individual defending, and team defending), LBJ is far superior to the other two. Furthermore, I would argue that LBJ's basketball IQ is the highest of the three. He almost always makes the right play.

Never in the history of the NBA has there been a player with LBJ's offensive skillset who defends at the level he does. Ever. There have been better offensive players and better defensive players, but no one has ever been as complete a package as LBJ is right now. And LBJ is probably the most versatile defender the NBA has ever seen, as he can legitimately guard all five positions. That's because of his combination of freakish athleticism and genius-level basketball IQ. If you want to hold his freakish athleticism against him, that's your prerogative --- but it doesn't make any sense at all.

This would be a different discussion if the intent was to identify players that maximize their output relative to their physical talents. Not because LeBron doesn't do that well, but because his baseline (based on athleticism) is higher than any other NBA player's. A guy like Steve Nash, however, is not an elite athlete but he became an elite player anyway because he processes the game at a speed that most people cannot. If that's the context, LBJ may be overrated --- but that's the only context in which I believe he's overrated. It's pretty tough to overrate the greatest all-around basketball player of all time ...

-HooDooKoo

Funny how you actually agreed with everything I said but then said I was wrong. If you read my previous post again, you'll see I never argued that Lebron is one of the most efficient players ever (although not no.1 to my opinion). what I said was that he is VERY limited in his offensive skills, especially talent-wise, meaning those skills which do not require freakish athleticism. his shooting is average for an average NBA guard, and his offensive moves include maximizing his athletic abilities. just ask your self what if he actually had the same body as steve nash? or sthep curry? do you think he would even make it to the NBA? finally I advise you to see game 6 of last year's Finals. you'll see exactly what i mean

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of Manu Ginobili of San Antonio Spurs

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manu rules! I used to hate the Spurs but now I love them

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steven Adams is going to be starting for old by feb imo

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How exactly is athleticism not talent?

He isn't a guard.....

chory1414

chory1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite will always be after Manu Ginobili and Kobe

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How exactly is athleticism not talent?

He isn't a guard.....

I don't consider it as "talent" cause it's not specific to basketball. as i said, LB could excel in any sports. his athleticism definitely is impressive though

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as opposed to hand eye coordination? fitness?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats not a good argument at all.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny how you actually agreed with everything I said but then said I was wrong. If you read my previous post again, you'll see I never argued that Lebron is one of the most efficient players ever (although not no.1 to my opinion). what I said was that he is VERY limited in his offensive skills, especially talent-wise, meaning those skills which do not require freakish athleticism. his shooting is average for an average NBA guard, and his offensive moves include maximizing his athletic abilities. just ask your self what if he actually had the same body as steve nash? or sthep curry? do you think he would even make it to the NBA? finally I advise you to see game 6 of last year's Finals. you'll see exactly what i mean

I don't even know how to respond to this. Either your reading comprehension is poor, or you just have a selective memory. Either way, this "debate" isn't worth having.

Have fun watching LeBron win more NBA titles and MVPs.

-HooDooKoo

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even know how to respond to this. Either your reading comprehension is poor, or you just have a selective memory. Either way, this "debate" isn't worth having.

Have fun watching LeBron win more NBA titles and MVPs.

-HooDooKoo

Haha, don't worry, there's not going to be many more. by the way, real brave of him getting together with Bosh and D-wade just so he can win a ring (If he's the greatest player of all times like you said, how come he never won a title without 2 allstars in his team??). lol, shows great character of him....NOT.
Have fun rooting for losers

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, don't worry, there's not going to be many more. by the way, real brave of him getting together with Bosh and D-wade just so he can win a ring. lol, very Michael Jordan of him....NOT.

As opposed to Kobe shaq? Or kg Allen pierce? Or dwight harden? Or or Kobe dwight Nash? Or the russell celtics back in the day when they ha every decent player? Or tony Parker and Tim Duncan? Westbrook and durant?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forget if there were other hall of famers on Jordan's bulls...... Care to remind me?

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forget if there were other hall of famers on Jordan's bulls...... Care to remind me?

Wow, you have a lot of history to learn dude. doesn't sound like you know much. Do you actually not see the difference between Jordan and Lebron? I'm not even sure if you're serious. MJ was DRAFTED by the bulls. meaning he played for the same team for more than a decade until retirement (and later mini come-back for the wizards). LB was drafted by the cavs, and couldn't take 1 ring even when they had 4 good players around him in the starting 5. Kobe and Shaq were 2 players, D-wade and Shaq were also 2 back in 2006...Kobe and Gasol were 2 in 2010. Nowitzki was uhmm....1 all-star in 2011. unless youre comparing 38 year-old Jason kidd to d-wade/bosh...
Spurs big 3 were all DRAFTED for the Spurs, meaning they actually BUILT a good team and not just used trades to cheat and steal a ring. but it's ok, keep rooting for the guy who made fun of Nowitzki when he was sick and the later got his ass kicked by him.....haha such a loser LB

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So drafting a team is in but trading isn't allowed? You have no idea what you are talking about. Notice I said hall of famers not all stars

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So drafting a team is in but trading isn't allowed? You have no idea what you are talking about. Notice I said hall of famers not all stars

everything is allowed of course. but when the spurs drafted ginobili at like #57 or something, and parker at #28, they showed what a good eye they had for players. when the heat traded for bosh and LB they showed how much money they had...that's the difference

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is allowed of course. but when the spurs drafted ginobili at like #57 or something, and parker at #28, they showed what a good eye they had for players. when the heat traded for bosh and LB they showed how much money they had...that's the difference

Except for the salary cap system, if you are looking for overspending teams look at nets Knicks and lakers. You have no obligation to stay with a team that won't put quality pieces around you, as evidenced by cavaliers complete capitulation after he left

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great example, a point guard who cant shoot and a point guard who can't defend compared with a wing who could play the position better than either of them………

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also beyond stupid that you hold someone's athleticism against them

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seriously find a more complete player than him, ever,

Y

yanivgo123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgot about this also- "When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right".
(MJ's talking about LB...guess MJ is also stupid, huh?)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
.......... i give up, offering other peoples opinions isnt proof.

MJ also decided to go play Baseball so lets not treat his opinion as infallible.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
.......... i give up, offering other peoples opinions isnt proof.

Good decision. Your debate opponent isn't interesting in debating, so you're wasting your breath. He can "think" whatever he wants while LBJ continues to win MVPs and NBA Titles.

-HooDooKoo