All Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Leafs are in the playoffs after a four year drought with a 5-3 win last night against the Pittsburgh Penguins :D looks like it will be battle of Ontario in the first round versus the Ottawa Senators. Go Leafs Go.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The new season now begins. 5 Canadian teams in playoffs, probably see 4 of them play each other in first round. Leafs looked pretty good against Penguins last night. Good luck to them.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Leafs are in the playoffs after a four year drought with a 5-3 win last night against the Pittsburgh Penguins :D looks like it will be battle of Ontario in the first round versus the Ottawa Senators. Go Leafs Go.

Awesome!!!! Go Leafs Go!!!

I made it to the Gardens a bit as a kid... can remember watching them play vs. the Bruins, seeing Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Gerry Cheevers, Derek Sanderson along with Dave Keon, Ullman & Ellis for the Leafs. Great memories!

Growing up in Mississauga, we lived just around the corner from Daryl Sittler, Ian Turnbull, Inge Hammarstrom, & Borje Salming and would see them at the corner store.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Toronto will play with Washington, hungry prior to victories in the playoffs. I think, Washington will leave in next round and will reach the final - has to them carry once.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to the leafs on making the playoffs nice to see most of the canadian teams rebounding and getting in this year

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all Leaf fans including me wanted the battle of Ontario against Ottawa. The cheap head shot to starting goalie Fredrick Anderson didn't help Toronto but will be back to start game one. Washington won the Season series 2-1 and Ovechkin is hungry for a Stanley Cup with the best record most points and a +/- over 80. The Leafs three rookies in Matthews, Nylander and Marner had a great Season question is can Washington's defense shut them down. My prediction Toronto wins the series in seven games.;)

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my forecast Washington will win series 4-1 or 4-2. and I have intuition that Washington will be in the final.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome!!!! Go Leafs Go!!!

I made it to the Gardens a bit as a kid... can remember watching them play vs. the Bruins, seeing Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Gerry Cheevers, Derek Sanderson along with Dave Keon, Ullman & Ellis for the Leafs. Great memories!

Growing up in Mississauga, we lived just around the corner from Daryl Sittler, Ian Turnbull, Inge Hammarstrom, & Borje Salming and would see them at the corner store.
sounds so cool as a kid that had to have been pretty exciting . some of those names are from my youth as well !

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my forecast Washington will win series 4-1 or 4-2. and I have intuition that Washington will be in the final.
your prediction is like saying they might win or they might not ? 4-1 or 4-2 no two guesses at it lol

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Leafs played a good first period scoring the first two goals had a feeling they would blow another lead the second Washington goal was a cheap tap in Anderson just had to cover up the loose puck. Game two goes Saturday night in Washington.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was another very exciting game to me !
I hope they can keep up the tempo with out serious injuries to players. because I know they can score goals !

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Leafs have some momentum now in this series with a 4-3 double overtime win last night heading to Toronto for the next two games. They can score in bunches and home ice should be electric for game three at the Air canada Centre.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Leafs played great last night coming back from an early two goal deficit to win in overtime 4-3 game four home ice advantage for Toronto. :icon_thum

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looked to me like the leafs had more life in the third than Washington. big game tonight :) three straight overtime games. wow what a series

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done so far leafs ,keep it going and nice to see !

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the leafs are so kind haha keep spotting the caps an early lead .... like wtf !!!! hard to play from behind like that ! good try though really. I still have faith. either way this team looks good to me. what a season and it's not quiet over yet !
Go leafs Go :)

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The turning point in the game was the turnover in the third period that gave Washington the 5-3 lead would have been a big comeback down 4-1. The series best of three now. Go Leafs Go

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes indeed I so want the leafs to come out flying tonight ! I know these guys can play and score let see if they can do it tonight ! Go leafs Go .................

ledge4131

ledge4131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My heart can't take this .... When the lads come out skating and hitting, they win the games. When they try to play patient and look for opportunities, Washington always beats them. I say, "let the dogs loose and hit everything that moves!" Even Ovechkin should get knocked on his butt a few more times!

These guys are so close ... They just need to play the body and crash the net more.

My heart ...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Leafs are a young team that are going to be a good (great?) team for the next 10 years,but it`s going to take a couple more years for them to jell and toughen up,,,and only then will they have a long playoff run. Be Patient Leaf Fans!!! :D GO LEAFS!!!

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Leafs are a young team that are going to be a good (great?) team for the next 10 years,but it`s going to take a couple more years for them to jell and toughen up,,,and only then will they have a long playoff run. Be Patient Leaf Fans!!! :D GO LEAFS!!!
this is very true but, lol we are here now so why not make the most of the time ! haha Gooooooooooooooo-Leafs-Gooooooooooooooo:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well the buds are out and I am sad :( but optimistic of the future! so much to look forward to watching! enjoy your summer Leafs.............

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good season for the Leafs next year the rookies will only get better with experience. The pieces are their in the puzzle for next playoffs . I think add some more tough defensemen will make the team better.