All Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The N.H.L. season is at the half way point and the Leafs are sitting in 9th place in the Eastern Conference with a lot of games in hand against teams they are chasing in the standings for a play off spot. The good team speed is great with all the rookies. Austin Mathews skills have him playing at an all star level Goaltending has been excellent with Anderson behind the pipes. Nazem Kadri is playing at a high level along with Mitch Marner. The bad 1-6 record in shoot out games and blowing big leads late in the third period. Summary Go Leafs Go.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Defense last night in Dallas for the Leafs giving up five goals in the first period in a 6-3 loss up next a road game Thursday night against the slumping new coach S.T. Louis Blues.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good high scoring game in Boston last night. The Leafs blew a three goal lead late but came back to win it late with JVR scoring the winning goal snapping a three game losing streak. The Leafs next game is Monday on the road versus the New York Islanders a team playing well of late.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another high scoring game in Long Island the Leafs were up 4-2 at one point blew the lead and gave up another goal with two minutes left in the third period and lose in 6-5 in overtime. The Leafs rookies are on a roll scoring all the goals but the Defense has to improve. Up next for Toronto a home game Tuesday against Dallas.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 3-1 win at home vs the Dallas and an overtime loss against the S.T. Louis Blues have the leafs sitting in seventh place in the Eastern Conference. The defense has been playing better of late up next a home game vs the Buffalo Sabres.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lack luster effort from the Leafs at home against the Buffalo Sabres in a 3-1 loss up next for Toronto a home game Tuesday night versus the New York Islanders.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A blow out win last night in Toronto 7-1 as the Leafs attack was relentless against the New York Islanders scoring goal after goal. Up next for the Blue and white a road game tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After back to back losses last night saw the Leafs erase a two goal deficit in the third period were up 3-2 and blew the lead in a 6-3 loss up next a road game vs the Carolina Hurricanes.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A win last night 4-0 against the Carolina Hurricanes good solid game from the Leafs. Up next a home game Tuesday versus the Winnipeg Jets.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big Leaf Fan :D Great Thread:deal: Go Leafs!!!!!!

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another Leafs win last night against the Winnipeg Jets in overtime hopefully Mitch Marner will return soon back to the lineup after taking a hit into the boards a couple games back. A tough upcoming schedule with a home game against the New York Rangers on Thursday night then at home against Montreal on Saturday and a road game at San Jose next Wednesday. With twenty three games left in the regular season and currently 7th place in the Eastern Conference the Playoffs is looking good for the Leafs.:)

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great game by both goalies last night. A lot of solid chances in overtime for the Leafs but could not beat the red hot Lundqvist in a shootout loss. Up next a home game this Saturday night against the Montreal Canadiens a team that has dominated Toronto recently. Go Leafs Go.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be a great game if the ref's were not involved. for some reason they take the game and make it there own I call BS I used to be a huge fan but it's hard to get into this sport when the ref's calls make the out come in to many games !
with that said I still am a bleed blue. grrrrrrrrr..........

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Leafs played well last night a couple of good chances in overtime one with Matthews on a breakaway but could not get it past the blocker of Carey Price and then a misplay by goalie Anderson going way out of the crease for the poke check and giving up the game winning goal and a 14th Straight win for Montreal over Toronto. The Refs are good for the Leafs as they have the number one power play in the league usually in a game the Power Play chances even out. The Leafs head out on tough 3 game western road trip beginning Tuesday night in San Jose.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes indeed a tough 3 game road trip.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The leafs played well last night in San Jose but gave up the winning goal with around two minutes left in the third period Mitch Marner returned to the lineup and Toronto picked up Brian Boyle at the trade deadline. Up next a game against the L.A. Kings on Thursday night.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:motz:that was so disappointing to watch. they were so mixed up for most of the game but could have come away with two points, but in the end the young buds let the chance for a single point get away !

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah at this point in the season when there is a log jam in the Standings for some of the last playoff spots every point is crucial. The Leafs were up 2-0 after two periods of play against the Kings last night blew the lead and lost the game in a shoot out getting a single point. Another tough game tonight against the Anaheim Ducks. The Leafs must improve on a very poor record this season in back to back games.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the leafs are starting to show there age if you ask me. they are fun to watch and sometimes hard to watch! I keep forgetting just how old most of this team really is! it's sad that some of the "veterans" can't pick up the team and help carry the leafs for a bit, that would make them a real team and a contender for the playoff run........

ledge4131

ledge4131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Leafs ...

I love this team and sometimes I hate this team. I grew up with them, going to several games at Maple Leaf Gardens, watching some of the greats play. I even gave Harold Ballard the finger during one game (whole different story all together).

I wish them much success during the rebuild, but I feel compelled to say that they are just a couple of players away from being great. The need an agitator that can score, a great puck carrying defenceman, and the team needs some team grit. Nothing dirty or cheap, but if you mess with one of us, you're messing with all of us!

I hope they make the playoffs this season. I didn't mind golfing early last year with my Montreal Canadian friends, but I made a bet that we would make it this year ... so if we don't, I'm out three rounds of golf to my foursome on my dime!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good road trip for the Leafs with another loss in Anaheim last night picking up only one point in three games. With eighteen games left in the regular season Toronto looks to start a new winning streak Tuesday night at home against the Detroit Red Wings.

Last edited:
V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A win last night for the Leafs 3-2 against Detroit. The teams they are chasing just ahead of them in the standing are the New York Islanders one point back and the Boston Bruins two points back. Up next for the Leafs a home game Thursday night against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Leafs were not expected to make the playoffs at the beginning of the Season from top analysts if they do it will be huge for the city of Toronto and Leaf fans.

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go leafs

I think the leafs will make the playoffs. The only real issue is they may not do great due to younger players and nerves. However I think this will be a team to watch in two years time as long as they don't get rid of there rookies :)

GO LEAFS :)

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to pick on the refereeing But there are not there and then they are there . why can't they just call the game properly. this takes away from the sport of hockey when a none call can change the out come of the game ! I see some of these "NEW" hooking calls wow, it's like they didn't even touch them or the goalie interference calls. Just call them all if it's what it is ! I stopped watching pro sports for a few years. Mostly from the Gretzky and Gilmour none call on the Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour which would have given Toronto a 5 minute power play and Gretzky would have been banished from the game. so what happens is Gretzky scores the over time winner and that's all she wrote.......:mad:

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't really been a huge leaf's fan, but I like to see teams like them and the oilers pick up some key players and start to get competitive. I am really hoping the leafs can go on a streak and make the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen.