S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The NFL schedule was released today and even though the regular season doesn't start till about 4 months from now I figured I'll start up this years "All Steelers Thread"

All Steelers Thread 2013-2015 Season

The Steelers had a legitimate shot at making a deep run into the play-offs last year but star RB Le'veon Bell injured his knee and was unable to play.

The Steelers had an incredible offense last year though they strangely struggled against losing teams while playing amazing against winning teams.

The AFC North was also one of if not the best division last year getting 3 teams into the play-offs while the little brother Browns fell apart near the end of the season but were also a tough team.

The opening game for the Steelers will be against the Super Bowl Champions The New England Patriots, September, 10th.

View Steelers Full Schedule: Steelers Schedule

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since Big Hair Troy is hanging em up, be curious if both Pooffys continue to follow the Steelers.
Just heard the Steelers have the toughest rated schedule this year.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last time the Steelers had the toughest schedule they won the SB vs the Cardinals.

:D

I have a good feeling about this year!

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
11188153_106210593044589_212075062536720937_n.png

Card Set for WPN Steeler fans!

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be a great offensive season for the Steelers

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Alright!! It's almost here!!!

This Sunday will be the start of the preseason and the Steelers have been selected to play in the first preseason game "Hall of Fame Game" Vs the Vikings

I have extremy high hopes (SuperBowl hopes) for this season. Last year the Steelers offense was EXPLOSIVE this year should be even better as the O line is now improved, Bryant is stronger and running his routes like a receiver and not like a Line backer, Brown is Brown and Bell is Bell.

The struggling Defense of last year has lost Dick Lebeau and even though that pains me the new Defensive coordinator has worked under Lebeau for 10 years so the style shouldn't change much and the players already have a relationship with him.

Also, the defense should be much, much better spending first round draft picks on improving it and rookies of last year should be drastically improved this year and much younger.

Of course with an explosive offense you sacrifice defense a little bit as they will be on the field more but I believe the Steelers D will become the Steelers defense I grew up with - Hard hitting nasty and feared.

The first couple of games however will be without Bell as he got in trouble last year and was caught smoking weed with Blount (Why Blount was unpunished I have no idea)

The Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year which may be a blessing as they only seemed to lose to bad teams last year (Was weird) and the last time they had the toughest schedule in the NFL they went on to beat the Cardinals in the SuperBowl.

Regular Season game 1 will be against the Patriots who will be playing without Brady due to Deflate Gate.

Go Steelers!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait, lets go Steelers!!!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers sign Michael Vick as a back up QB :eek:

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really blows they're without Bell, Bryant and Pouncey tomorrow. Ben and Antonio are really gonna have to light it up tomorrow if they want to win.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really blows they're without Bell, Bryant and Pouncey tomorrow. Ben and Antonio are really gonna have to light it up tomorrow if they want to win.

Yea don't mention stopping Tom Brady and the cheatriots offense.

I got my money on the pats.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Wheaton and Miller will HAVE to help Brown out. The Patriots have trouble with tight ends in the middle and with the struggling Patriots corners I'm gonna guess the middle is going to be wide open since they will have to put 8 out of the 11 guys on Brown :D

DeAngelo Williams is a pretty decent back as well if the Steelers D can keep Tom Brady from scoring every drive I bet he has 100+ yards rushing.

Optimistic? lol

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Problem is idk if I have any faith in the Steelers D right now lol. They struggled last year, and even though it's just preseason they didn't look good there either. Unless the defense performs unexpectedly they're gonna have to put up some points this year to win. And without Pouncey, Bryant or Bell that's going to be tough.

It would be sick if they could somehow shut Gronk down (even though he's on my fantasy team) and pressure Brady.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Problem is idk if I have any faith in the Steelers D right now lol. They struggled last year, and even though it's just preseason they didn't look good there either. Unless the defense performs unexpectedly they're gonna have to put up some points this year to win. And without Pouncey, Bryant or Bell that's going to be tough.

It would be sick if they could somehow shut Gronk down (even though he's on my fantasy team) and pressure Brady.

That is a validated concern.

Dick LeBeau is gone.

Pittsburg defense isn't near what it used to be.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is a validated concern.

Dick LeBeau is gone.

Pittsburg defense isn't near what it used to be.

The defense was falling apart with Dick Lebeau. I don't know what the deal is with there defense they were old but now they have youth they may just need time. Unfortunately the Steelers schedule doesn't allow for time.

The new Defense of coordinator has been working with Dick Lebeau for 10 years so hopefully that will speed up the defense a bit.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wheaton and Miller will HAVE to help Brown out. The Patriots have trouble with tight ends in the middle and with the struggling Patriots corners I'm gonna guess the middle is going to be wide open since they will have to put 8 out of the 11 guys on Brown :D

DeAngelo Williams is a pretty decent back as well if the Steelers D can keep Tom Brady from scoring every drive I bet he has 100+ yards rushing.

Optimistic? lol

DeAngelo Williams is injury prone, take it from an NFC south team fan. He's a solid back but that's why Carolina always kept 4-5 running backs with at least 2 capable starters. In your division I'll give him 6 games tops.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
DeAngelo Williams is injury prone, take it from an NFC south team fan. He's a solid back but that's why Carolina always kept 4-5 running backs with at least 2 capable starters. In your division I'll give him 6 games tops.

That's fine cause after two games he won't touch the football again :D

He's only in because Le'veon bell is suspended for two games for getting arrested for smoking pot.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Steelers already screwed 2 of my parlays up. Looks like im starting from scratch again 2morrow. Goodluck this year!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay I'm going to be a pessimist for this post because right now the optimist in me is screaming SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL!!

Steelers played, well, GREAT!

But.. The Steelers we're on a 10 day break and the 49ers just played on Monday. So a well rested team VS a tired team you should have an edge.

The offense (which is about to get bell back and is two more weeks away from getting Bryant back) is just able to score AT WILL. Best offense in the NFL. Sorry Brady, Sorry Rodgers, sorry Luck but it's true. (Of course I'm biased) lol.

The biggest question mark coming into the game (and season) is the defense, I knew the defense was going to improve throughout the season but what I watched earlier today.. Reminded me of Steel Curtain instead of the wet napkin.

Turnovers, hard hits and pressure on the QB.

Assuming this isn't fools gold from a well rested team taking on a fatigued team.

Look out!

Last edited:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay I'm going to be a pessimist for this post because right now the optimist in me is screaming SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL!!

Steelers played, well, GREAT!

But.. The Steelers we're on a 10 day break and the 49ers just played on Monday. So a well rested team VS a tired team you should have an edge.

The offense (which is about to get bell back and is two more weeks away from getting Bryant back) is just able to score AT WILL. Best offense in the NFL. Sorry Brady, Sorry Rodgers, sorry Luck but it's true. (Of course I'm biased) lol.

The biggest question mark coming into the game (and season) is the defense, I knew the defense was going to improve throughout the season but what I watched earlier today.. Reminded me of Steel Curtain instead of the wet napkin.

Turnovers, hard hits and pressure on the QB.

Assuming this isn't fools gold from a well rested team taking on a fatigued team.

Look out!

Are you serious?!

Beating a tired, no coached, 8-8 team from last year in YOUR stadium is not a reason to celebrate.

Get real bro, you have a good wideout and a decent QB but nowhere near the best offense in the NFL. You have to be kidding me!

Last edited:
Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not best overall offense in the NFL but they have the best receiver in the league and a top 3 rb when bell returns. Antonio Brown is absolutely unstoppable.

Defense played very well, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until I see some consistency.

All in all, I was very happy to see them dominate. Very excited for the season.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you serious?!

Beating a tired, no coached, 8-8 team from last year in YOUR stadium is not a reason to celebrate.

Get real bro, you have a good wideout and a decent QB but nowhere near the best offense in the NFL. You have to be kidding me!

Last year the Steelers had the 2nd most Passing YPG and the second most Total offense YPG. Ben Roethlisberger tied for first with Drew Brees in passing yards.

The kicker? They didn't become explosive until Bryant learned the offense and got to play. Which was 4+ games.

Roethlisberger broke a couple different records. First QB to ever score 12TD passes in two games (6 each) and the first QB to ever pass for more the 500 yards in a game. By first I also mean only.

Calling him decent is underestimating.

AB is arguably the best WR in the NFL so calling him a good wide out also understatement :)

The thing is if Darrius Heyward-Bey comes to be what he is capable of being look out. AB, Heyward-Bey, Bryant, and Wheaton on the same team make it nearly impossible to stop. You can't double team them all lol and in order to keep them from catching the ball you have to double team them.

Then you add Miller one of the most consistent hands at the TE position

Then you add Bell arguably the best all around running back. :eek:

If there not the best (Which I believe they are) they are most definitely top 5 if not top 3.

Of course only time will tell and Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.

If I turn out to be wrong I'll admit it. But get ready to do the same down the road :p

Go Pitt.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last year the Steelers had the 2nd most Passing YPG and the second most Total offense YPG. Ben Roethlisberger tied for first with Drew Brees in passing yards.

The kicker? They didn't become explosive until Bryant learned the offense and got to play. Which was 4+ games.

Roethlisberger broke a couple different records. First QB to ever score 12TD passes in two games (6 each) and the first QB to ever pass for more the 500 yards in a game. By first I also mean only.

Calling him decent is underestimating.

AB is arguably the best WR in the NFL so calling him a good wide out also understatement :)

The thing is if Darrius Heyward-Bey comes to be what he is capable of being look out. AB, Heyward-Bey, Bryant, and Wheaton on the same team make it nearly impossible to stop. You can't double team them all lol and in order to keep them from catching the ball you have to double team them.

Then you add Miller one of the most consistent hands at the TE position

Then you add Bell arguably the best all around running back. :eek:

If there not the best (Which I believe they are) they are most definitely top 5 if not top 3.

Of course only time will tell and Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.

If I turn out to be wrong I'll admit it. But get ready to do the same down the road :p

Go Pitt.

I'm not hating at all. Your team put in work and did their job.

Congrats, but please don't call ANY offense the best in the NFL just yet. Long way to go and my point was that dropping a 43 burger on a hapless team in your own stadium isn't amazing. The Bills have a great defense AND are well coached and the Patriots dropped 40. Let's see in the upcoming weeks how the Steelers do, against some solid teams, and reevaluate.

Congrats