Capela is still a big question mark.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of intresting moves so far ,many teams will look really different next sason

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
restricted Free Agents get screwed again, Lakers look like lucky fools, Rockets cheap out, great for Warriors

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda feel like the lakers are signing people to to add to the roster. Seems like next summer is when they are going to go all out. May also be sigNing a lot of 1 years that lbj will make look good through the season through his play making and drawing most defence attention. That gives them higher trade value incase they go for someone mid season, like kwahi if he goes to tor, or philly.

M

mj23b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lakers

LBJ to lakers but who else do they have for a title. look at what lebron had in cleveland with kevin love kyrie erving. jr smith. its cool cause i live in cali so will be nice to go see a game but still lebron wants rings, unless LA signs more or trades up they dont stand a chance competing against the gods......... (GOLDEN STATE). all that said plz sign more la lol so i can see all these players live :) im a magic fan but still. my teams not to good

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel so bad for Isaiah Thomas, he was in line to make so much money after the year he led the Celtics to the playoffs and finished All NBA second team. It goes to show that for many of these athletes, you should take advantage of the first big offer thrown at you, especially if you are one of those borderline athletes where an injury can really affect your game.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marcus Smart is supposedly signing for 4 years, $52 million.

I think Boston is going to regret that signing.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Mello is going to houston.

I agree about isaiah, reminds me of d rose, without the money.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like Mello is going to houston.

I agree about isaiah, reminds me of d rose, without the money.

Good move by thunder! They picked up a solid back up pg as well.

I am very curious if Melo joins Houston if he will start, him and harden together on D could spell disaster.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not big on melo. If he had the drive that lbj had he could still be one of the best there is. Feels like he has phoned it in for the better part of a decade at this point.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I heard Boogie won't likely be around til the playoffs. I think the Warriors picked him up just to keep any rivals from getting him at a bargain basement price.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I heard Boogie won't likely be around til the playoffs. I think the Warriors picked him up just to keep any rivals from getting him at a bargain basement price.
He will be back after all star break. If he is back z 80 % of what he was he'll be huge for them.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could also be a detriment joining that late in the season. Could ruin the flow, and since he is a baby attitude wise, after seeing stories how he is the reason for them being out of sync, could make things that much worse. If he were going to be out until playoffs, I wouldn't even play him.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Melo wants to go to Houston? I think he defensively he will not be helpful like Ariza was, but his offensive skill may make up for it. I really am not a Melo fan, but im sure him,CP3, and Harden can make things happen. Really wonder who they will get a center if capela doesnt sign with them though.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last big free agent signed! Capela signed 5 years, 90 Mil with Rockets. I know he must have wanted a lot more but he just wasn't going to get it this off-season.

As for the Rockets, they were able to dictate the negotiations and keep the heart of their defense at a cost effective price.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe melo will be serious now, his time is ticking close to the end now, and honestly if he doesn't make something happen soon, then he will be one of those people that you hear get mentioned randomly in 10 years and you are like "oh yeah, that guy".

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last big free agent signed! Capela signed 5 years, 90 Mil with Rockets. I know he must have wanted a lot more but he just wasn't going to get it this off-season.

As for the Rockets, they were able to dictate the negotiations and keep the heart of their defense at a cost effective price.

Capela is only getting better so its probably a good investment, nice to see him stay in H-Town

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are all missing the biggest thing... who is going to sign jimmer??? :D

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's say he is going to be serious... he was one of the best players, and now has been completely eclipsed by a lot of people, he has no real legacy to leave if he doesn't get a ring and is a big contributer to it. So maybe he is seeing this as his shot, maybe he will get in the gym and get his body right, and play team ball. With cp3 at point, he would have a good chance to be good. That said... I don't trust him, same as his former teammate.

Didn't Monroe go to toronto? Didn't hear much about that.
Lol good one

Melo officially signed with Houston finally.

Not sure if that makes them worse

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't Monroe go to toronto? Didn't hear much about that.

5's like Monroe are only useful as bench pieces these days, he wasn't going to find a much better situation than that.

virus94

virus94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cousins to join the two-time defending NBA champion Warriors for this coming season, one in which he'll make $5.3 million. He isn't sure when his surgically repaired Achilles - being ready for the start of training camp seems quite doubtful - but he can already envision what might happen when he returns to form.

OMG other teams have no chance to win.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5's like Monroe are only useful as bench pieces these days, he wasn't going to find a much better situation than that.
He's 28 plays like he is 38.