After all, who believes that most poker sites are rigged?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome, yet another it's rigged because I can't see win posts, how thought provoking and original, you just don't see enough of this...😎👍
Actually according to sharkscope OP is a breakeven player on pokerstars excluding freerolls. So if he could just get this "rigged" nonsense out of his head and focus on improving his game and putting in volume, he could likely build up a decent bankroll and get out of the micros. His results peaked at +$280 7 month ago and have since dropped back to +$110. But that is completely normal variance, when he has only played around 500 games since then, and many of them are large field MTTs.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
You are exactly right. I been raising that same issue, specifically from the same point of view, but much worse english. :)

Its actually quite obvious when you think about it. And you have to think about it with bigger context, just like you do, trough busines principles, how softwares are build, how random number generators are builds, how to do coding, programing etc.

So riggedness happends very sophisticated ways, situations and moments that we not necesessarily regonize at first. But over the years,after repeating thousands of times, you start to notice those spot. I have spoken about those examples here, but lets put it like this now, folding aces and other premium starting hands in certain situations is important part of my playbook, when playing online. For example, after learning that if your sportbets, which are done on the same company at same time you play poker there, goes right, or situations of those bets changes for your benefit, you immediately get delt premium hand, always get action, and always lose. Success on the betting field trigger set ups to my poker tables.

There is a lot of those, lots of repeating patterns, so lots of programmig, and lots of very sophisticated riggedness that we dont even know to think. We also dont know how much weself benefit from softwares riggednes, or in better words, normal softwares functions.

And sure, i play, and i keep playing. Should i take my money from the bank because they lie to us about money loundring, spending big money to telling everyone that they dont do it, even that it is crucial part of every biggest bank and financial institutions.

Last edited:
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
dmorris68 was a 'real' programmer and formally active member. Look for his posts earlier on in the MegaRigged thread. THere's some excellent stuff in there that should've been stickied (would've been great to just link threads like this one to it... although 'it' was a series of posts they made... as in dozens or more).
I had a look and indeed there are quite of him spread over several pages.

I don't think one can stick posts within a thread.

I found this one which explains the system of it being truly random:

Although, it's very scientific, so not sure everyone can follow it.

But I doubt it will make anyone change his mind. Indeed "theoretically" the sites could tweak it (for whatever reason) and this will probably serve as a "justification" for them.

Always easier to find a "boo-man" instead of working on your game. 😛

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Programmers I want to hear you the most.
Of course the official terms alegate that there is no manipulation of the cards dealt in online poker room tables. It actually says that (and this is only for the big poker sites) the dealing cards system is "as random as possible". Wait, is it totally random or not?
Folks, legal or not, I do believe our real experience more than "legal terms and conditions" drawn by the company lawyers. We are talking about multi milionare companies that has every resource available to circumvent the borders of legal burocarcy. Even though there is regulation, it doesn't mean they have no way of rigging and profiting by it in their softwares.
"They would loose all their players if it was rigged". No, because the players are dumb and the company too smart. "There are small poker sites that we have to worry about, but big ones like GG or PS would never do that". Really? Does that make any sense at all? Small companies get caught because they don't have the legal resources to back them up. As more money a company possess, more we have to worry, cause basically they can do whatever they want. You can say whatever you want, call me conspiratory, but in a capitalist system, this is a reality.
What grounds can we have to at least justify this allegations, if they say is not rigged? Math. Well, we are students of chance, probability, and I'm telling ya, with frequency I've seen with my own eyes some turnouts that math would disagree with.
But the insteresting thing would be to hear some software engineers, programmers, people that actually know how it is to manipulate, to PROGRAM this kind of system. Oh, the big letters are to make sure we're talking about something that can be pre-set, previously defined, architected, programmed. We are talking about something that is more than possible to be rigged within legal boundaries.
Tell us your opinion.
TY
There is fraud or there is not, but if poker brings you income, then everything else simply does not matter. I have a colleague who made a lot of money in mlm business. When he started his business, all his other friends laughed at him and said that this business is a real soap bubble. And you know what happened as a result? ....... The business really turned out to be a bubble, most of the friends who said that were right. Nevertheless, while this "soap bubble" was on the market and operating, my friend earned money for an apartment and a car. And when the bubble burst, he simply found another high-paying job :)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Captainine9
listen to these guys they are good, they are trying to help you, you are a great player I have faced you a few times at the tables, you just have to learn to deal with defeats without being affected and without influencing your game, which is very decent .
Don't divert your attention to things you can't control, focus on yourself and take advantage of this moment to increase your resilience to tilt, or take a break, read a book about the poker mentality. We can't always control everything even when we are very good at what we do, see Daniel Negreanu, his last year was very bad he even tilted on a table and threw his cell phone.
Cardschat family, you are tireless gentlemen in your task of helping, I remember how much I was helped here by all of you and yet I thought you were trying to attack me or even humiliate me, but when I realized that help can hurt a misconception and That's exactly what she should do, destroy something, to build something better. I understood who the real ones were. Congratulations to all these members, and thank you.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
dmorris68 was a 'real' programmer and formally active member. Look for his posts earlier on in the MegaRigged thread. THere's some excellent stuff in there that should've been stickied (would've been great to just link threads like this one to it... although 'it' was a series of posts they made... as in dozens or more).

I had a look and indeed there are quite of him spread over several pages.

I don't think one can stick posts within a thread.

I found this one which explains the system of it being truly random:

Although, it's very scientific, so not sure everyone can follow it.

But I doubt it will make anyone change his mind. Indeed "theoretically" the sites could tweak it (for whatever reason) and this will probably serve as a "justification" for them.

Always easier to find a "boo-man" instead of working on your game. 😛
Yeah, I looked at some of this guy's posts. Unfortunately a lot of them were just voicing frustration with members who were voicing their thoughts about rigged-ness, but that one post was good. I was already aware of that aspect of RNGs and how they are expected to perform. In fact I remember there is a quote I read somewhere from WPT Global where they were switching up algorithms within their RNG at one point because they were not satisfied with how it was performing. All in all, it's interesting to read about, not really to convince oneself whether an RNG is working properly or not at a given moment, but just to have an idea of how it all works with seeding, etc.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you strangled him a lot, guys and he feels so bad after the defeats and he probably lost a lot of hands with a probability of 80% + and he's angry and now he thinks that poker did it to him and prevents him from winning just a friend is sometimes not your day and you have to accept that you don't do you'll lose I almost always put up with 90% + or 85% + and I lose most hands although it should be the other way around but it doesn't work that way just wait of your day and I can't believe you here. Although you're 50% right that poker is like that, there's also 50% that it's not like that and we won't be able to prove it

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh, I just lost 88 < A3s < A6 all in pre-flop. I guess that just falls under the usual 30% nh/yl/gg.
This was the last hand in a SCOOP-01L phase 1 tournament, I played today. I loved the preflop action, his hand and the flop. And with only 1-2 levels left I was already looking forward to begin phase 2 with a massive stack. But then runner-runner happened proving, how rigged the game is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course the official terms alegate that there is no manipulation of the cards dealt in online poker room tables. It actually says that (and this is only for the big poker sites) the dealing cards system is "as random as possible". Wait, is it totally random or not?
Folks, legal or not, I do believe our real experience more than "legal terms and conditions" drawn by the company lawyers. We are talking about multi milionare companies that has every resource available to circumvent the borders of legal burocarcy. Even though there is regulation, it doesn't mean they have no way of rigging and profiting by it in their softwares.
"They would loose all their players if it was rigged". No, because the players are dumb and the company too smart. "There are small poker sites that we have to worry about, but big ones like GG or PS would never do that". Really? Does that make any sense at all? Small companies get caught because they don't have the legal resources to back them up. As more money a company possess, more we have to worry, cause basically they can do whatever they want. You can say whatever you want, call me conspiratory, but in a capitalist system, this is a reality.
What grounds can we have to at least justify this allegations, if they say is not rigged? Math. Well, we are students of chance, probability, and I'm telling ya, with frequency I've seen with my own eyes some turnouts that math would disagree with.
But the insteresting thing would be to hear some software engineers, programmers, people that actually know how it is to manipulate, to PROGRAM this kind of system. Oh, the big letters are to make sure we're talking about something that can be pre-set, previously defined, architected, programmed. We are talking about something that is more than possible to be rigged within legal boundaries.
Tell us your opinion.
TY
The major sites definitely not although it can feel like it when you bad. That happened to me at the weekend but not Monday 1am.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a run of 57 times all in as a 75%-95% favorite and losing all 57, and now a run of seven runner-runner suckouts in a row after the flop as a 98%-99% favorite, I am beginning to believe Pokerstars is.
I played on FT before Black Friday and had a database of 100,000 hands played. All situations were within 1% of where they should be.
I was a winning player, 14.9 ROI playing S&G.
Sure I had swings, variance is a part of poker.
But this isn't normal variance, not even close to it.

Tell me the last time you played live and took this many beats in a row?
You can't, because it doesn't happen.
I've never seen or heard of anything like it.
I don't trust PS at all anymore.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a run of 57 times all in as a 75%-95% favorite and losing all 57, and now a run of seven runner-runner suckouts in a row after the flop as a 98%-99% favorite, I am beginning to believe Pokerstars is.
How is it possible to be a 75%-95% favourite 57 times in a row? Do you never run AK into a pocket pair or AX into a better AX in a late position confrontation? You must be running incredibly hot for this to never happen to you, because it happen all the time to the rest of us. Also how do you play on PokerStars, when according to your profile you live in North Carolina?
I played on FT before Black Friday and had a database of 100,000 hands played. All situations were within 1% of where they should be. I was a winning player, 14.9 ROI playing S&G.
Yes back them games were very soft. Now they are not, and nobody have a dubble digit ROI in SnGs except over a small sample, when they have a sunrun.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I played on FT before Black Friday and had a database of 100,000 hands played. All situations were within 1% of where they should be.
I was a winning player, 14.9 ROI playing S&G.
Sure I had swings, variance is a part of poker.
But this isn't normal variance, not even close to it.

Tell me the last time you played live and took this many beats in a row?
You can't, because it doesn't happen.
I've never seen or heard of anything like it.
I don't trust PS at all anymore.
Are seriously expecting people to just believe any random thing you say?.... you lost 57 allins in a row and 7 in a row 98 to 99% hands?????????????, please post the hand history, and don't say you don't have it cuz if that happened to me I'd have screenshots at the very least, 98 and 99% hands???, what does that even mean, please share with the rest of the class ..... I'm starting not to trust you anymore🤔

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
Actually according to Sharkscope OP is a breakeven player on PokerStars excluding freerolls. So if he could just get this "rigged" nonsense out of his head and focus on improving his game and putting in volume, he could likely build up a decent bankroll and get out of the micros. His results peaked at +$280 7 month ago and have since dropped back to +$110. But that is completely normal variance, when he has only played around 500 games since then, and many of them are large field MTTs.

.... that just makes it even worse, that people would rather put on their tin foil hats and wallow in this nonsense ...

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
Are seriously expecting people to just believe any random thing you say?.... you lost 57 allins in a row and 7 in a row 98 to 99% hands?????????????, please post the hand history, and don't say you don't have it cuz if that happened to me I'd have screenshots at the very least, 98 and 99% hands???, what does that even mean, please share with the rest of the class ..... I'm starting not to trust you anymore🤔
awwww you're the replay poker guy, now it's making sense😎

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the real story is something like this: "Since Black Friday in 2011 I have not been allowed to play on PokerStars. This pisses me off, so now I am going to make stuff up, so that other people will believe, the site is rigged and not play there either". The burden of proof, there is another explanation, is on the person posting these wild claims ;)

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This was the last hand in a SCOOP-01L phase 1 tournament, I played today. I loved the preflop action, his hand and the flop. And with only 1-2 levels left I was already looking forward to begin phase 2 with a massive stack. But then runner-runner happened proving, how rigged the game is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On paper that's just a part of the game. But what if this kind of runout only happened to you when you previously won on the same seat exactly one orbit around the table ago, or exactly three hands ago? Would it be rigged then?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Tell us your opinion.
TY

for comparison, I can tell you that many people know that smoking is harmful but they do it, many people know that stealing is not good but they do it, many people know that poker sites are fake but they still play there and it can go on for a long time with examples

rhoudini

rhoudini

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a programmer. I know that it is a challenge to produce truly randomness. But yeah, today we can achieve impressive levels of randomness, not only by programming on itself, but also by using external sources of randomness together with the algorithms.

First of all, do we really know what is randomness? Do we really imagine? That's chaotic even to be defined! There are no rules, except that every possibility has to have the same chance to happen. Human beings have a lot of difficulty to imagine and thus, to reproduce these things.

Don't look just for that 1-out that somebody got in the river someday. We are dealing with a limited deck of cards. Considering Hold'em, if you know 2 cards of your hand and 4 on the board at the turn, there are 46 remaining unknown cards, and a chance of 1 in 46, despite unlikely at first, is not difficult to happen at all. In fact, the more you play, the more it will happen. It would be rigged if it never happened, actually.

52 cards is not that much. We don't come even close to the possibilities of chess, for example. There are some days in which I think everybody knows my cards: they know when I am bluffing, they 3-bet me several hands in a row, I lose many flips in a row, and I wonder if the problem is me.

Then I remember the nature of the game. My advice is this: try to learn more about the nature of the game.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that various kinds of manipulations can take place, but I think it will be very difficult to record the fact of such manipulations. I try not to think about such things and just play poker for fun :)

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am a programmer. I know that it is a challenge to produce truly randomness. But yeah, today we can achieve impressive levels of randomness, not only by programming on itself, but also by using external sources of randomness together with the algorithms.

First of all, do we really know what is randomness? Do we really imagine? That's chaotic even to be defined! There are no rules, except that every possibility has to have the same chance to happen. Human beings have a lot of difficulty to imagine and thus, to reproduce these things.

Don't look just for that 1-out that somebody got in the river someday. We are dealing with a limited deck of cards. Considering Hold'em, if you know 2 cards of your hand and 4 on the board at the turn, there are 46 remaining unknown cards, and a chance of 1 in 46, despite unlikely at first, is not difficult to happen at all. In fact, the more you play, the more it will happen. It would be rigged if it never happened, actually.

52 cards is not that much. We don't come even close to the possibilities of chess, for example. There are some days in which I think everybody knows my cards: they know when I am bluffing, they 3-bet me several hands in a row, I lose many flips in a row, and I wonder if the problem is me.

Then I remember the nature of the game. My advice is this: try to learn more about the nature of the game.
As a programmer, do you think that a poker RNG can have random cards while having non-random winning seats at a particular table in a given hand?