Would you continue to play poker if you found out that 100% of online poker is fake?

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
online poker is strange. It is nothing like in real life. pokerstars is totally out of real life poker :D With that I wanna say that nothing is like real life poker tournament. You have to try it .(y) But i would play online poker anyway.!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Each other already thinks so, but the game continues.

I have seen Videos on YouTube that say this Site is "Rigged" or that Site is "Rigged" and if you watch them with the frame of mind that says "Yes, this has happened to me" you suddenly start to believe that On-line Poker is 100% Rigged.
However if you can understand the complexities of the game and truly believe that if it was "Rigged" Why would Professional Poker players play On-line?
I have watched some big buy-in games played by Professional Players on "Twitch" and I don't believe for one minute that they believe them to be "Rigged" otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time On-line.
Going back to the YouTube videos and watching the same videos again, but with the perspective of believing that some strange things can and do happen in Poker, and if you can say "Yes this has happened to me" You can see the funny side and laugh at them.
I have been on both sides of some really incredulous hands winning and losing, but I still maintain that if On-line Poker was "Rigged" I wouldn't be able to make money playing on-line, neither would the Professionals!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there was irrefutable evidence that online was rigged - then of course i would not play it - why would i?
The facts are however - the game is so highly regulated now that it is extremely difficult for this to ever happen. I think with any industry that generates billions of dollars revenue its going to have its nay sayers and conspiracy theorists especially with gambling because of past events but also because you are dealing with peoples emotions and sometimes inability to accept they have lost money, its an emotive subject and links into another good thread about the misconceptions of poker.

J

Johnny9Nine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well if I learned that online poker HAD BECOME fake, then I might stop or, at least, take a pause.

But if the premise is online poker IS fake, then I would carry on as is, because in this fake world I am a winner, so apparently fake poker suits me well enough. Why quit a good thing?

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I would continue to play. Poker is my hobby, that's how I spend my free time

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Yes, baby, fake it until you make it! (hahaha endE)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Even if I had found out about it, I would have continued to play. I see no reason to stop playing poker, even if it's 100% fake. At least I'm withdrawing real money, not fake money, so that's definitely a reason to keep playing :)

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would play just freerolls and fake money, just for the thrill... But it would ruin the thrill for sure

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With some of the crazy plays I have seen, its suspicious. But on the other hand, I have pulled off some crazy hands too!
you see? you are talking about other players or the horrible gameplays you do since ever?

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nothing will change for me globally as I only play freerolls and satellites. But no one poker room will play dishonestly and risk their reputation, because poker industry is highly attractive. :unsure:

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this happens, it would no longer make sense to continue playing online. So I would just stick with face-to-face

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would continue to play poker for as long as poker brings me money. It doesn't matter if it's fake poker or not, the main thing is the result. If there is a profit, then everything else is not so important :)

ErnieMustang

ErnieMustang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I enjoy it enough that I might. That said, if I straight up cannot win, ever. No. I certainly wouldn't be playing on my dollar anyway.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You should ask all the winners , pros and regs this question OP .

Would they keep on playing in a rigged poker room with unreal/fake RNG ? No ? 🤣🤣🤣

Would they tell the truth about this scam to recreational and non winners to help them save their money ? Yes? 🤣🤣🤣

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You should ask all the winners , pros and regs this question OP .

Would they keep on playing in a rigged poker room with unreal/fake RNG ? No ? 🤣🤣🤣

Would they tell the truth about this scam to recreational and non winners to help them save their money ? Yes? 🤣🤣🤣
I am interested in many answers to this question and your answer is not bad