okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
How are the anti-hud brigade going to cope when AGI arrives?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please don't think that my intent is to cast aspersions on any other member here on Cards Chat, or any players elsewhere.
Until a week or so ago I had no idea what a HUD is, and I got thinking about them and what they do.​

I think that using a HUD while playing online poker is at best unethical, though in my opinion it is probably cheating. One of the rules of poker is that every player plays their own hands, without advice or assistance from any outside source. A Hud is an outside source that gives a player statistics that it has compiled on other players. By doing so it seems to me the rule is being violated. Am I correct or am I missing something?
it doesn't advise you to do any strategy
it advises you on my past action frequencys

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I agree that the HUD is indeed a way for regular players to gain an advantage over recreational players. Few recreational players know what a HUD is. And the worst part is that poker teams create a database with the HUD data and share the hands among the players on the team, which causes the players on this team to accumulate statistics from millions of hands, that is cheating. I don't know if GGpoker has backtracked, but they had banned players who play for poker teams from participating on the site.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This ^ is 100% FALSE information!

Most of the players who are winning these days are VERY HARD WORKERS. It takes some serious dedication & drive to succeed in this game.
The good thing is, it is completely dependent upon how much effort you choose to put into it.
The bad thing for most, they will never be willing to do what it takes.
The good thing... this makes it even better for those who are willing to put in the work!

JUST DO IT!
You know I had many crazy poker hands , screenshots or 10" replay at gyazo . Almost all of them I deleted . Why ? Because before that I wanted to have them as proof when SB (like you) denied that online RNG and poker are rigged . But nowadays I see that this is pointless . Almost all say the same things . The winners will try to keep fish in the tank by lying , the people who get paid by poker rooms will also lie , the very few people who agree with me don't need proof , they have already witnessed the truth by playing online and also they don't have the mood to keep on arguing with the rest of players , trying to persuade them that earth is round and is not the center of our solar system . It's pointless . It's like as we have to accept their Truth dogmatically . With this kind of behaviour I can't keep on chatting . It's pointless . You have your beliefs , I have mine . Let's move on . Period .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You know I had many crazy poker hands , screenshots or 10" replay at gyazo . Almost all of them I deleted . Why ? Because before that I wanted to have them as proof when SB (like you) denied that online RNG and poker are rigged . But nowadays I see that this is pointless . Almost all say the same things . The winners will try to keep fish in the tank by lying , the people who get paid by poker rooms will also lie , the very few people who agree with me don't need proof , they have already witnessed the truth by playing online and also they don't have the mood to keep on arguing with the rest of players , trying to persuade them that earth is round and is not the center of our solar system . It's pointless . It's like as we have to accept their Truth dogmatically . With this kind of behaviour I can't keep on chatting . It's pointless . You have your beliefs , I have mine . Let's move on . Period .
I was disagreeing with your comment "Only cheaters can win in online poker" And I stated, this is 100% false. Because it is false.

BrotherPaps

BrotherPaps

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please don't think that my intent is to cast aspersions on any other member here on Cards Chat, or any players elsewhere.
Until a week or so ago I had no idea what a HUD is, and I got thinking about them and what they do.​

I think that using a HUD while playing online poker is at best unethical, though in my opinion it is probably cheating. One of the rules of poker is that every player plays their own hands, without advice or assistance from any outside source. A Hud is an outside source that gives a player statistics that it has compiled on other players. By doing so it seems to me the rule is being violated. Am I correct or am I missing something?

Interesting question...

Since I'm not familiar with any HUD software yet and don't know their full range of capabilities... I'm mostly approaching this subject with curiosity, for now.

I have heard a successful pro player mentioning something recently about having players' strengths colour coded somehow, so I assume this must be what he was talking about.

Does that fall within the ethical guidelines of the game?! Good question...