Have you ever had the impression that the RNG in some poker tournaments behaved strangely?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
So, if someone detects that they keep getting dealt aces, kings, queens, pocket pairs (and nothing else but those cards) over and over for the entirety of their session, they would be delusional to think something changed with the function of the RNG?

It's an edge case but obviously your argument is flawed.

You mean someone else has to get equally unlucky.
if everyone wants to fail equally, then poker has no power - there are neither losers nor winners

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So, if someone detects that they keep getting dealt aces, kings, queens, pocket pairs (and nothing else but those cards) over and over for the entirety of their session, they would be delusional to think something changed with the function of the RNG?

It's an edge case but obviously your argument is flawed.

You mean someone else has to get equally unlucky.
The only delusion is to bring this into the argument.....no one has ever encountered this, the only thing players bring up is anecdotal unproven thoughts. There is no way a human brain can tell whether this is the RNG or juts variance and random. Thats my point

Yes very true, you found an actual flaw in my argument as typed!! :ROFLMAO::cool:

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
At the moment I run like shit.
I am 100% sure that the poker room has flipped the run bad switch on me and all my opponents can see my holecards.
then wait only for Royal Flush !! yes it wont work becauce everybody will fold !

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
luckyfish, I think you are a scoundrel.
I tried to follow your advice and have since played 47 million hands without getting a royal flush.
I think you set me up.
The only good thing is that I'm only 98 k in the red.