Have you ever been insulted by an opponent at the table?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Two three times . Nowadays I don't pay attention to chat when I play . It's one more needless distraction. The pace of gameplay is very fast , no need for extra delays or distractions . Wherever possible I mute chat while I play.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
There are different players. And although it's unpleasant to hear insults in your address, you shouldn't pay attention to such things, it's better to just focus and win the tournament. This will be the best punishment for all opponents, including those who are not quite adequate :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite simple - switch chat off or report to support on the respective platform.

Have some class - poker is full of bad beats and variance, no one has the perfect hand before the cards are dealt and even post flop as we all know, it can often go wrong.
Respect the opponent and yourself.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, I've been insulted in chat.
There were things I reported, but most of the time I didn't.
Most of the time I just laugh at it or write "thank you", which usually knocks them out of the game. :)

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never pay attention to criticism, but I will not tolerate insults either. If someone insults me, I can respond or even take a screenshot and send it to the support team of the poker site.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, but when it happens, i switch off from that engagement. I am not staying to endure this kinda behaviour

J

jerrycheng

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TW
Chips
Not at the moment, everyone is pretty friendly to newbies

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I always leave the chat closed and turn off the animations, because they make me lose concentration. If someone has ever insulted me, I don't know.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I simply ignore it. My attention is too precious to waste on that kind of person.

S

sandy358

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
I'm no angel. I swear at players but mainly under my breath or silently in my head, and NEVER in the chatbox 'to their face'.
IMHO insulting people in the chatbox only shows that the insulter is an annoying loser. Poker is about controling your emotions not about shoving it in others' faces through the chat.